The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 1 June 2023, 06:37 PM   #1
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
AP in Canada

Just wondering if it’s safe to assume if you see an AP in the wild here in Canada, the owner most likely bought it grey? Have anyone here had success in buying from a non-local AP dealer? Or is it just a big waste of time.

As far as I know, there are no AP boutiques or authorized dealers in Canada, which is strange because where I live (Vancouver) we have 4 Rolex ADs, Richard Mille, Patek Philippe, but no AP.
dlddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 11:31 AM   #2
doze
"TRF" Member

No.
There used to be authorized dealers in Canada, last one that i know of was RDV (2019-2020ish). also had La Swiss (in QC long time ago) and probably one in BC. It's also possible that they bought theirs in the states from authorized dealers or AP boutiques.
doze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 01:07 PM   #3
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

A couple of years ago (?) there was a thread from one of your compatriots who managed to buy a RO in the NYC 5th Ave boutique, IIRC. Details are a bit hazy, too bad about the search function around here.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 05:11 PM   #4
DonLee
"TRF" Member

As a Canadian abroad, that's kind of shocking. I have a couple AP watches. That means when I move back, it'll be hard for me to service them
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 11:38 PM   #5
Benwah
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
As a Canadian abroad, that's kind of shocking. I have a couple AP watches. That means when I move back, it'll be hard for me to service them

You will be fine, Ottawa Swiss Watch is the authorized service center for AP in Canada. Just serviced mine a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Benwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 12:52 AM   #6
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Glad to know there's at least one place still in Canada that services them. I can't imagine that going away entirely, but do remember Royal De Versailles carrying them back in the day and La Swiss (never thought I would miss them, but surely do).

I'm looking forward to becoming an owner, the piece I want will be purchased pre-owned as it's discontinued, so I won't have issue with the lack of authorized dealers around.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 12:55 AM   #7
frankyd
"TRF" Member

As a Canadian, I have had success building a great relationship with the Las Vegas boutique. Friendly and knowledgeable staff!
frankyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 10:50 PM   #8
just1time
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
A couple of years ago (?) there was a thread from one of your compatriots who managed to buy a RO in the NYC 5th Ave boutique, IIRC. Details are a bit hazy, too bad about the search function around here.
This has to be me. I got my first and only AP from the NYC 5th Ave boutique.
Kind of weird that there is no AP boutique in all of Canada. but it is what it is.
just1time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2023, 01:45 AM   #9
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just1time View Post
This has to be me. I got my first and only AP from the NYC 5th Ave boutique.
Kind of weird that there is no AP boutique in all of Canada. but it is what it is.
Indeed
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2023, 04:03 AM   #10
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwah View Post
You will be fine, Ottawa Swiss Watch is the authorized service center for AP in Canada. Just serviced mine a few weeks ago.

Did you mail it in for service? Being in HK that I am in right now, everything I do, I just go to the boutique directly. Not a fan of expensive things through the mail, but i guess no choice sometimes
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2023, 11:58 PM   #11
Benwah
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
Did you mail it in for service? Being in HK that I am in right now, everything I do, I just go to the boutique directly. Not a fan of expensive things through the mail, but i guess no choice sometimes

I went to their location as I am in the area. You can ship to them as well.

Benwah is offline   Reply With Quote