The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 June 2020, 09:51 AM   #91
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
"Most collectors on here think purchase history is over riding factor in getting an in demand piece. I think it helps a lot, but definitely not the most important thing, I think they look at loyalty, passion for the brand, characteristics of the person and if he fits the profile or not, sometimes even what do you do for living and who you associate with could be considered."

I think the issue in this topic is not that people think spend history is the over-riding factor, its definately not the most important factor and the boutique staff and manager have made this clear to me. However is it an irrelevant factor? no, its one of a handful of other factors, including passion for the brand, loyalty and all that.

I think the frustration overriding in this thread is the "inconsistency" of how things are applied. Like I said, I have demonstrated "Passion" = being invited to many events by AP, attending ALL of them, making contacts, including not people just in sales but people in museums, exchanging ideas, thoughts and speaking to them on email and Whatsapp, first name basis etc.
"Knowledge" = I know the specs of the calibers, not just APs, but of other brands, speak about the industry and even hold a qualification for watchmaking! "Profile" = I work for a major tech company and im in my 30s (if they were looking for "younger" professionals etc. AND finally "Spend history/loyalty" over 120K in purchases of AP watches DIRECT from boutique.

Then after all that, a guy just "calls a bunch of boutiques" and then gets one....Imhappy for him that he got it, dun get me wrong, im just frustrated.
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 11:23 AM   #92
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
All I know is it's a fantastic piece and I'd love to pick one up. Crossing my fingers on the next 12 months!
Old 4 June 2020, 11:02 PM   #93
Dopeboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
All I know is it's a fantastic piece and I'd love to pick one up. Crossing my fingers on the next 12 months!
I still want the 15500or that you picked up.
Dopeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 06:54 AM   #94
Dopeboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
"Most collectors on here think purchase history is over riding factor in getting an in demand piece. I think it helps a lot, but definitely not the most important thing, I think they look at loyalty, passion for the brand, characteristics of the person and if he fits the profile or not, sometimes even what do you do for living and who you associate with could be considered."

I think the issue in this topic is not that people think spend history is the over-riding factor, its definately not the most important factor and the boutique staff and manager have made this clear to me. However is it an irrelevant factor? no, its one of a handful of other factors, including passion for the brand, loyalty and all that.

I think the frustration overriding in this thread is the "inconsistency" of how things are applied. Like I said, I have demonstrated "Passion" = being invited to many events by AP, attending ALL of them, making contacts, including not people just in sales but people in museums, exchanging ideas, thoughts and speaking to them on email and Whatsapp, first name basis etc.
"Knowledge" = I know the specs of the calibers, not just APs, but of other brands, speak about the industry and even hold a qualification for watchmaking! "Profile" = I work for a major tech company and im in my 30s (if they were looking for "younger" professionals etc. AND finally "Spend history/loyalty" over 120K in purchases of AP watches DIRECT from boutique.

Then after all that, a guy just "calls a bunch of boutiques" and then gets one....Imhappy for him that he got it, dun get me wrong, im just frustrated.
I don't think you should believe that guys videos, theres a lot of sketchy details and only causes frustration for people like us who know it's not the truth. You'll get the watch, just be patient.
Dopeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 07:39 PM   #95
GS93108
"TRF" Member

My first experience with AP wasn't great, but I learned that wasn't AP's fault, it was the AD, but I vicariously held AP to account.

In fact, it was my 'ill-will' toward AP from that one experience (not their products) that was the genesis for my current relationship with AP directly. If it hadn't been for AP London 'fixing' me and repairing my attitude then I doubt I'd have cared too much about AP anymore. As such, a new relationship was built for me with AP.

I'm not a vip, but I really appreciate the exceptional experience that AP affords me. Events, dropping in for a coffee, and even recently during lockdown, just to receive a call for a chat.

I'm an AP advocate and won't hear anything bad about them, I'm also a hypocrite.

Ultimately, what we all have to remember is that there is no empirical system that defines what is allocated and to whom. At the end of the day every situation is unique.

I'm on the list for a 15407 but to be honest, if it were offered to me today I'd pass. I wanted it desperately when I first saw it, but now I want a ceramic version. Thus, I'm not a customer just for the sake of being a customer. I want only what I want.

Build your relationships, be kind, be polite, be worthy...but be patient. Good luck.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 07:49 PM   #96
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
My first experience with AP wasn't great, but I learned that wasn't AP's fault, it was the AD, but I vicariously held AP to account.

In fact, it was my 'ill-will' toward AP from that one experience (not their products) that was the genesis for my current relationship with AP directly. If it hadn't been for AP London 'fixing' me and repairing my attitude then I doubt I'd have cared too much about AP anymore. As such, a new relationship was built for me with AP.

I'm not a vip, but I really appreciate the exceptional experience that AP affords me. Events, dropping in for a coffee, and even recently during lockdown, just to receive a call for a chat.

I'm an AP advocate and won't hear anything bad about them, I'm also a hypocrite.

Ultimately, what we all have to remember is that there is no empirical system that defines what is allocated and to whom. At the end of the day every situation is unique.

I'm on the list for a 15407 but to be honest, if it were offered to me today I'd pass. I wanted it desperately when I first saw it, but now I want a ceramic version. Thus, I'm not a customer just for the sake of being a customer. I want only what I want.

Build your relationships, be kind, be polite, be worthy...but be patient. Good luck.

Did you just indirectly say / reveal there “might” be a 15407CE ??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eiesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 07:51 PM   #97
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:

Gary I didn’t realise you were after a ceramic openworked, it’s a lovely watch but the associated ‘wife tax’ would be horrendous.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 07:58 PM   #98
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiesh View Post
Did you just indirectly say / reveal there “might” be a 15407CE ??????

Was supposed to happen this year who knows now with COVID. There should be a couple new 37mm openworked variants too but again, it’s all been thrown off with COVID
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 08:06 PM   #99
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Ash, if I get one I doubt I'll ever want another watch. Thus, I may be front loading the wife tax, but there won't be any more to pay for a long long time. It may save me money in the long run :)

eiesh, 15407CE is a 'rumour' but nevertheless I have asked for one.
Old 5 June 2020, 08:23 PM   #100
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ash, if I get one I doubt I'll ever want another watch. Thus, I may be front loading the wife tax, but there won't be any more to pay for a long long time. It may save me money in the long run :)

eiesh, 15407CE is a 'rumour' but nevertheless I have asked for one.

15407CE will be amazing but I think priced like the pink gold version. Found some photoshop pics by TRFers for everyone’s imagination and viewing pleasure

Old 5 June 2020, 08:35 PM   #101
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
Was supposed to happen this year who knows now with COVID. There should be a couple new 37mm openworked variants too but again, it’s all been thrown off with COVID

I hope the new 37mm variants have slate grey openworked dials and not the rhodium-toned dial and in Steel (15467ST)

Old 6 June 2020, 12:34 AM   #102
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:

Very nicely said...and something that I know I must remind myself. Impatience is my Achilles' heal...
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 12:43 AM   #103
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
Very nicely said...and something that I know I must remind myself. Impatience is my Achilles' heal...
Surely you must have acquired some patience, you've just scratched an itch, that'll tide you over for a little while.

I'm not blessed with patience either, but I'm good at distracting myself, so time tends to pass quicker that way, its only when I'm led astray on here, that my 'wants' start to invade my thoughts again...bad bad forum.
Old 6 June 2020, 06:51 PM   #104
ragsk
Banned

Think some of you guys are being a little hard on LWC.

He is passionate about watches and I enjoy his videos. If he says he bought them at retail, I have no reason to doubt him. In fact in some of his Rolex videos he went to the Harrods (?) boutique to pick them up.

I got the 15407 as my third AP. As I said before I know of people who have got it even quicker in terms of number of watches bought. LWC strikes me as a very persistent individual so it likely is the case that he bought it directly from a boutique.

Either way good luck to all on your 15407ST acquisition endeavours !
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 08:10 PM   #105
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsk View Post
Think some of you guys are being a little hard on LWC.
Agree.
Old 6 June 2020, 09:55 PM   #106
eiesh
"TRF" Member

I just watched LWC unboxing video of his newly acquired 15470ST and I didn’t see anything sketchy with it. There are currently 7 variants of the openworked and rumor has it more will be added. I think we should all brace ourselves for more frustration because it will get more difficult

Old 8 June 2020, 09:51 AM   #107
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Im very happy for LWC as I've stated numerous times :) He has a great collection and has passion. My gripe is with AP who isnt excersizing any consistency when it comes to allocating or "rewarding" or whatever they wanna call it. But oh well, we live in volatile times and everyone has other things to worry about for sure.

Again, congrats LWC on an amazing acquisition.
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

Old 8 June 2020, 10:21 AM   #108
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
Im very happy for LWC as I've stated numerous times :) He has a great collection and has passion. My gripe is with AP who isnt excersizing any consistency when it comes to allocating or "rewarding" or whatever they wanna call it. But oh well, we live in volatile times and everyone has other things to worry about for sure.

Again, congrats LWC on an amazing acquisition.

Did you have anything with getting lwc banned

Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2020, 06:50 PM   #109
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collector2019 View Post
Did you have anything with getting lwc banned

Why would i? Look at my posts, Ive always congratulated him. I dont have any ill feelings towards him, but perhaps a dose of jealousy. My gripe is with AP.