The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 26 April 2023, 08:07 AM   #1
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Feedback wanted on the NTTD Seamaster

I'm re-thinking the NTTD Seamaster. The two things that have held me back until this point are all the bracelet negativity and the color way which is pretty close to faux patina, which I'm not all that into but I do think it's exaggerated in all the AD/Boutique lighting.

My questions for those in the know are, would the smaller size bracelet solve the problem (my AD's recommendation) and what are your thoughts as owners or former owners on the "faux patina." Is that a mischaracterization? Is it a color of its own in your opinion when the watch is out in the wild?

Feedback appreciated.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2023, 08:41 AM   #2
Trogster
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
I can't find any fault with the watch... It's also a world class strap-monster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bond 007_Gat2r.jpg (271.3 KB, 488 views)
Trogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2023, 08:44 AM   #3
JTL31
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

That combination looks fantastic @Trogster!
JTL31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2023, 08:49 AM   #4
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Heard the criticism. Don't see it personally, I love the watch.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2023, 09:52 AM   #5
CK19
"TRF" Member

Went with NTTD on bracelet, wrist size is about 6.75mm. No issues at all, took a day or two to get used to it, I think i wear mine on the 2nd smallest section, so probably right at the threshold of the smaller bracelet. Absolutely love this watch, my OP39 and 5 dig Exp 2 have been rarely worn since. Possibly will grab the nato strap eventually.
CK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2023, 12:25 PM   #6
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I am not a fan of the bracelet, at all. I moved it along. The way it folds over itself and creates all that bulk was less than optimal for me
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2023, 02:49 PM   #7
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
Feedback wanted on the NTTD Seamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonovox View Post
My questions for those in the know are, would the smaller size bracelet solve the problem (my AD's recommendation)

Feedback appreciated.
What bracelet problem is that? Are you referring to the fit which lies in between two holes? If so, then no — the short version won’t help, as the holes are in the same position on the short BA long bracelet (so far as I’m aware).

If you’re referring to the old BA new endlink design, then the meshes are the same length and the holes are in the same position (see: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPRB0vO...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=)

However, I have owned the NTTD and I found it a fantastic watch — my reason for selling it was the lack of functionality (no date, no second time zone, and so forth). In fact, apart from the brown dial (which I adore) the mesh is the very best part of it. It’s profoundly comfortable, flexible, stunning, and very distinctive — so much so I am considering buying the SS version for my 2234.50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
shedlock2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2023, 05:42 AM   #8
shalako
"TRF" Member

I used to own the NTTD, there was plenty I liked about it but plenty I didn’t, I could never get the bracelet to fit correctly and I’m not a fan of NATO straps, I also didn’t feel like the grade 2 titanium Omega use on this model felt the highest of quality so I ultimately sold it.
Instead I bought the Ceramic version which uses grade 5 titanium which combines beautifully with the ceramic case, I also prefer the 43.5mm size, it can also be bought for considerably less money but IMHO is a considerably better watch.

shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 09:43 AM   #9
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

I have it on the bracelet, and I love it, no issues whatsoever! As a matter of fact, the bracelet makes the watch pops! I love the dial and bezel color. It spends the most time on my wrist out of three (blue, great white and NTTD).
I didn’t listen to all negative comments regarding the clasp, went for it and never looked back.
One pretty happy owner.
Good luck!
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 09:53 PM   #10
jagwap
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC IW389001
I'll join the fans. It is light, low key and comfortable.

I don't want the 007 association, but it is not signalled at all except to those in the know.

Also I like the Seamaster 300M diver, but this is slimmer, lighter and different. The titanium makes it less bling, and bracelet (if it fits you, and it does) suits it better than the 7(?0 link one I think.
jagwap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2023, 10:36 PM   #11
chro.nic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogster View Post
That's a great looking strap.
Fits the look of the watch well!!

.nic
chro.nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2023, 01:53 AM   #12
Trogster
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by chro.nic View Post
That's a great looking strap.
Fits the look of the watch well!!

.nic
Combat Straps out of Montreal. Aaron does fantastic work!

https://www.aaronbespoke.com/

Trogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2023, 02:13 AM   #13
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogster View Post
Another
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2023, 06:10 AM   #14
Navin Johnson
"TRF" Member

It’s a great watch, but the bracelet does not fit the best on my wrist. That’s probably the only negative I can think of. The color of the titanium is darker and has slightly less shine than the stainless steel of my Sub, but I like it because it doesn’t attract too much attention. The color of the bezel, dial and markers all come together like a work of art. I don’t think this is a bad vintage faux patina attempt but rather a subdued tropical color scheme that just works. I also find myself comparing the looks of this watch to the Tudor BB58 with the black bezel. IMO the NTTD is a great watch and will be a classic.
Navin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2023, 07:15 AM   #15
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
If you have a smaller wrist order the small size bracelet. It makes a world of a difference. The dial is beautiful, its this warm brown. The faux patina is really well done. I think its a very unique color combination that is unmistakeable Omega. The titanium makes the watch feel very very lightweight. Its shockingly light, in the best way. The watch overall is very well done in all aspects. Its a conversation piece. Nothing else compares to it. Putting money aside I think this is one of my favorite watches. If you like rare unique watches. Rare meaning no other brand makes anything even close to this. You will love it. My favorite asthetic is the brownish dial and faux patina hour indicators. The domed crystal adds this extra asthetic of uniqueness. Funny enough, I had the opportunity to buy this watch at a decent price. But I didnt , because I'm in the process of buying another watch. I'd probably be adding this to my collection at some point.
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2023, 10:37 AM   #16
Kreyzhorse
"TRF" Member

Watch: "05" Air-King
I think the bracelet is amazing. Never had an issue getting a good fit. Also the thickness of the clasp was never an issue for me.

Love the colors as well. I understand the faux lume, but I think the colors look amazing together. Only complaint is that they can be hard to distinguish.

The weight is amazing and it's an incredible watch... usually wear it twice a week.
Kreyzhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2023, 11:39 PM   #17
Cassidyanne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonovox View Post
I'm re-thinking the NTTD Seamaster. The two things that have held me back until this point are all the bracelet negativity and the color way which is pretty close to faux patina, which I'm not all that into but I do think it's exaggerated in all the AD/Boutique lighting.

My questions for those in the know are, would the smaller size bracelet solve the problem (my AD's recommendation) and what are your thoughts as owners or former owners on the "faux patina." Is that a mischaracterization? Is it a color of its own in your opinion when the watch is out in the wild?

Feedback appreciated.
I had this watch when it first came out, love the look and style however, the Milanese bracelet was a real problem for my 6.75 inch wrist. I sold the watch before the new/smaller bracelet came out, so can’t speak to that. When I did inquire about it later on, I was told That they would not ship the watch with the smaller bracelet, but it would be an additional charge on top of the watch with the standard bracelet. That sucks if true.

If your wrist is bigger than 7 inches, you’ll be fine. A great looking, every day watch to wear and enjoy.
Cassidyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2023, 01:47 AM   #18
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidyanne View Post
When I did inquire about it later on, I was told That they would not ship the watch with the smaller bracelet, but it would be an additional charge on top of the watch with the standard bracelet. That sucks if true.
My Omega Boutique said they'll swap out standard for short or long bracelet for free as long as you purchased the watch from them and the standard is unworn.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2023, 06:15 AM   #19
Cassidyanne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
My Omega Boutique said they'll swap out standard for short or long bracelet for free as long as you purchased the watch from them and the standard is unworn.
That’s great news!! Of course, I inquired quite a long time ago, when the smaller bracelet was first released.

I understand there is also an XL bracelet ow available
Cassidyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2023, 04:30 PM   #20
alllexandru
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I don't own one but tried couple of times, I can only say that it is a real treat in the flesh and no photo makes justice to the watch when on your wrist.
Great piece!
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote