The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 17 August 2019, 09:18 PM   #1
kijoe
"TRF" Member

AP service costs for older ROs

I was checking the servicing price list from AP and it says ”Our service prices are valid only for mechanical watches which were produced within the last 25 years ” and for others they would be giving a quote.

Are the servicing costs much higher for the older pieces?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2019, 01:12 AM   #2
duc888
"TRF" Member

I would be suprised if it was cheaper for the older ones.
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2019, 01:15 AM   #3
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

its probably dependent on what it is and if they have to make new parts for it. I believe they have lots of old parts but not always. My understanding is they will make them from old technical specs if needed
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2019, 02:16 AM   #4
kijoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
its probably dependent on what it is and if they have to make new parts for it. I believe they have lots of old parts but not always. My understanding is they will make them from old technical specs if needed

Thanks, I recently purchased my first AP, a 36mm RO 25594.789st with the Day-Date, that I fell in love with.

It came with original papers, but there was no purchase date in them. The seller said it’s probably from late 90s so that would mean it is closing on the 25 year mark. I’ve tried to nail the timing down myself, but I am still a newbie.

The watch is in great condition and was serviced by the shop that sold it, so probably does not need servicing for a few years. However, its good to be prepared for what kind of costs will be down the road - and if that 25 years means there is a signifcany bump, it might make sense to send in a bit early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kijoe is offline   Reply With Quote