ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 May 2023, 04:24 AM   #211
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkk View Post
But how much longer till you reply to Gareth?
Or Stephen, post # 26,

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=903293
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2023, 05:06 AM   #212
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
Haha, touché!

Maybe AP tried to get in touch with him to pick up his desired AP but he took too long to reply
Rickkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2023, 06:46 AM   #213
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Most of the quick money clowns that joined this forum during Covid seem to have left, unfortunately there are still one or two persistent stragglers though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to see the Covid era folks starting to dissipate for sure. Hopefully we can get back to talking about watches and not just values and such...
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE / AP 26574st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26331.or/ AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2023, 08:47 PM   #214
Rolexavidfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
The thing with AP is that they just have a dismal marketing approach. They are still selling watches today like they did in the early 2000ds with Arnold, but it’s no longer to draw people in, it’s only to be seen shoulder to shoulder with whatever flavor of the day celebrity has some street cred at any given time.

The approach of their AP houses is a rather demeaning concept in the first place, given where it locates the customer within the relationship.

The same is true of how they launch their watches.

And for the more volume oriented ones, also of how they make them.

It is saddening for sure as it remains a fantastic brand with some great products and great people.

But they have to fix a lot, from how their SAs deal with customers, to how they do allocations, to how they finish basic movements.

At this point, while it’s great of them to give Benahmias a proper sendoff, I‘m sure the family is looking forward to a new era. He has grown this brand significantly and had many achievements that deserve actual credit, but all too often, they have been overshadowed or, in the case of the 11.59 launch, completely voided, by hubris and a lack of basic „decency“ in addressing those that needed to be excluded to make things exclusive.

It’s fine if you cannot or do not want to sell everyone a watch. But perhaps treat everyone with enough respect regardless.

It’s fine if you completely mess up the launch of a new product line by putting your ego and desire for a „show of force“ in the way of how you could quite obviously have made this a success if you had released the uber complications first and waited a few years with the pedestrian movements. But perhaps don’t take that out on people forcing them to buy the thing you’ve made undesirable through your ineptitude, while making it more undesirable in the process.

It’s all so evidently displaying a lack of self assurance. An assurance btw that, ironically, the brand would have every right and reason to have. Especially if they fixed some what are, taken individually, minor issues and if they put a little more energy into making watches properly and a little less effort into desperately trying to look super exclusive while doing so.

Ultimately, if what we’ve seen publicly and at events is any indication, many of the problems may well be an expression of the CEO‘s personality. Hopefully it’s that, and not a broader culture.

With all that said, I genuinely appreciate the brand, have just spent the greatest amount of money I have ever spent on a watch for an AP and truly hope things change for the better over time. I‘m not trying to hate on the brand, I want it to do better, because it seems so damn easy in this case.

Very well said! AP is a great brand, and the outgoing CEO did a heck of job in bringing to where the brand is today. Relationship building is a tricky thing and the answers are not always the ideal one especially with many moving components - high demand, new SAs/RMs, exclusivity strategy, new product launches going beyond what was initially expected, etc. But a new era is fast approaching, hopefully better times ahead.

Go for the timepiece you love. You will save more. ...
Rolexavidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 10:13 PM   #215
WatchingAustin
"TRF" Member

Watch: iwatch
Good luck. AP only deals with celebs and rich people from China or oil countries. I know someone who has a few QP's, Codes, you name it, and they won't get him his next requested piece.
WatchingAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 10:15 PM   #216
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchingAustin View Post
Good luck. AP only deals with celebs and rich people from China or oil countries. I know someone who has a few QP's, Codes, you name it, and they won't get him his next requested piece.

Maybe AP decided that he’s been shown enough love?

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 10:29 PM   #217
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon5

Quote:

What did he request?
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 02:25 AM   #218
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There seem to be at least a few handful of counterexamples to your claim among the local TRF population (as well as your acquaintance).
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 04:38 AM   #219
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
There seem to be at least a few handful of counterexamples to your claim among the local TRF population (as well as your acquaintance).
I think he's just humble bragging since he hails from the biggest region of the biggest oil country. So his friend can't get it, but if you have Texas oil money, whooo weee....times are good.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 04:54 AM   #220
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
I think he's just humble bragging since he hails from the biggest region of the biggest oil country. So his friend can't get it, but if you have Texas oil money, whooo weee....times are good.
As a Texan, I wish I had that Texas oil money.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 02:01 AM   #221
WatchingAustin
"TRF" Member

Watch: iwatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Maybe AP decided that he’s been shown enough love?

I think it is more-so, AP USA seems to be favoring new clients while other countries still value their VIP's a great deal. I'd rather believe it is a business decision over something as subjective as 'being shown enough love'. On the world-stage it seems coincidental that certain pieces coalesce in specific regions or with specific people - likely by virtue of where AP allocates stock.

Regardless - it seems like AP is hit or miss. Some have stellar experiences, like those who walk in for the first time and are offered ROO's, while others do not. YMMV but I think that is why many leave the brand (or any brand) for others.
WatchingAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 02:29 PM   #222
Partpr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think it is more-so, AP USA seems to be favoring new clients while other countries still value their VIP's a great deal. I'd rather believe it is a business decision over something as subjective as 'being shown enough love'. On the world-stage it seems coincidental that certain pieces coalesce in specific regions or with specific people - likely by virtue of where AP allocates stock.

Regardless - it seems like AP is hit or miss. Some have stellar experiences, like those who walk in for the first time and are offered ROO's, while others do not. YMMV but I think that is why many leave the brand (or any brand) for others.
You never know. I’ve bought a Rolex on first visit, waited 2 years for an Overseas and picked up a RO on my first trip to the AP Boutique. I wish I had any idea how all these things worked!
Partpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 02:52 PM   #223
JettyOne
"TRF" Member

Closing my AP chapter

One thing for sure, AP is consistently inconsistent. That’s the exciting part…

what’s the fun in *knowing* you’ll get a hot piece? They are in this business for another 100 years. They can’t/won’t sell you every piece requested. You’ll be bored by year 4. Also, It’s way better when I get a hot piece and my boss doesn’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 02:53 PM   #224
JettyOne
"TRF" Member

Closing my AP chapter

First AP. First RO. I like the inconsistency.
JettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 12:54 AM   #225
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partpr View Post
You never know. I’ve bought a Rolex on first visit, waited 2 years for an Overseas and picked up a RO on my first trip to the AP Boutique. I wish I had any idea how all these things worked!
When did you get the RO?
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 06:37 AM   #226
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Very unwilling in the uk unless you have been referred by someone who already owns AP I feel. Think the Uk are a bit cold to new clients and happy to help current clients expanding there collection
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 07:19 AM   #227
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Very unwilling in the uk unless you have been referred by someone who already owns AP I feel. Think the Uk are a bit cold to new clients and happy to help current clients expanding there collection
Welcome back! You should become a magician. You’re so good at disappearing
Rickkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 08:15 AM   #228
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkk View Post
Welcome back! You should become a magician. You’re so good at disappearing
Why thank you Sir
Sorry I cant be online each and every day, Ive got a life to live
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 08:33 AM   #229