The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 April 2020, 10:04 PM   #31
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Watch: PO
I love mine, the dial is beautiful, well polished case with chamfers. I could do without the fake rivet bracelet, but the bracelet its self is top notch. The movement is extremely accurate. I really enjoying wear it the proportions are perfect just like a 5 digit sub. I own other Rolex and I find that I love wearing a Tudor because it doesn't say Rolex on it. If you compare it to a 14060 you are getting a better watch for half the price.

Does it do anything? It tells the time.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 10:09 PM   #32
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
Not sure what your point is but if it makes you happy this is what I have, the BB58 got no wear and as such was sold. The bracelet is an embarrassment and the hands are questionable.

DaytonaC
Pepsi C
BLNR
SD 16600
SD43
Datejust 36mm
Polar Explorer II

Opinions, huh.
pretty confrontational huh sounds like you have some bitterness against the 58, wanna talk about it?

Old 7 April 2020, 10:11 PM   #33
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Will get little to no wear if you have a Rolex collection. Fake rivets and lack of adjustment/half links make the bracelet hard to love.

Save your money for something better.
Agreed. Just like most modern Tudors the bracelets are abysmal and really not up to par. Even Omega bracelets are far superior. Looks great on a NATO.
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 10:11 PM   #34
vandyologist
2024 Pledge Member

The smaller case adds real versatility with straps. I can’t get used to a NATO on a modern sub but it looks right at home on this one.

vandyologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 10:13 PM   #35
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyologist View Post
The smaller case adds real versatility with straps. I can’t get used to a NATO on a modern sub but it looks right at home on this one.

Looks great. Looks best on a NATO
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 10:28 PM   #36
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Not sure what your point is but if it makes you happy this is what I have, the BB58 got no wear and as such was sold. The bracelet is an embarrassment and the hands are questionable.

DaytonaC

Pepsi C

BLNR

SD 16600

SD43

Datejust 36mm

Polar Explorer II

Opinions, huh.

Piont is plain and simple. Your original assumption that it won't be worn when one has a Rolex is wrong as attested by several people who do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 10:31 PM   #37
QCCoinGuy
"TRF" Member

To each their own. I love mine. The dial is fantastic, and I really like the gilt snowflake hands. I also like that it doesn’t say Rolex and costs half as much, but you still get a solidly built piece with terrific history in what is for me a perfect size. The specs speak for themselves, and the watch keeps flawless time. I question whether those calling the bracelet abysmal have actually had one in their hands. Getting a perfect fit won’t be possible for everyone, but it was for me. Rivets don’t bother me at all. I kind of like them. They provide added character. Extremely attractive and well made. Same thing with the OEM nato. The BB58 looks and feels great on anything.
QCCoinGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 10:43 PM   #38
-Ally-
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
Piont is plain and simple. Your original assumption that it won't be worn when one has a Rolex is wrong as attested by several people who do.
Ok. Seems there are others who support my view. OP will no doubt make his own mind up.
-Ally- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 10:50 PM   #39
dnslater
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post

For many here, watches only matter if they say Rolex on the dial. Thankfully not everyone feels that way.
dnslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 10:51 PM   #40
MGCP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The bracelet is an embarrassment and the hands are questionable
Ive just taken a long hard look at the hands and concluded that they are definitely hands, no question about it.

Happy to help.
MGCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 11:17 PM   #41
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Ok. Seems there are others who support my view. OP will no doubt make his own mind up.

I have no doubt about your opinion. What I believe is supported by the majority of posts is that you represent a marginal viewpoint.

watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 11:28 PM   #42
kevn00
"TRF" Member

size of the case is great. weight and feel of the watch feels perfect for me. The colors took a little bit of getting used to but it works. the bracelet is a little lacking for me. i dont mind the rivets but i wish there was some sort of quick adjust system. its been a great watch so far.
kevn00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 11:36 PM   #43
johnjm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
Agreed. Just like most modern Tudors the bracelets are abysmal and really not up to par. Even Omega bracelets are far superior. Looks great on a NATO.
I disagree on this. The bracelet was top notch and super comfortable. You can't compare it to the older stamped bracelets.

It's on par with a 74200 bracelet other than the glidelock.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 7 April 2020, 11:42 PM   #44
Gee2789
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1967 Doxa 300 no-T
When I think about purchasing a watch I think about what purpose it fills in my watch collection. For me, the BB58 was an every day “beater” when I didn’t want to wear my vintage.

The great things about it are the smaller and thinner case size. Early on I had reservations about the gilt color, but it’s much more subdued on the wrist. The bracelet was decent, but I found the micro adjust clasp with too few notches. The watch was always either just a tad bit tight or a tad bit loose.

In the end, I think it’s one of the best watches for the price point. If you’re just looking for another watch to fill the void (and we’ve all been there) then you’ll probably sell the watch relatively quick. However, if you’re looking to fill a specific part of your collection, then I think you could do worse than the BB58
Gee2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 11:45 PM   #45
BDII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 126710 BLRO
Love mine. Stands up well to my Rolex’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2020, 11:51 PM   #46
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
My first entry to Tudor is this Chrono on a bund strap we bought my wife this past Christmas. It is extremely well made, beautiful to look at and I’m jealous every time my wife wears it. So talking someone into owning one seems like an easy task to me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 7 April 2020, 11:53 PM   #47
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
The bracelet is an embarrassment and the hands are questionable.
Not trying to argue with you but curious what you hate so much about the bracelet? Is it just the faux rivets that bother you? I didn't like the look of them in photos when they were first released, but wearing them, to me anyway, is a whole different story. I don't even notice them on my wrist and even when I do I have warmed up considerably to them. They are much less obvious on the wrist then they are in photos. As for the bracelet itself I think is a really good comfortable yet robust bracelet. I would put it a hair below Rolex and just above Omega from my experience. I've beer really impressed with it.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 12:35 AM   #48
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Not trying to argue with you but curious what you hate so much about the bracelet? Is it just the faux rivets that bother you? I didn't like the look of them in photos when they were first released, but wearing them, to me anyway, is a whole different story. I don't even notice them on my wrist and even when I do I have warmed up considerably to them. They are much less obvious on the wrist then they are in photos. As for the bracelet itself I think is a really good comfortable yet robust bracelet. I would put it a hair below Rolex and just above Omega from my experience. I've beer really impressed with it.

The bracelet seems to be a huge point of contention here.

Could we say the bracelet is on point to that of say a Rolex OP39. I believe that bracelet, from my experience of owning one, was a hair less quality than an 114060.

Fedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 12:59 AM   #49
kwingy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedpete View Post
The bracelet seems to be a huge point of contention here.

Could we say the bracelet is on point to that of say a Rolex OP39. I believe that bracelet, from my experience of owning one, was a hair less quality than an 114060.

Sorry but I can't agree with that - the quality of the bracelet cannot be compared with that of a glide lock bracelet which is one of the best multi-adjustable bracelets ever created.
The 58 bracelet suffered for a lack of adjustments and the oyster style links seemed small meaning it was either too tight or too loose. I felt like I needed a half link to really balance the bracelet out.
Omega bracelets are much better then the 58 one let alone a Rolex one.
kwingy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 01:04 AM   #50
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
I strongly dislike the bracelet, but the watch itself is pretty cool.
What do you dislike about the bracelet?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 01:06 AM   #51
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwingy View Post
Sorry but I can't agree with that - the quality of the bracelet cannot be compared with that of a glide lock bracelet which is one of the best multi-adjustable bracelets ever created.
The 58 bracelet suffered for a lack of adjustments and the oyster style links seemed small meaning it was either too tight or too loose. I felt like I needed a half link to really balance the bracelet out.

The bracelet on my 114060 was pure perfection.

Fedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 01:21 AM   #52
dnslater
"TRF" Member

Bracelet quality is fine. I have a relatively new Speedmaster and the BB58 Bracelet is definitely comparable with clasp, end link fit and finishing. No, the $3,600 BB58 does not have the clasp technology of a new $10k Sub-C or $6k Planet Ocean, but those watches cost significantly more than the Tudor.

Bracelet feels lighter and is supposed to evoke the feel of a 5 digit sub, which many of us love.
dnslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 01:30 AM   #53
HK852GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 16610LV
I really wanted to love this watch. Everything about it said yes. The reviews were great as was feedback on this hallowed forum.

But

When i tried it on, it just didn’t sing to me. I think it was the snowflake hands that turned me off. If it sings when you try it, then you’re all good. It was lovely, i just didn’t quite get it.
HK852GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 01:44 AM   #54
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
Well... It was the sight of this watch in a magazine that led to me getting my first Rolex. It had just been released and it caught my eye like no other watch had. It was pretty much unobtainable at the time (as were 6 digit subs) so that led me to the internet, this forum and so on. I ended up with a 5 digit sub for not much more than the Tudor.

I still think it is a terrific looking watch. Bit less restrained than a sub.
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 04:43 AM   #55
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

What’s not to love for $3700.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 21A4D639-E756-406F-A49B-2B3F13DAB1DC.jpeg (257.5 KB, 153 views)

Old 8 April 2020, 04:45 AM   #56
IndianRider
Banned

Watch: ing shameless
I don't buy Tudor. But when I do, it'll be a BB58
IndianRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 05:09 AM   #57
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyde View Post
It’s basically a remake of the original Sub

It is remake of Tudor 7922 which was made same time as Rolex (albiet as cheaper alternative to Rolex)

Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 05:24 AM   #58
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedpete View Post
Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

BB 58 has been getting a ton of love. Recently saw the HODINKEE week on the wrist. I would like to hear from you guys however.

Pics, thoughts, mini review. Whatever you have for me. I’m all ears.

Love this place. Stay safe everyone.

Simple question: Do you love your Black Bay (41) which is their most popular model and find its size perfect?

If Yes - skip BB58
If No - Try BB58

Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 05:39 AM   #59
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwingy View Post
I have a BB in my sights, but this is a main point of concern - the lack of a quick adjust. I still plan on trying one on at some point to see how it feels. We'll see.
johnorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2020, 05:58 AM   #60
CAMP
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
The BB58 gets equal wrist time with my LN GMT. I never feel like I'm settling when putting it on the wrist. I love the matte dial, chamfered lugs and the overall quality. The case is nice and thin as well. The rivets on the bracelet are just so-so and I wish micro-adjusting was easier however so I do end up wearing it loose. Gains something like 3 seconds per week and has served me well over 18 months. Let's hope some new colors get released at some point
CAMP is offline   Reply With Quote