The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 April 2018, 07:46 AM   #1
ivy3md
"TRF" Member

Watch: Movado
Icon20 Dubai for my first Rolex? Thoughts, opinions, help?!

Hey everyone! Fairly new to this forum, but I am catching along.

I will give a little bit of background about myself. I've graduated from undergrad May 2017, launched a business Jan 2018 and got accepted into my top graduate program last month at 22 years old. Things are really looking up for me this year and I was looking to reward myself with my first Rolex. My Movado has gotten a considerable amount of wrist-time, but now, I'm ready to move with the big dogs (or somewhat of the big dogs considering I do have a budget for my first one.)

I've read some posts in regards to traveling to another country to purchase a Rolex and I am going on vacation to Dubai in exactly a week (i'm from the US). For those who can give some insight, could I get a better deal abroad in Dubai or just visit an AD here (D.C metropolitan area). I've heard multiple stories of people getting 15-20% from ADs in Dubai, or they have taken advantage of the duty free at the airport but some places in Dubai are firm in their prices

I have a budget of $10-11k and I really want either a TT 31mm DateJust jubilee with gem-set hour markers and a concealed clasp. Or if I can get a good deal I would really like a DD 34mm two toned rolex with gem-set markers (I would prefer this one as opposed to the DJ). I am a woman with small wrists but I didn't really like the lady DJ (its too small), so drop a few photos ladies or men who have gifted their women a good Rolex, I may even change my mind of which one I want.

Anyways, if i would LOVE any recommendations for places to buy in Dubai or in the States. Just really point me in any direction and I would greatly appreciate it

ivy3md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 10:32 AM   #2
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Dubai doesn’t have the best prices anymore. Have you considered using a gray dealer here? The discount will open up the selection in your budget range. You should be able to pick up a 31mm TT diamond dial from a trusted seller here with your budget (PM them your request and they'll get back to you with a quote).

Some examples

http://www.takuyawatches.com/product...rial-full-set/

http://www.takuyawatches.com/product...ezel-complete/

https://davidsw.com/product/rolex-17...-diamond-vi-2/
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 07:23 PM   #3
topgear
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 LN, PAM390
If you intend to buy in Dubai, you can it from the Dubai airport. They have the best prices compared to the ADs. Having said that the ADs will match the airport prices if you know them.

However, as of 1 Jan 2018, VAT is payable in UAE. If you buy from the Dubai airport and your outbound destination is somewhere outside the GCC countries, then you are exempted from paying VAT.
topgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 12:46 AM   #4
ivy3md
"TRF" Member

I have definitely considered that, but I thought that most of them were pre owned (which I don't have a problem with). The ones I have seen were out of my price range and I'm not sure if they had any aftermarket changes that increased the price so dramatically. I know some ADs are willing to give discounts, so I was wondering if that was the case in Dubai.
Old 20 April 2018, 12:49 AM   #5
ivy3md
"TRF" Member

I don't personally know any, but I will keep my options open in regards to buying overseas or just sticking to my home turf.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any good ADs who have given a pretty good deal (and by that I mean any discount as a good deal)?
Old 20 April 2018, 01:16 AM   #6
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Follow the advice of Abdullah
Old 20 April 2018, 02:18 AM   #7
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
My wife has a 31mm DateJust we bought for her in Maui last June. Very nice looking watch IMO. She loves it and really doesn't wear any of her other watches anymore.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote