The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 1 July 2019, 11:10 AM   #91
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

a rolex name handle and only 19 posts.
nuff said.
tonupbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 02:59 PM   #92
calh22a
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn View Post
a rolex name handle and only 19 posts.
nuff said.
Yeah I don’t know the OP but just from reading this thread and his other thread, everything rubs me the wrong way. It all started with him not being able to get an allocation for an RO. He happens to meet the AP NA CEO and was allocated a watch which the boutique had to somehow source. He didn’t get the red carpet royal treatment when he went to pick up the watch which really upset him. Granted maybe they did treat him like trash as many members have had bad interactions at that boutique.

In a kind gesture, a fellow forum member connected him to AP CEO. OP posts this thread to ask for input in the guise of helping other potential customers get better service from AP. He drops from the face of the earth only for us to find out he gets to purchase a watch of his choice and a tour of the AP facilities. Total lack of character.
calh22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 05:10 PM   #93
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calh22a View Post
Yeah I don’t know the OP but just from reading this thread and his other thread, everything rubs me the wrong way. It all started with him not being able to get an allocation for an RO. He happens to meet the AP NA CEO and was allocated a watch which the boutique had to somehow source. He didn’t get the red carpet royal treatment when he went to pick up the watch which really upset him. Granted maybe they did treat him like trash as many members have had bad interactions at that boutique.

In a kind gesture, a fellow forum member connected him to AP CEO. OP posts this thread to ask for input in the guise of helping other potential customers get better service from AP. He drops from the face of the earth only for us to find out he gets to purchase a watch of his choice and a tour of the AP facilities. Total lack of character.
He dropped from the face of the earth because that was part of the deal. But he left us with the blueprint for getting a watch of choice from AP. For that he will not be forgotten.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 08:11 PM   #94
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I think the reason he received this result was Ash's intervention. Maybe I am wrong but he is an excellent customer and I am guessing he influenced the result.
I partially agree, but there are a few threads on dissatisfaction and that would probably lead just as much to the overcompensation, which has backfired.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 01:19 AM   #95
calh22a
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
He dropped from the face of the earth because that was part of the deal. But he left us with the blueprint for getting a watch of choice from AP. For that he will not be forgotten.
planning on paying a visit to Susan very soon. 15407 here I come.
calh22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 02:43 AM   #96
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Oh this thread.....
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 03:21 AM   #97
ufboy73
Banned

Quote:
well, I already had the pleasure of interacting with her - so, where the hell is my Jumbo??
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 05:15 AM   #98
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
According to whom? Making an assumption there.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 10:38 AM   #99
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
More than likely he just has better things going on and only came here when an issue arose looking for answers.

Also, unless another member with contacts is going to assist you are not going to get this result.

Old 2 July 2019, 05:27 PM   #100
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Of course it's an assumption. Is there any other way to explain mysterious disappearances? You have to go with baseless conjecture.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2019, 02:09 AM   #101
ufboy73
Banned

Quote:
Of course it's an assumption. Is there any other way to explain mysterious disappearances? You have to go with baseless conjecture.
I wouldn't say 'baseless', entirely - the posting behavior pre-and-post meeting is fairly telling
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2019, 02:22 AM   #102
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2019, 02:25 AM   #103
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
More than likely he just has better things going on and only came here when an issue arose looking for answers.

Also, unless another member with contacts is going to assist you are not going to get this result.

How do we know this actually happened and its not complete BS? I gotta be honest, I find it a little hard to believe someone just places a call to someone at AP, tells a story about some stranger on the internet who had a bad experience with an AP boutique, and BOOM! Meeting with NA CEO and whatever watch he wants. But hey, maybe.
Old 3 July 2019, 02:40 AM   #104
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
How do we know this actually happened and its not complete BS? I gotta be honest, I find it a little hard to believe someone just places a call to someone at AP, tells a story about some stranger on the internet who had a bad experience with an AP boutique, and BOOM! Meeting with NA CEO and whatever watch he wants. But hey, maybe.
Very true sounds too good to be true but apparently this one member of the forum has very good AP connections... so IDK, sounds more like a treatment Lebron would get though
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2019, 03:16 AM   #105
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
We don't know I am taking Ash at his word as I have no reason to believe he would lie about something like this as it only opens him up to being harassed by other people who read it and want a hot watch for nothing.
Old 3 July 2019, 03:17 AM   #106
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
We don't know I am taking Ash at his word as I have no reason to believe he would lie about something like this as it only opens him up to being harassed by other people who read it and want a hot watch for nothing.
So was this guy silenced to never come back to TRF and speak of this again as part of the deal? If we are going to have transparency, lets have it!
Old 3 July 2019, 08:30 PM   #107
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
I don’t need anything further. Ash has nothing to gain by lying and this topic has run its course. The invective being thrown around should be reserved for the OP and the OP only. Even if he was told not to spread the word, there is a way to provide an update and thank the people who helped the OP without broadcasting the details (assuming that was even a condition to begin with).
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 02:13 AM   #108
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
So was this guy silenced to never come back to TRF and speak of this again as part of the deal? If we are going to have transparency, lets have it!
Who knows lol honestly I don't think its as interesting a tale as you might think. If they wanted to smooth it over the condition would be that he posts about how his situation was resolved.

I think he just does not care about a watch forum now that his prob is solved. Most people don't spend their days posting about watches on TRF.
Old 4 July 2019, 04:37 AM   #109
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Who knows lol honestly I don't think its as interesting a tale as you might think. If they wanted to smooth it over the condition would be that he posts about how his situation was resolved.

I think he just does not care about a watch forum now that his prob is solved. Most people don't spend their days posting about watches on TRF.
Yup...users. Lol
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 04:45 AM   #110
Uros
"TRF" Member

Maybe the OP is CEO? He just wanted to get feedback...

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 10:05 AM   #111
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uros View Post
Maybe the OP is CEO? He just wanted to get feedback...

:)

In that case... code 11:59?....
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 10:55 PM   #112
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

This is likely the case, we are all freaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 5 July 2019, 07:41 AM   #113
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Most people don't spend their days posting about watches on TRF.
Whaaaaaaaaaat....? Surely you jest. What could possibly be more important than this??
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2019, 08:22 PM   #114
DGB
"TRF" Member

So what were the minutes of the meeting with the CEO?

DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2019, 09:04 PM   #115
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Kindly Ask if they are coming out with a grand complication (either minute repeater or split seconds chronograph) in a non-RO case. Thanks.
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2019, 09:32 PM   #116
dxbtousa
"TRF" Member

You guys need to follow other threads about this OP; its all a bunch of BS in the purest form.
dxbtousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2019, 11:11 AM   #117
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

CEO of AP Meeting

Oh that's great. So..... one person on here supposedly is the one who connected him with someone at AP. So was that all BS as well?

Old 12 August 2019, 11:50 AM   #118
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh that's great. So..... one person on here supposedly is the one who connected him with someone at AP. So was that all BS as well?

No it seems the meeting is real "he posted a screen shot of the emails with the CEO" THANKS to TRF!!! but the guy is a jerk to say the least; check out his other threads.
Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2019, 11:57 AM   #119
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collector2019 View Post
No it seems the meeting is real "he posted a screen shot of the emails with the CEO" THANKS to TRF!!! but the guy is a jerk to say the least; check out his other threads.

Yeah.... Guy can post a png screenshot but can't post a photo. I'm suspect of this whole tale, was already skeptical and this just reinforced it.

Old 12 August 2019, 05:55 PM   #120
APAP
"TRF" Member

Strange nobody has assumed that AP might have abducted the guy and he’s now locked up in the basement below the boutique; feeding on leftovers from movement parts.
APAP is offline   Reply With Quote