The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 21 August 2019, 08:13 AM   #31
timedate
-

Acceptance can be a good thing, accepting that i never had the fairytale romances when i was younger, so what, who really did? i had some good times, but i was born in a liberal era, sadly, this has had a terrible effect on marriage and relationships.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 08:26 AM   #32
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
Im almost 62 and what really surprised me was the few i did exchange small talk were so aggressive and pushy and wanting to move so fast....really took me by surprise.
Their rent is probably past due. ��. No, really.
One of the nurses I work with was telling me just today that as a result of their good financial choices, saving, investing, etc. they get to spend 100k to renovate an in-law suite for her mother in law and her sister who didn’t save, invest, make smart choices, etc. and are effectively homeless, broke, and moving in. Youngest child moves out to college, make room for grandma moving in.
I’d say F that here’s a trailer go live there, and good luck. They’re apparently more charitable than I. The icing on the cake is that they’re nasty and ungrateful people as well. Double F that. I recommended looking into government housing. She said she looked at one place that was light assisted living but it was a dump. That’s what you get after a lifetime of poor choices.
Good luck with the search. Don’t give up, find some groups that interest you (books, movies, wine tasting, foodie, hiking, stargazing, religious, atheist, local politics, sleeping in, whatever) and just put yourself out there. You may not meet the new Ms Right, but you’ll make new friends and get into new habits and hobbies. And maybe one of these new friends knows a Ms Right! My wife has a friend who is about 50 and single. Reasonably attractive, successful, etc. She wasted 25 years of her life traveling for work, overly committed to a career, and not putting herself out there. Don’t be like her. I’d give her a pass if she ended as Senior partner/CEO etc. but all she did was make other people rich.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 08:41 AM   #33
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by datejustrms View Post
A buddy of mine who's in his early 60's says it's like a candy store out there (and he's no Tyrone Power). Perhaps your online profile needs to be jazzed up. Hope you find someone you enjoy spending time with.
There’s a retired guy that lives across the street from my friend at the CC in Boca Raton. He’s moderately wealthy, has a full head of hair, 6’ tall and is only about 20 lbs overweight. He’s 65ish. Apparently he’s like Adonis down there and has a new younger model divorcee/widow every couple weeks to a month. Big older online dating there and many many groups to scope out new talent. 😂

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 11:04 AM   #34
crew
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
There’s a retired guy that lives across the street from my friend at the CC in Boca Raton. He’s moderately wealthy, has a full head of hair, 6’ tall and is only about 20 lbs overweight. He’s 65ish. Apparently he’s like Adonis down there and has a new younger model divorcee/widow every couple weeks to a month. Big older online dating there and many many groups to scope out new talent. ��
I’m almost straight across from Boca (via Alligator Alley) in Naples. Single, older guys in Florida have it made. If they have money they can have their pick of beautiful women across a fairly wide age range. I wouldn’t think online dating apps would be needed for the men, unless they just want to see pics of what’s available.
crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 11:07 AM   #35
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by crew View Post
I’m almost straight across from Boca (via Alligator Alley) in Naples. Single, older guys in Florida have it made. If they have money they can have their pick of beautiful women across a fairly wide age range. I wouldn’t think online dating apps would be needed for the men, unless they just want to see pics of what’s available.
Not a condition limited to Florida
Old 21 August 2019, 11:45 AM   #36
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
I have been married for 38 years and my wife and I agree that if anything happened to one of us, the other wouldn't be rushing into another relationship.
The idea of companionship in ones old age is attractive but by 60yrs most people are very set in their ways and carry a LOT of baggage, and frankly, there are just a lot of strange/crazy people out there.
Inheritance issues are important in this day and age where Courts make such bad decisions about anything related to relationships, children and property.
There is no substitute for getting to know people slowly, face to face, in a club/special-interest-group environment. You get to see them when they are not "acting".

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 12:10 PM   #37
Qinhan
2024 Pledge Member

Best of luck to the OP. You tried something new and it sounds like, for a variety of reasons, it wasn't really your thing.

I know that horror internet dating stories are a dime a dozen but, for what it's worth, a lot of good things begin online too. I met my wife online in my early 30's and we've now been together over 10 years and are very happy. Online dating was a good way for both of us to meet people outside our usual circle of friends and acquaintances. Both of us were honest from the get-go, clear about what we wanted and, most importantly, enjoyed being in each other's company and were able to establish a real and genuine connection.

As you've already noted, two really important points for anyone thinking about going down the online dating route: (1) Online interaction is a good way to establish an initial connection but you absolutely need to get to know the other person in real life. An online persona, online claims, photographs, etc. mean nothing. Face to face is all that counts. (2) Anything worthwhile and valuable takes time and shouldn't be rushed or forced. As you pointed out, people wanting to rush into things are a red flag.

Just my $0.02
Qinhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 12:36 PM   #38
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Unfortunate circumstance but life goes on.

Why not try searching for a snow bird with healthcare. Maybe a Canadian dating site. Many visit AZ.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 10:19 PM   #39
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Back in my single days I did dip my toe into online dating. Back then (I was in my thirties) it seemed that the men outnumbered women on those sites, and it was slim pickins. Most of the women that I met had some serious baggage and turned out to be, you know, crazy.

I met my wife at work but it was because she saw me on "match.com" that she knew I was available and she sent me a work email that simply said "I liked your picture". We already knew each other, but I thought she was still married. Interestingly, if I had seen her online profile ("religious, two kids and a dog, recently separated") I would have passed. As it was, I knew she was smart and cute, so I got over that other stuff.

I'd hate to be out there again. Best wishes Greg.

Another good way to meet female people, if I may suggest, is volunteering for political events, adult continuing ed at your local tech schools and professional organizations.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 01:01 AM   #40
datejustrms
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Tyrone Power????

How old are you???

I'm betting not many people remember him around here. Or maybe they do.
I'll be 60 in October. I enjoy old movies and Tyrone always got the best looking ladies. A true Matinee Idol.
datejustrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 01:29 AM   #41
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by datejustrms View Post
I'll be 60 in October. I enjoy old movies and Tyrone always got the best looking ladies. A true Matinee Idol.
Which is funny since he was supposedly gay or at least bi.

In those days the studios owned the stars and usually changed their names and made up a whole persona for them. Along with fake wives/husbands, fake dates, fake photo ops, and a corp of ex cops to "fix" any issues that happened after hours.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 09:52 AM   #42
kearez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
I'm in my late 20's. I tend to get a lot of matches on dating apps, but I quit a few months ago. Some issues I see:

-- very attractive, young, educated, employed women are usually not single
Agree with this, same age as you. A lot of guys also under estimate the about of matches these girls get and their competition.

For the OP, sounds like as others mentioned improve your profile, put effort into and it I’ll bare results. It shows on a profile of someone who doesn’t care.

Also I hope one of yours pictures on your profile wasn’t your car, that is a huge nope for a lot of women. ��
kearez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 11:10 AM   #43
s2h904
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust/YM
Greg-I sincerely hope everything works out for you my good man.

I am 45-care taker for my dad and brother, never been married. No kids-no wife-no gf.

I do have a rotation of 3-4 women I see and I get my pleasures when I can. Usually on the weekend-dinner and a rendezvous.

I love it and it works for me-I do not have the time or energy to put into a relationship. Pop and oldest bro take priority above all else.

This lifestyle is not for everyone obviously...…...to each his own.

Failed to mention that when I go out with these ladies I never wear a Rolex(or any jewelry)-why chance it.
s2h904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 11:56 AM   #44
DLRIDES
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2h904 View Post

I do have a rotation of 3-4 women I see and I get my pleasures when I can. Usually on the weekend-dinner and a rendezvous.

I love it and it works for me-I do not have the time or energy to put into a relationship.

This lifestyle is not for everyone obviously...…...to each his own.
/\ This man “gets it” !

IMO

From reading the posts in thread thus far, most of you are wife hunting because that’s what you’ve been taught/conditioned to do. Find a nice independent self sufficient activity partner to enjoy the occasional weekend, dinner twice a month, and go your your separate ways until next time.
Old 22 August 2019, 12:58 PM   #45
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Eh I think it is generational.

Women 55 or older probably will move quicker in a relationship because time is not on their side.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 05:24 PM   #46
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
I had lunch with a friend of mind from the chess club....I told him what happened and his take may be somewhat correct...
You filled out the form and put down no kids or living relatives..plus you said you live in your home in Cypress TX.
You mentioned you are a memeber of mustang club also.
And i put down that i retired from IBM.....
He said to some women who read this they see JACKPOT!....no kids to worry about getting ins....you own home have nice stuff life in Cypress....im letting on that im well off without putting it down on paper....
He told me to rewrite on and dont mention any of this and see what happens.
I told him if had it with online dating....nope
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 06:20 PM   #47
timedate
-

Be careful if you are embarking on a second marriage, i got talking to a customer who thought his inheritance was intact when his ailing father, who had lost his wife, married for a second time, into a controlling, devious family.

They gave the illusion they were caring for him, when they only had their own financial interests at heart,

He said his dad changed, that all the years of him saying 'dont worry son, you and your sister will be okay, when i am no longer here', these words meant nothing as when he did die, they received nothing, the 'new' family had taken the whole lot.

Just be careful, very careful, love and sex can alter rational thinking.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 08:57 PM   #48
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
For guys on this forum mentioning the word pre-nup in your details will probably really edit you down to serious partners, or there must be some professionals only dating sites, I think there is a celebrity Tinder for example. If I could start a WIS dating site, and find enough women, I could give up the day job and retire.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote