The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 7 April 2020, 05:36 AM   #1
BlackBay
"TRF" Member

Must read: bring your Rolex to one of these guys

I've been following a few watch makers on Instagram that are specialized in Rolex case service & repair. Some of them are probably already known on the boards here but if not, these are the guys:

@mikerolliworks | USA
@_hiiih_ | Japan
@zimmermanwatchrepair | USA
@losangeleswatchworks | USA
@time_lab_milano | Italy

Listed in no particular order.

My 16610 from 2010 never had a service and I'm planning to bring it in in the next 2-3 years to one of the above.

The reason I'd favor one of these guys over RSC is that I can actually talk to the person who's going to work on my watch. I've a tiny nick on one of the lugs and I want this to be deleted in the most precise way possible with almost no material loss or loss of the sharp lines and flanks. This might involve some minuscule laser welding which all these guys do.

Probably RSC can do the job too, but I've seen many edited up cases that were polished too aggressively (polish vs. refinish), resulting in rounded up edges and lines. Anyway, you can see many before&after pictures on these Instagram profiles.

Example of @zimmermanwatchrepair

The only 'concern' I have, are these watchmakers able to service a Rolex as well as RSC apart from the case work, or should one want to let RSC do the movement, bracelet, etc. and let these men only do the refinish job?

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Tools; 27 April 2020 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: First no need for any sort profane language in your post.
BlackBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 09:27 AM   #2
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
thanks for sharing. agreed could be a much better option, not to mention cheaper.

not familiar with any of them so can't comment on their ability to do movement repair.
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 10:26 AM   #3
ravenhome777
"TRF" Member

That's beautiful work.
ravenhome777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2020, 02:26 AM   #4
BigPapiDoesItAgain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many
I can vouch for Rolliworks...the quality of the casework is exceptional, including re-cutting chamfers and both requiring some laser welding to restore edge profile. Unfortunately, I don't have before and afters to publish here. As far as the servicing goes, both 16610 Sub Dates I sent them are on the + side keeping time on the order of 10-15 sec/month (in other words averaging a fraction of a second gain daily). Communication is good and I felt like prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend Mike H at Rolliworks - not sure if back open yet.
BigPapiDoesItAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2020, 03:32 AM   #5
nfranco
"TRF" Member

Los Angeles Watch Works did a great job of saving an over polished case on my 14060M.
They recut the bevels, there were none left from the previous polish job, and serviced the movement, very happy with the results.
Good communication, nice people.
nfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 12:27 PM   #6
SaintMatthew
"TRF" Member

For those who have used Rolliworks or Los Angeles Watch Works, do either have any way of sourcing Rolex parts?
SaintMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2020, 12:33 PM   #7
nfranco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMatthew View Post
For those who have used Rolliworks or Los Angeles Watch Works, do either have any way of sourcing Rolex parts?
I was told, but cannot verify, by LAWW, that they use Rolex parts.
nfranco is offline   Reply With Quote