The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 December 2017, 12:55 AM   #1
Hank
"TRF" Member
 
Hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 846
AP ROO 44mm wearability

Hey Guys,

I have 6.5 inch wrists and wondering if I could pull off an AP ROO Chrono. I have a PAM 233 which is borderline too big and I hears the ROOs wear a lot bigger due to the integrated bracelet. Do they also wear significantly bigger than the AP ROO Divers? Any members happen to have a 42mm and 44mm side by side photo? I attach a few wrist shots for your reference. Thanks as always and I would appreciate your comments and wisdom.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 12:59 AM   #2
Foxman2k
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Boston
Posts: 280
Here is mine compared to a speed master grey side.

Foxman2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 01:01 AM   #3
AshAP
2018 Pledge Member
 
AshAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Real Name: Ash
Location: UK
Watch: AP Royal Oak
Posts: 2,224
You need to try one but judging how the 42 looks (good) on you I personally think that the 44 could be too big but try it as only then will you know. The chrono pushers on the 44 are what makes the watch so imposing but if you can pull it off I'd recommend it as it's a great watch.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AshAP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 02:42 AM   #4
P2725TMB
2018 Pledge Member
 
P2725TMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Real Name: Chris
Location: London UK
Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Posts: 830
I agree with Ash, that looking at how the diver fits you its most likely the 44 ROOs will be too big, as they do wear quite a bit larger. Only way is to try one, but I think you should be cautious. I have circa 7" wrist and I'd say that's pretty much the smallest you'll really get away with.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 03:03 AM   #5
ezinhk
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: hk
Posts: 476
44 ROO on 6.5 wrist

My left wrist is slightly above 6.5 and I feel is borderline though I do have option to wear on my right which is over 7.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BB7DE22E-9173-4481-9580-77DD903BB718.jpeg (140.4 KB, 304 views)
ezinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 04:28 AM   #6
AK797
2018 Pledge Member
 
AK797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Real Name: Neil
Location: UK
Watch: ing ships roll in
Posts: 48,704
Think the 42 should be fine, it has a small dial so wears quite compact as opposed to the PAM which will wear large.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 01:43 PM   #7
Hank
"TRF" Member
 
Hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman2k View Post
Here is mine compared to a speed master grey side.



Love the grey them you got going. Thanks for sharing!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 01:49 PM   #8
Hank
"TRF" Member
 
Hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
You need to try one but judging how the 42 looks (good) on you I personally think that the 44 could be too big but try it as only then will you know. The chrono pushers on the 44 are what makes the watch so imposing but if you can pull it off I'd recommend it as it's a great watch.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Thanks Ash. Your beautiful platinum ROO is what sparked the fire. As advised, I will go try one on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 01:51 PM   #9
Hank
"TRF" Member
 
Hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
I agree with Ash, that looking at how the diver fits you its most likely the 44 ROOs will be too big, as they do wear quite a bit larger. Only way is to try one, but I think you should be cautious. I have circa 7" wrist and I'd say that's pretty much the smallest you'll really get away with.


I hear ya. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 01:52 PM   #10
Hank
"TRF" Member
 
Hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 846
AP ROO 44mm wearability

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezinhk View Post
My left wrist is slightly above 6.5 and I feel is borderline though I do have option to wear on my right which is over 7.
I still have hope :)





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 02:33 PM   #11
ezinhk
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: hk
Posts: 476
Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I still have hope :)





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should be fine with 42 but I find that it wears smaller vs my Pam 662, so I chose 44. Matter of personal preference, you canít go wrong with either.
ezinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 03:15 PM   #12
VICI
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Real Name: Alex
Location: Gotham City
Watch: me zoom by
Posts: 5,590
A ROO on bracelet is not good for daily wearability. At some point, it will feel too heavy!

But the 44 in ceramic or Ti are very easy to wear.
VICI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 03:58 PM   #13
HK Islandboy
2018 Pledge Member
 
HK Islandboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Watch: AP
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICI View Post
A ROO on bracelet is not good for daily wearability. At some point, it will feel too heavy!

But the 44 in ceramic or Ti are very easy to wear.
I keep my Panda in steel in heavy rotation and donít have an issue with the weight (I did recently try the platinum 42 ROO...different story there...itís hugely heavy!)
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 04:02 PM   #14
HK Islandboy
2018 Pledge Member
 
HK Islandboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Watch: AP
Posts: 2,849
Have you considered an ROC ? They also have very good wrist presence , but aren’t as potentially overwhelming as an ROO
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2018, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.