The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 June 2023, 04:30 PM   #31
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
Unless I am reading the OP incorrectly, I'd say sell whenever he would like. The only reason not to sell is to preserve the "relationship" which seems pointless if the two watches the OP wants aren't obtainable.
I would tend to agree. What relationship is there if you barely got a ROC or ROO you don’t like, because your SA said “no jumbo or 15500St for you!”

If you get denied the watch you really want and need to settle to a 30k$ item you didn’t want, then for me there is no relationship and you can flip away.
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 09:38 PM   #32
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Ah, I didn’t think anything horological could happen in UAE without going through seddiqi.
Regardless, as far as selling pieces without threatening the relationship with one’s boutique, I learned something interesting from the SA that actually reminded me of Commandopat’s story in Japan. The SA was telling a story where they explained to a client that if he was planning to sell a piece they’d allocated to him then he should speak to them about it because an SA can make a notation in their record, as opposed to the SA getting notified that there’s been a change in ownership (per warranty registration) to the surprise of the SA. Commandopat did the same and his SA actually appreciated the fact he was frank and discussed it with her. So, for those who find themselves needing to sell, it is worth letting your SA know in order to preserve the relationship as much as possible.
Hope that helps someone.
That said, I was still advised not to sell prior to the 2 year mark. No idea if she placed a note in my record about the fact I considered it. I guess we’ll see!
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote