The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 16 August 2019, 12:30 PM   #1
Jess996
"TRF" Member

Who Can refer me a key person at Vegas boutique?

Hello TRF, I’m staying in Vegas today and tomorrow, Im plan to stop by AP boutique to discuss about few pieces that I’m interested, can someone here refer me a key person that I can talk to? Thank you very much for your help.
Jess996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2019, 12:54 PM   #2
hdfb910
"TRF" Member

AP Crystal Shops: Ting Ting

Great to deal with.
Patek Philippe 5711/1A-010, Patek Philippe 5170G, Patek Philippe 5227R, Audemar Piguet 15400or, Audemar Piguet 15707ce, Audemar Piguet 26331IP, Audemar 15500 Blue dial, Rolex Pepsi 16710, Rolex Sub 116619LB (Smurf) F.P Journe Platinum Chronometre Souverain, Old School Breitling SuperOcean A17360, Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic Tru Seconds

Instagram: @donpedro_007
hdfb910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2019, 01:59 PM   #3
smallcollector
"TRF" Member

Unless you're a repeat customer - it's pretty much worthless to go in. The manager had pieces I wanted to purchase in stock, and flat out refused to sell to me.

Shitty business practice.
smallcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2019, 02:01 PM   #4
NDAzone
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust41 MoP
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallcollector View Post
Unless you're a repeat customer - it's pretty much worthless to go in. The manager had pieces I wanted to purchase in stock, and flat out refused to sell to me.

He will make a repeat customer very happy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
NDAzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2019, 04:50 PM   #5
Jess996
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfb910 View Post
AP Crystal Shops: Ting Ting

Great to deal with.
Thank you Pete.
Jess996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2019, 11:45 PM   #6
Odie-r
"TRF" Member

I had a good experience there and i'm a nobody! Nice place to visit.
Old 17 August 2019, 12:07 AM   #7
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:

the only thing bad about that is they shouldn't have let you know they had them.

Much more OK to just say "no we dont have that". If you dont need to know, you shouldn't IMO

repeat customers are more valuable to retain because of their track record. totally understandable
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2019, 12:08 AM   #8
APAP
"TRF" Member

You’re not the same person who asked for AP NA CEO email address are you?

Well, i visited LV boutique once and wasn’t particularly impressed with the service. In fact, they weren’t very interested but then I was wearing my Apple Watch.
APAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2019, 12:17 AM   #9
mokytron
"TRF" Member

i had a great experience there with Julie and Zizo
mokytron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2019, 06:06 AM   #10
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

I'd chat with Liezel Talamayan, great contact that will do whatever she can to help out a client.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2019, 06:44 AM   #11
rosenbergendo
"TRF" Member

Do they charge tax?
rosenbergendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2019, 05:16 PM   #12
scottmlew
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'm curious which pieces, if you don't mind sharing.
scottmlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 11:10 PM   #13
systematic.entropy
"TRF" Member

I had to practically beg them to let me SEE a RO in person. They said they were only taking orders and required full payment.... Honestly, seemed pretty sketch, eventually, they brought out a RO for me to handle. This was fall of 2018.
systematic.entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 03:53 AM   #14
danny1305
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess996 View Post
Hello TRF, I’m staying in Vegas today and tomorrow, Im plan to stop by AP boutique to discuss about few pieces that I’m interested, can someone here refer me a key person that I can talk to? Thank you very much for your help.
So...how was your experience?
danny1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 02:38 PM   #15
smallcollector
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmlew View Post
I'm curious which pieces, if you don't mind sharing.
He let me try on a blue 26331st after quite a long / friendly conversation.

There were also two other gentlemen with several stainless RO on their table for them to choose. I was not allowed to even see them.

Two points here
1 - I've bought several new AP from (different location) ADs in the past. If the corporation runs these boutiques - I AM a repeat customer and should be treated well.

2 - if you are going to exclude me - don't dangle pieces in front of me - it's just flat our rude.
Old 20 August 2019, 02:41 PM   #16
smallcollector
"TRF" Member

Something else funny to add - "buy a diver, become a customer'.

I've already owned 2 divers in the past, wore them and sold them after a couple years. The corporation should be aware and reward that.
Old 21 August 2019, 04:32 AM   #17
yyzpam
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP AP Rolex PAM
Quote:
He let me try on a blue 26331st after quite a long / friendly conversation.

There were also two other gentlemen with several stainless RO on their table for them to choose. I was not allowed to even see them.

Two points here
1 - I've bought several new AP from (different location) ADs in the past. If the corporation runs these boutiques - I AM a repeat customer and should be treated well.

2 - if you are going to exclude me - don't dangle pieces in front of me - it's just flat our rude.
The Vegas boutique is run by Westime (of of LA). It is not run by AP themselves, and while you are certainly an existing AP owner and should be treated as such, you would not be considered as a 'repeat' client with Westime and SS pieces will be VERY difficult to obtain without the usual bundling. Your previous purchase history will not count for much with them.
yyzpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 05:00 AM   #18
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzpam View Post
The Vegas boutique is run by Westime (of of LA). It is not run by AP themselves, and while you are certainly an existing AP owner and should be treated as such, you would not be considered as a 'repeat' client with Westime and SS pieces will be VERY difficult to obtain without the usual bundling. Your previous purchase history will not count for much with them.
That is a shame but makes sense. Wish there was more integration across all the boutiques given their migration to a boutique only sales model. Would be nice to see if there’s a list of AP owned / operated boutiques around the world
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 07:53 AM   #19
yyzpam
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP AP Rolex PAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
That is a shame but makes sense. Wish there was more integration across all the boutiques given their migration to a boutique only sales model. Would be nice to see if there’s a list of AP owned / operated boutiques around the world
Would be nice but not going to happen. AP's new 'boutique' model does not mean 'corporate owned'. It's all market dependent. They work with local partners who have deep pockets and are willing to foot the bill for the expensive build out of the boutiques, rent, furniture, etc. in exchange for market exclusivity that AP will then control with inventory. This works out great as AP does not share space with other brands, minimize their retail costs and still control the flow of product. I am sure that there will be some 'direct / corporate' owned locations throughout the world but there will certainly not be any differentiation on the AP website. They will present a united footprint publicly but the local partners will still serve their own markets in their own way by giving preference to their own repeat clients first (which I understand).
yyzpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 03:26 PM   #20
smallcollector
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting - i did not know that. Makes more sense now.

thx
Old 21 August 2019, 08:55 PM   #21
m3jasper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ditto.
m3jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 01:04 AM   #22
danny1305
"TRF" Member

Well, the OP has been back to check in on this post every day...but has not replied to any of the questions. Asks for help, then ignores everyone lol. Safe to say he didn’t have a very favorable experience
danny1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 05:00 AM   #23
smallcollector
"TRF" Member

ya. . .which does kind of prove my original point Haha

"Unless you're a repeat customer - it's pretty much worthless to go in"
Old 23 August 2019, 01:17 AM   #24
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Yea the treatment of average customers at AP AD's and partnered boutiques is the worst. No different than trying to buy a Daytona at the Rolex AD's. They are kinda rude.
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2019, 07:01 AM   #25
Amiricanmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
AP LV is great, very nice and friendly. But to the OP, regardless of who you talk to you aren't going to get what you're asking for. Key/Boss/Manager, ask for whoever, answer is the same. If you're looking to develop a long term relationship with the brand and are not asking for a JUMBO or steel pieces as your first purchase hit up Jerome at the Bel Harbor Boutique. Let him know Amir sent you.
Amiricanmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2019, 07:06 AM   #26
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade View Post
AP LV is great, very nice and friendly. But to the OP, regardless of who you talk to you aren't going to get what you're asking for. Key/Boss/Manager, ask for whoever, answer is the same. If you're looking to develop a long term relationship with the brand and are not asking for a JUMBO or steel pieces as your first purchase hit up Jerome at the Bel Harbor Boutique. Let him know Amir sent you.

Didn’t know your name was Amir. What a crafty username
Old 6 September 2019, 02:20 PM   #27
Amiricanmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Didn’t know your name was Amir. What a crafty username
RIGHT?
Amiricanmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2019, 08:44 PM   #28
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess996 View Post

Please do share the outcome here my friend!
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 11:18 AM   #29
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
So sad when honest customer-wanna-be's are treated as less than barn waste.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"

Last edited by 214270Explorer; 8 September 2019 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: restructuring
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 12:18 PM   #30
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade View Post
Well put
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote