The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 16 October 2020, 12:56 AM   #31
turfmanjon
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Looking for some advice here. I'm a one nice watch guy, and have gone through a few AP's and Patek's in search of the perfect daily. Granted I wear a Garmin or OP for sports activities, swimming, etc, but want a really nice piece to wear otherwise. I realize a watch with bracelet fits my lifestyle better, and needs to have some water resistance so can rinse off easily when gets sweaty/dirty with regular wear. I've currently been wearing a PT DD40 motif dial, which I love. But I keep gravitating back to AP. I've had a 15400ST, 26331OR, and RG44 ROO. I've always had my eye on the 26574ST with silver/white dial, as goes with everything, but never pulled the trigger due to concern with water resistance or if would be fussy as a daily. I have a nice winder and know it comes with it's own winder. Is the 20m water resistance ok for regular rinsing with soap/water to clean, and the occasional dip in the pool if leaving in a hotel room is a concern? I'm thinking of flipping the DD for this piece, but the DD is a perfect daily, has everything I want, and is easy to live with. I've always wanted a perpetual calendar and love AP, but hesitant due to concern with using as a daily and worrying about water, etc. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks!
turfmanjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 01:05 AM   #32
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
20M WR is definitely ok with splashes and under a running tap, normal day to day stuffs.

I wouldn't swim with it though or keep it submerged in water for prolonged periods.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 01:07 AM   #33
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

While I've worn RO's every day for 1-2 months straight (both steel and RG), I would be hesitant with a RO as an only watch given the bezel. and that's before worrying about the pushers and water resistance.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 03:11 AM   #34
turfmanjon

Thanks for the feedback! Noted on the WR concerns. Probably ok for my needs. Would just need to be careful on vacation or take another watch along. And regarding the bezel, I have same concerns but been more relaxed with scratches over last few years. The DD hides them well though, so would need to be more careful with any AP for sure compared to that. Hmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 October 2020, 06:46 AM   #35
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfmanjon View Post
Thanks for the feedback! Noted on the WR concerns. Probably ok for my needs. Would just need to be careful on vacation or take another watch along. And regarding the bezel, I have same concerns but been more relaxed with scratches over last few years. The DD hides them well though, so would need to be more careful with any AP for sure compared to that. Hmm...

I mean, I guess if you have AP perpetual as the 'one nice watch', as such as high bar, you could easily argue Rolex GMT doesn't make it two nice watches, just one nice watch and one kind of nice.

But seriously, I think I could be satisfied with AP Perpetual + Rolex GMT (with oyster bracelet) as a limited 2 watch duo.

Now the harder question, which perpetual!!!!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 07:30 AM   #36
turfmanjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
I mean, I guess if you have AP perpetual as the 'one nice watch', as such as high bar, you could easily argue Rolex GMT doesn't make it two nice watches, just one nice watch and one kind of nice.

But seriously, I think I could be satisfied with AP Perpetual + Rolex GMT (with oyster bracelet) as a limited 2 watch duo.

Now the harder question, which perpetual!!!!

I like how you think! I loved the 26331OR ROC with blue dial, but was a bit flashy to wear as a daily. Thinking the 26574ST white/silver dial as most well rounded. I like the blue dial, but like it better on the RG bracelet. But finding a new or newish silver dial is becoming hard to come by. Still chewing on the idea!