The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 May 2019, 03:27 PM   #61
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Wasn't that impressed with the ss version,but really like the WG Blro with black dial and the new meteorite dial . Expensive though.
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 03:33 PM   #62
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ocean 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by phow View Post
I really couldn't agree more with this. I have too fallen victim of the GMT hype and I'm not entirely sure if it's because I actually like the watch or because everyone else likes the watch... Usually I don't follow the crowd simply for the sake of it but I have to consider that I just might be doing so since a) I don't normally go for case size under 41mm and b) I'm not a huge fan of the jubilee bracelet and would likely swap if for a sub bracelet... Those two factors alone make it sound like the wrong watch for me but yet, I still want it lol...

I think I might just ask my AD to let me know when the next one comes in so I can check out in person and either keep waiting or cross it off the list.
I'd highly recommend that you try it first.
Old 23 May 2019, 03:37 PM   #63
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialAndPitch View Post
He didn’t reject an offer. The OP tried on a marketing model and wasn’t offered one. He may or may not have passed if offered one.
I would have passed on it if offered 100%, as it's not a watch for me and I wouldn't buy just to sell it. There are other ways to make money
Old 23 May 2019, 03:45 PM   #64
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelUK View Post
Excellent post ... can relate to all of that ..

I never even gave a GMT a second thought up until a year or so ago. And I would hate to think I was influenced by all the hype, but clearly I have been.

I know I wouldn't wear it much if i got one. Had the Hulk for about 18 months and wore it rarely, even though i loved to look at it.
We live in an hyper-connected world and are constantly bombarded by marketing of some sort, so either on a conscious, or subconscious level we are all influenced to some extent.
Old 23 May 2019, 03:48 PM   #65
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrison0 View Post
I love mine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good on you, wear it in good health
Old 23 May 2019, 03:51 PM   #66
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
I love mine

But gotta buy what you love and will wear

I turned down Hulk, SkyD-blue, DSSD-JC, and SD43 all for various reasons. I didn't care if they were sought after or hot items or traded over list.

Truth
Old 24 May 2019, 01:11 AM   #67
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIII View Post
The one I passed on? It was the new release.

I passed on the first release but the new bezel is vibrant IMO. That's the great thing about this hobby. It's all personal preference.
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 01:19 AM   #68
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwatchcollector View Post
I passed on the first release but the new bezel is vibrant IMO. That's the great thing about this hobby. It's all personal preference.

Absolutely right. To be honest - my approach lately is really steering clear of the hyped up references - and enjoying the rest of manufacturers portfolios.

RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 02:01 AM   #69
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Agree, BLRO is a beyond stunning watch but hard to have this as a one and only. I have a new appreciation for the BLNR though, which I think can do it all (either bracelet)
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 03:17 AM   #70
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIII View Post
Absolutely right. To be honest - my approach lately is really steering clear of the hyped up references - and enjoying the rest of manufacturers portfolios.

Cheers to that
Old 24 May 2019, 03:35 AM   #71
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Nothing wrong with not liking it.. impossible for it to please everybody and be pretty weird if it did
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 03:41 AM   #72
blankapdx
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 black
Had a chance to see the Pepsi in person, just wasn't for me. But the TT RG Chnr was just a stunner in person. Looking at pictures, it was totally the opposite.
blankapdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:36 AM   #73
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankapdx View Post
Had a chance to see the Pepsi in person, just wasn't for me. But the TT RG Chnr was just a stunner in person. Looking at pictures, it was totally the opposite.
I've never seen a Root Beer up close, but I kinda dig the colour combo.
Old 24 May 2019, 04:36 AM   #74
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveWatch View Post
Nothing wrong with not liking it.. impossible for it to please everybody and be pretty weird if it did
Indeed.
Old 24 May 2019, 05:10 AM   #75
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Tried BLRO and...

I really enjoy the BLRO. I will admit, the colors are not perfect. Especially on the MK1 bezel like the one I have. But I enjoy it nevertheless. I found the perfect solution to the bezel colors too. Just own a 5-digit also. Maybe even 2. Problem solved!

Old 24 May 2019, 05:22 AM   #76
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
The colours have been 'improved' a little on the latest version.
Stop
SFBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 05:42 AM   #77
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAY View Post
Stop
Not this again!!!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 07:54 AM   #78
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkholeninja View Post
...it didn't do it for me!

Ok, let me backtrack a bit.

I was looking to buy a second Rolex to compliment my 116600 and wanted to see what all the fuss was about with BLRO, so a couple of weeks ago I went to an AD in Lucerne, Switzerland, who happened to have one in stock, but for marketing purposes only. I was able to try the watch in a private viewing room, away from a large group of Chinese tourists, but after putting it on I didn't fall for it at all. Not sure if it's the shiny jubilee bracelet, but it felt very flashy and not something I would wear on daily basis as I do with my SD4K. This is of course all subjective and a matter of personal taste, but it got me thinking about the Rolex craze we're now experiencing. Before all the hype I would never have considered a GMT, as I like divers more, but because every man and his dog seem to want BLRO, I felt compelled to look for it. Having had an opportunity to at least try it, I now know for a fact that I won't be putting my name on a waiting list.

Morale of the story? Don't let all the hype cloud your judgement and before going through great lengths to acquire a watch (e.g. paying well over the odds to get it), go and try it first and ask yourself if it's truly the one for you.

I had a reverse case experience. When it came out I was turned off with the initial photos and videos. I even posted a thread along these lines stating my distaste you can search for it if you want.

Then, when I saw it in person, WOW, instant love at first sight. I love this piece.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 08:48 AM   #79
cdubg21
Banned

Watch: 116610LV
I think the 126710BLRO on a sub bracelet (brushed glidelock) would be the perfect watch, at least in my opinion. I can’t stand the jubilee, ruins the watch for me.
cdubg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:14 PM   #80
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
I had a reverse case experience. When it came out I was turned off with the initial photos and videos. I even posted a thread along these lines stating my distaste you can search for it if you want.

Then, when I saw it in person, WOW, instant love at first sight. I love this piece.
No doubt that for some it is THE watch to get right now, just not for me.
Old 24 May 2019, 05:50 PM   #81
HK852GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 16610LV
Interesting. I got my 5-digit GMT with a black bezel. Thought the Pepsi was overrated. Then as i saw more on here, i resolved to get a BLRO insert. Having got it, i wore it for a day and then reverted to LN. The BLRO while gorgeous, just wasn’t ‘me’.

The coke however.....
HK852GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 11:23 PM   #82
InitialAndPitch
Banned

Watch: GMT-II BLRO PEPSI
Quote:
I would have passed on it if offered 100%, as it's not a watch for me and I wouldn't buy just to sell it. There are other ways to make money
I agree wholeheartedly. Sounds like your instincts are serving you well. cheers.

We humans are funny creatures. Me included!
InitialAndPitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 01:10 AM   #83
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialAndPitch View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. Sounds like your instincts are serving you well. cheers.

We humans are funny creatures. Me included!
I amuse you!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg funnyhow.jpg (13.3 KB, 169 views)
Old 28 May 2019, 01:57 AM   #84
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
...it didn't do it for me!

Ok, let me backtrack a bit.

I was looking to buy a second Rolex to compliment my 116600 and wanted to see what all the fuss was about with BLRO, so a couple of weeks ago I went to an AD in Lucerne, Switzerland, who happened to have one in stock, but for marketing purposes only. I was able to try the watch in a private viewing room, away from a large group of Chinese tourists, but after putting it on I didn't fall for it at all. Not sure if it's the shiny jubilee bracelet, but it felt very flashy and not something I would wear on daily basis as I do with my SD4K. This is of course all subjective and a matter of personal taste, but it got me thinking about the Rolex craze we're now experiencing. Before all the hype I would never have considered a GMT, as I like divers more, but because every man and his dog seem to want BLRO, I felt compelled to look for it. Having had an opportunity to at least try it, I now know for a fact that I won't be putting my name on a waiting list.

Morale of the story? Don't let all the hype cloud your judgement and before going through great lengths to acquire a watch (e.g. paying well over the odds to get it), go and try it first and ask yourself if it's truly the one for you.

This is an excellent post and reminder. I think when folks get the call from the AD, there is some influence of the perceived rarity as well as the knowledge of the discrepancy between MSRP and Gray market that must influence folks to some degree.

Then of course the rarity creates a cognitive dissonance where what we may like is the rarity and feeling that the watch is special and hard to get, rather than the piece that we actually want. I think folks need to take their time, do the research, and don't be afraid to pass. Other opportunities will come up.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 02:40 AM   #85
calh22a
Banned

My AD showed me a Pepsi that was spoken for. It does look nice in person, but it wasn’t for me. Glad I had a chance to see it. It is a shame we can’t easily see all these different references before making a decision to buy.
calh22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 02:50 AM   #86
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...Your Thoughts
I have had both WG Pepsi and SS Pepsi.
Both are great but for me I like WG better as far as looks,
SS Better for comfort and price. WG is the one I miss more.
BUT, I like full RG CHNR even better yet for a PM GMT which is why I have it now.

Also, Here is a WG worth considering too, I just got the other day...
I just love love sunburst dials, as WG/SS Pepsi dial is not as much fun.
2019-05-25_11-23-41.jpg
brmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 03:05 AM   #87
Vince KSA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsin View Post
Jubilee on sports models is meh. To each his/her own though
Completely agree, it ruins the BLRO and the new BNLR for me. I tried the BLRO on and the jubilee just made it feel a little flimsy. Agree that the jubilee not a sports/professional watch bracelet.
Patek Philippe 5168-G (Aquanaut Blue) - Rolex Daytona 116508 Green Dial - Rolex Submariner 116619LB ( Smurf) - Panerai 1116 (Platinum 1 of 70) - Panerai 932 Radiomir 47mm - Panerai 968 Submersible "Bronzo" - NOMOS Glashutte Club 453 Campus - SS Omega Seamaster Orange - Porsche Design GMT - G Shock Solar - Tag F1 Circa 1995 - J W Benson Circa 1950. ( F.PJ. Complication on order 👍🏼)
Vince KSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 03:13 AM   #88
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

The 🦊 and the 🍇....

I'm joking...to me the blnr hype is not justified. The blue and black together to me and I repeat only to me is like a 🤛🏽 In my 👀...but to everyone its own. I had it and changed after few weeks for daytona...never look back.

I was lucky to get blro ss from AD and it was the gmt I was waiting for: proportioned, jubilee, ceramic bezel, right color (compared to WG). It has all I need.
Mrngrz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 03:16 AM   #89
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
I recently tried one on also. Really nice watch at retail but not worth grey market prices for me.
This is really true on all Rolex models.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 03:37 AM   #90
Largoshark
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmeyers View Post
I have had both WG Pepsi and SS Pepsi.
Both are great but for me I like WG better as far as looks,
SS Better for comfort and price. WG is the one I miss more.
BUT, I like full RG CHNR even better yet for a PM GMT which is why I have it now.

Also, Here is a WG worth considering too, I just got the other day...
I just love love sunburst dials, as WG/SS Pepsi dial is not as much fun.
Attachment 1044749
Beautiful watch, but way off topic
Largoshark is offline   Reply With Quote