The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 10 January 2022, 07:29 AM   #1
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Dietrich SD-1

New year and a new watch…this time a small independent brand.

I saw this watch last year at one of the websites. Really like the sapphire dial, bezel and crown. I thought the slightly smaller case size of 38.5mm and 46mm lug to lug would fit my smaller wrist size, so decided to buy one for east fun west. Unfortunately, I missed the chance to buy the blue, which was initially what I wanted, but Dietrich came out with a green version that looks great in picture. Finally received it at the beginning of the year and here are some quick thoughts:

- The sapphire bezel and crown works well with the dark green, and the results were even better than I expected. The sapphire with superluminova printed indexes looks cool. I’m glad the hexagon features on the bezel is very modest cause I think it would have ruin the design.

- The dial is a little mixed. The effect of the sapphire sandwich looks great especially under the Sun, and I really like the balanced design with the date window a 6 O’clock. However, I thought center white is too white creating too much of a contrast with the green, resulting in it looking a little artificial. Would have prefer light green and the entire execution a little darker.

- The rest of the case design looks pretty standard, no complains but I wish it had a little more design in the case back like other small independent brand. The case looks kind of like a Rolex or Tudor case. I guess that’s why I like it????

- It comes with a bracelet and a rubber strap, with quick release pins. The hexagon bracelet is very well made and feel solid. I didn’t have time to size it but I will definitely use it down the road. The rubber straps fits well.

Overall, happy with this new watch. Here are some pictures.
Old 10 January 2022, 08:46 AM   #2
jed11
"TRF" Member

I'm digging this...very cool.
jed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2022, 11:35 AM   #3
1968scode
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ♛ 116710LN
Very cool…congrats!
1968scode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2022, 03:25 AM   #4
smalleq
"TRF" Member

I've had the same one for a couple weeks now. I have similar thoughts on the color fade of the dial. I wish it stopped at light green and not all the way to white, but it's still pretty neat. I've been wearing mine on a grey NATO.
smalleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2023, 02:43 AM   #5
buddenfan
Banned

Op your SD1 diver dial is incredible the best of that line
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2023, 03:32 AM   #6
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Thanks Buddenfan.

I’ve been enjoying it and it’s an easy wear. The only problem is that it runs fast, like 20-30 sec per day. I know I can have a watchmaker adjusts it but just has been lazy and therefore don’t wear it so much. Emmanuel has been kind of checked out and seeing that the SD2 is still available I think it has not been a commercial success for him. I have to say though SD1 is nicer than SD2 with the sapphire bezel, sapphire dial, the date window (I need that) and the bracelet/strap combo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_6518.jpeg (176.8 KB, 72 views)
Old 25 December 2023, 08:59 AM   #7
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaster View Post
Thanks Buddenfan.

I’ve been enjoying it and it’s an easy wear. The only problem is that it runs fast, like 20-30 sec per day. I know I can have a watchmaker adjusts it but just has been lazy and therefore don’t wear it so much. Emmanuel has been kind of checked out and seeing that the SD2 is still available I think it has not been a commercial success for him. I have to say though SD1 is nicer than SD2 with the sapphire bezel, sapphire dial, the date window (I need that) and the bracelet/strap combo.
Spoke with Emmanuel over IG he says hes cooking a new watch

I also want to get the DD1 as it looks great
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_9005.jpeg (84.1 KB, 53 views)
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2023, 12:46 PM   #8
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
Spoke with Emmanuel over IG he says hes cooking a new watch

I also want to get the DD1 as it looks great
Just replied to your other thread. Awesome, I'm glad he's back. I know he was helping Löbner, but I'm glad to hear he's working on some of his own stuff again.

I temporarily owned the DD1 but it was far too large for my 6.75" wrist
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote