The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 August 2019, 04:49 AM   #1
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
New to AP, looking for advice

Considering taking advantage of the appreciation of my 116610LV and venturing into a new brand, just turned off by current state of the Rolex. The Royal Oak 15450ST has caught my eye and I think it would look good on my smaller 6.5" wrist.

Not having any idea on the current market for this model, what would you recommend I do? Since I live in Tampa, there is the AP US service center in my back yard and it looks like they have showroom. I was considering making an appt to possibly try the watch on if they have any in stock and order/buy if possible. Or I'm close enough to DavidSW who actually has one but it's at a premium of MSRP. Utilizing David would make for an easy trade and immediate availability. Going to the Service Center would mean possible wait list I'm assuming, especially since I have zero history with the brand. The dial color is not an issue, I like them all.

Also, my wife likes the wear my watches occasionally. How hard is it to remove/add links? I have proper bergeon screwdrivers and do this on my Rolex watches without issue.
Old 15 August 2019, 05:42 AM   #2
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Sounds like a good move, I'd join the wait list and set yourself a target, say 3 or 6 months, then if one has not come in, as they are getting more popular as other models become impossible to source, then you can consider going grey.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2019, 06:48 AM   #3
Bebop1337
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Batman
that's what I'm thinking about doing with my rolexes. How hard is it to get on the RO list? I only have a couple dealers where I live (chicago) and it is extremely exclusive...
Bebop1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2019, 04:43 PM   #4
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

Pretty sure the grey and white (discontinued) 15450 sell for close to retail price so no need to wait unless you want to develop a relationship with an AD
fullofboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2019, 03:35 AM   #5
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Sounds like a good move, I'd join the wait list and set yourself a target, say 3 or 6 months, then if one has not come in, as they are getting more popular as other models become impossible to source, then you can consider going grey.
Thank you, Neil. I'll try this route.