The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 11 April 2015, 02:57 AM   #1
subjust
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Snowflake
70's era Breitling/Heuer? clone

Hi all-

Recently, I grabbed up a vintage 70's chronograph on ebay for around 135 bucks. It was described as a mid 60's Kent brand chrono, but I recognized it as one of the many Valjoux 7734 variants of the early 70's. There were no pictures of the movement, but when it arrived I was pleased to discover a pristine 7734 under the hood.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out who actually made this watch. Kent was a brand an old department store named Finlay Straus used to import Swiss watches, and although the dial and movement are marked France, the movement is clearly stamped 7734. Swiss, right?

The watch looks like a Breitling Datora 592 (among many other watches of that era). It has that barrel shaped case that so many off-brands used at the time, and it appears to be brass. Did Breitling or Heuer make the off brand versions of their watches for export?

Here are some photos, including a jeweler's stamp I can't identify. Any insight would be interesting to me. Thanks in advance!

Watch Front and Back (Dial and Movement)

http://imgur.com/a/ptQbn

Hallmark

subjust is offline   Reply With Quote