The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 28 July 2009, 01:26 AM   #1
Brushpup
"TRF" Member

Watch: what I'm wearing
Watch Chest (Chris Wiley) on ebay 100% AAA+

I just thought I would let everyone know I had a great experience with this seller last week. The guy is a stand up guy in every way. If he has a deal you want don't hesitate. He was beyond fair with me and paid overnight delivery on both ends including a Saturday so I wouldn't have to wait. I already had my watch checked out and still can't believe the deal I got. He said I wouldn't believe the deal until it was done and he was right. He is also moving to sales on his own internet site and has a B&M store in MO.

Just so you know...

Patrick

PClub # 10
The safest place for your watch is on your wrist.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2009, 02:23 AM   #2
ekovan1
"TRF" Member

What did you get?

Eric K.
ekovan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2009, 06:12 AM   #3
Brushpup
"TRF" Member

A Very nice DJ.

PClub # 10
Old 28 July 2009, 06:38 AM   #4
ekovan1
"TRF" Member

I was also looking at a couple of datejust he had and emailed him a couple questions through ebay. He never responded back, so I just thought I would write him off. However, maybe I will try again since you had a good experience.
ekovan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2009, 08:42 AM   #5
Brushpup
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekovan1 View Post
I was also looking at a couple of datejust he had and emailed him a couple questions through ebay. He never responded back, so I just thought I would write him off. However, maybe I will try again since you had a good experience.
Call him, he spent way more time with me on the phone than I would have imagined.

PClub # 10
Old 29 July 2009, 01:46 PM   #6
Finley
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
I had some conversations with him, as well...really nice guy.
Old 22 September 2009, 08:10 AM   #7
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

I was purchasing a TT DJ with white diamond dial and Chris was patient on the phone and I had a good experience...
Old 2 December 2009, 08:21 PM   #8
dmc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMTIIC
This is good to hear!

I'm seriously looking at some of his inventory at the moment. He says he offers a 3 year warranty on the watches he sells, so I would have to assume that he has them serviced while his watchmaker is inspecting them. Or is that wishful thinking?

The prices seem pretty competitive, I might take a chance on thios guy.
dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2009, 01:42 AM   #9
Warnsboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
I had a watch serviced and refinished at his shop in MO. The price was great includeds a warranty and the watch looks and runs as new.
Warnsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2010, 01:21 AM   #10
bfisher690
"TRF" Member

Same experience!

Just bought a "D" Sub from him and got overnight shipping and a perfect Rolex.

He was a gentleman and so easy to deal with.

My first Rolex!

Brian
bfisher690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2011, 11:59 PM   #11
XXBogey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yacht Master T/T
Icon7 Another Great Experience...Watch Chest

Wanted to let the Forum know about my GREAT Watch Chest experience. In less than a week and during one of the worst blizzards of the season,Chris Wiley was able to process my '83 Datejust Two Tone as a trade-in on a preowned Yacht Master Mid Size. Chris covered the shipments both ways and last thursday I became the owner of a "Like New" Yacht Master with a three year warranty. Chris really hit a Home Run on this transaction!
Thanks!!
XXBogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2011, 03:43 AM   #12
Rolex_Rolex
"TRF" Member

I decided to buy DJ ladies from him through his ebay store, emailed him yesterday but haven't respond yet. I'll check tomorrow and let you know guys about my experience.
Rolex_Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2011, 07:30 AM   #13
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex_Rolex View Post
I decided to buy DJ ladies from him through his ebay store, emailed him yesterday but haven't respond yet. I'll check tomorrow and let you know guys about my experience.
Wait til Monday, he'll reply

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2012, 11:46 AM   #14
brutus123

Watch: Ladies President
Icon14 Five Star pre-owned Rolex's - Watch Chest is the BEST!!!

I cannot say enough about the incredible customer service from Kristen to Chris Wiley!! Professional, courteous, and they go above and beyond to help you find the dream Rolex you want - I had several lengthy discussions with Kristen & Chris and they were AWESOME!!

Now for the watch (the watch is a Ladies President, solid 18kt, string diamond dial with cartouche bezel) WOW - it is OVER THE TOP!!! The Rolex is in absolutely pristine condition - no one would ever know it is pre-owned - It is perfect and stunning! If you are considering a high quality, pre-owned, GENUINE Rolex THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO SHOP!!! Many thanks to Kristen, Chris, & the entire Watch Chest team - a step above all others!!! As good as it gets.............5 stars

I will definitely shop with Watch Chest again

Linda
brutus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2012, 12:53 PM   #15
Johnnybonkel
Banned

Watch: GOLD PRESIDENT Mop
agreed...I spent 23k with then this week they were the best!
everything went superbly!
Johnnybonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2012, 11:15 AM   #16
brutus123

Nice watch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnybonkel View Post
agreed...I spent 23k with then this week they were the best!
everything went superbly!

John,
I'm trying to add a video (YouTube) clip of my watch to my profile - like yours - help?! I'm new to RF and cannot find this "how to" anywhere?!?! Thanks

Love your watch - wasn't Watch Chest GREAT??

Linda
Old 13 February 2012, 11:33 AM   #17
brutus123

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus123 View Post
I cannot say enough about the incredible customer service from Kristen to Chris Wiley!! Professional, courteous, and they go above and beyond to help you find the dream Rolex you want - I had several lengthy discussions with Kristen & Chris and they were AWESOME!!

Now for the watch (the watch is a Ladies President, solid 18kt, string diamond dial with cartouche bezel) WOW - it is OVER THE TOP!!! The Rolex is in absolutely pristine condition - no one would ever know it is pre-owned - It is perfect and stunning! If you are considering a high quality, pre-owned, GENUINE Rolex THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO SHOP!!! Many thanks to Kristen, Chris, & the entire Watch Chest team - a step above all others!!! As good as it gets.............5 stars

I will definitely shop with Watch Chest again

Linda

My new Rolex - purchased through Watch chest! AWESOME!!

How do I post this with my profile???
Old 19 February 2012, 09:48 AM   #18
kellidaily
"TRF" Member

Rolex Purchase on ebay

I purchased a Rolex Datejust watch on ebay from Watch Chest. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call later that day, from the daughter of the owner, Chris Wiley (who works for him), to simply say congratulations on my purchase and to ask if I had any questions. I also spoke with Chris who was kind enough to ensure that the shipping of my watch was expedited. When I received the Rolex watch, I was so pleased with the condition -- absolutely beautiful, pristine! It came in a lovely box, with a 3-year warranty and an appraisal. Watch Chest provided the kind of excellent customer service that has, it seems, been lost over the years. Without hesitation, I would recommend Watch Chest.
kellidaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2012, 12:57 PM   #19
brutus123

Trying to post a picture or YouTube video of my Rolex - new at this! It's a beautiful watch from Watch Chest , LLC.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwaVn...e_gdata_player[yt]

Let's see if this works!
Old 3 March 2012, 12:59 AM   #20
monsterbuck21
"TRF" Member

I purchased a Yacht-Master from the Watch Chest last week. What an experience! Chris walked me through my selection and gained my trust. When I received the watch I was impressed. Not only with the like new condition of the watch but the free overnight shipping. Add that to his 3-year warranty and it all adds up to a first class operation. I would certainly recommend Watch Chest.
monsterbuck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2012, 02:40 AM   #21
brutus123

Just an FYI on posting pictures/avatars - if you are trying to do this from your iPad 2 it won't give you the option of loading a picture - it will only allow for posting a URL. Simple fix - just go to your other MAC computer - I had to be logged in on my MacBook Pro before it would give me the option to select a picture. Hope this helps!
Old 31 March 2012, 01:26 PM   #22
shopgirl
"TRF" Member

I need to chime in to give Watch Chest my highest recommendation

I have to chime in with the highest praise for Chris and Watch Chest. My beautiful Rolex 79174 MOP (gift from my husband) was stolen, and all I could think about was replacing it despite the financial pain it would cause. I found what looked like the exact same style on watchchest.com, and when I called to get details, Chris called me right back. He spent time on the phone with me and not only answered all my questions about the watch, but also gave me some valuable perspective that helped me feel better about the whole situation. He called to confirm the shipping and when I wanted to receive the watch, and when I received it (overnight), it was in pristine, beautiful condition. He turned what was a painful experience into a really positive one, and it is also clear he's a really good guy and takes the care to do the best for his customers. I would love to visit his store in Branson if I'm ever there. Here is the thank you email I wrote him:

" Hi Chris,

I received my watch yesterday and wanted to tell you how happy it made me to open the box and see "my" watch again. It's beautiful, and is so exactly like my watch that was stolen (though, admittedly, cleaner and shinier!), that I'm sure the theft of my original watch will soon be a passing memory.

I also want to say how wonderful it was working with you and getting your help on the phone, as well as your sage advice. I wish you all the best, and I'm happy I stumbled upon your business!"
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2012, 01:21 PM   #23
Higeye
"TRF" Member

Top notch rolex dealer!!!

I recently purchased a Rolex 2-Tone 18K/SS DateJust from Chris at Watch Chest LLC for my son's college graduation. I have one just like it I bought from Rolex 28 years ago and last year had it serviced at Rolex N.Y. When I got it back it looked brand new. The watch I purchased from Chris at Watch Chest looks as new or better than mine! What I like is that Chris has a Rolex trained watchmaker, and it shows, his watches are perfect, pristine, and everything is 100% genuine Rolex! Chris is a straight shooter, honest, knowledgeable, has top notch professionals working for him, and goes above and beyond to please his customers. This is a rarity these days! His service department is equal only to Rolex USA and much nicer and faster to deal with. He definitely has my business from now on!
Higeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2012, 01:01 PM   #24
terry australia
"TRF" Member

I wanted to buy a watch for my wife who was retiring after 32 years teaching. I spent a few weeks looking at second hand watches on the internet. I am not used to such purchasing method so 'googled' reviews. The Rolex Forum posted good references for Watch Chest so I contacted them. Chris Wiley sent helpful replies to my questions. After a couple of days I decided to go ahead with a purchase but my next two e-mails got lost in the 'ether'.
Had I not read the Rolex Forum reviews I might have got cold feet at this stage. I also realised that Watch Chest must receive dozens of "tyre kicker" e-mails every day and it would be easy to lose one so I sent a third e-mail. Chris replied with an apology and a good deal. From then on my e-mails were answered promptly (that is promptly as the time difference between USA and Australia allowed! ).
I sent payment by telegraphic transfer, another first for me, and was told by my bank that it takes 3 days. In an era of electronic fund transfer I did not understand this delay and the bank explanation was not convincing.
Chris notified me on 8 June that my wire cleared and the Datejust arrived on 12 June. From Branson USA to Sydney Australia in four days was pretty efficient.
The watch was all one could wish for and more than one could reasonably hope for. My wife has a beautiful watch, one that otherwise I could not have afforded. I am glad that I ignored the minor hiccoughs of missed e-mail and persisted because the reward is worth it.
Would I recommend Watch Chest or deal with them again? Yes, without hesitation.
I would encourage the older generation (as a member!) to try using the internet, AFTER checking reviews, to search for better deals.
The Rolex Forum was instrumental in my decision to deal with Watch Chest so I am thankful for the members contributions which have resulted in a very satisfactory experience.
terry australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2012, 02:13 AM   #25
SHM3
"TRF" Member

Flawless Transaction!

After reading reviews and much research here on TRF, I decided to go with a Datejust 116234 for my first Rolex. I called Kristen at Watch Chest, told her what I was looking for and she emailed me right away with a few options. She was extremely helpful and knowledgable and made my decision easy. I got a great deal on a magnificent watch-condition is amazing.

SHM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2012, 12:37 AM   #26
paultoleary
"TRF" Member

Ok so I have to write something to add to this... thread:

I purchased a D Series (16613) two tone Submariner from Watch Chest last week and wanted to give a write up of my experience. I had read about Watch Chest on these forums here and there and came across their ebay store while window shopping. While I have to say that my initial 3 emails went unread, this did not worry me in the slightest having done my homework on these guys and it was understandable they were busy. I spoke with Kristen Wiley, daughter of Chris Wiley on the telephone and she was just so helpful. She definitely went above and beyond my expectations when it came to communication, dozens of emails - some even past midnight and at 7am EST and several phone calls to get it done.

These guys really are the best, they are more knowledgeable than the AD and give much better customer service. I even had a couple of phone calls from Chris who helped alleviate my fears of buying preowned (preloved?) and to explain more about how they do business. I would tell anyone in the market for a Rolex, to go and buy a watch from them and get a better service and better deal than at the Authorized Dealer. They definitely stand by their product with the 3 year warranty and are there to help their customers. Just imagine for a moment the best customer service you have ever had or could ever get and they go one step beyond that!

My only point to make new customers of theirs aware is that they will only ship for new customers to the address on a customers credit card, no other address - to your office for instance - so keep that in mind when you order! However, this small hiccup - which is for everyone's protection - aside, shipping was overnight and so extremely fast! :-)

My new watch is beautiful...better than new!

Chris & Kristen, if you read this you have a very happy customer in me who will be happy to purchase again in the future! :-)
paultoleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2012, 05:57 AM   #27
star girl
"TRF" Member

Icon7 Highly recommend!!!!!

I received my pristine Gold President last week and I could not be more ecstatic!!! The watch was a 50th birthday gift from my husband and Watch Chest made it all possible!! I was so leery of doing business online for such an expensive item given all the fake sites out there. Kristen, you are amazing to go above & beyond to help us find a PERFECT fit! The watch is stunning, and doing business with your firm was a joy!!! I loved fact you respected our price range and really worked hard to find exactly what we wanted. Watch Chest had our Rolex business for life! Buying from someone you trust and wants to make you happy is a rare thing in today's market. Thank you for being fair & honest with your customers. Can't say it enough -- these guys were wondeful to do business with and delivered an immaculate dream Rolex!! Plan on enjoying it for many years to come. Thank you!!!! It's a great experience to buy from people who work hard to earn your trust online given so many untrustworthy merchants!
PS. We have two teenagers that think money grows on trees so my husband lied and said the watch was fake. Our 16 year took one look at it and said, "that sure looks REAL to me!". At which point my husband winked at me & smiled! From the mouth of babes truth....
star girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2012, 10:54 PM   #28
star girl
"TRF" Member

I wanted to add ... My Gold President from Watch Chest looks BRAND NEW though it's pre-owned you'd never know it! It is truly IMMACULATE and YES there is a difference when you wear a REAL Rolex. The look, feel, shine, design and beauty of a Rolex is second to none. Pre-owned is the way to go! I'm so glad I discovered Watch Chest. Like I said before, Watch Chest will my first & last choice to buy a Rolex from in future!!!!! With a 3 year warranty and their own service guy in house, it's a non brainier. Yes, I loved giving my business to these guys. They are that exceptional ...on price, value, authenticity, customer service & willingness to stand 100% behind their product. Wishing you much continued success!!! Gladly look forward to doing business with you again soon!!
star girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2012, 03:46 AM   #29
TeeMan
"TRF" Member

Just bought a SS Oysterquartz (17000) from Watch Chest and I must say that I got super-friendly, convincing service straight from the beginning from Chris Wiley - which made my mind to buy my first Rolex online. And I´m very glad I did!
The watch is like brand new (circa 1994), serviced and was even set to my timezone when arrived (small detail perhaps, but a proof that something gives a polite thought for the new owner). Shipment was super fast, 2 days around the world, amazing.

I warmly recommend Chris & Watch Chest to anyone pondering whether to have courage to buy a pre-loved watch online, based on my own experience. Will be buying another Rolex soon!

Tomi
TeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2012, 07:15 AM   #30
epic11
"TRF" Member

Re: Watch Chest

Same wonderful experience,
Just purchased and received an Oysterquartz President. Both Chris and Kristian are true professionals in every way. Very courteous,efficient,and prompt. Would recommend them to any and all.........Dick Dixon
epic11 is offline   Reply With Quote