The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 31 December 2012, 01:29 AM   #31
1kw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorluv View Post
I purchased a GMT II D serial and a 2011 Sub-C Date from GeneralWar (Jon Todd). The D serial Coke GMT II came with a 1990's rolex box instead of the newer wave style box. Both had incorrect accessories, i.e., the GMT came with a "date just" booklet??? and the sub-c came with a 16610 booklet instead of the newer correct 116610LN booklet. The pictures depicted a more accurate and complete booklet and box set (which was not what I received). My GMT is out of COSC and ran 10 seconds fast from the time I received it and still does today. My Sub-C card was signed and dated even though it was brand new. It came from an Italian AD but I got the stock paper carrier instead of the leather paper carrier which european AD's provide. I cannot recommend a future purchase from Sant Blanc. I definitely see the value in an AD. Just my personal experiences.
10 seconds fast is out COSC ?
1kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2012, 05:40 AM   #32
tudorluv
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kw View Post
10 seconds fast is out COSC ?
Yes, correct me if wrong, but the watch gains +10 seconds a day. I thought COSC limits were -4 to +6 seconds in 24 hours.
tudorluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2013, 05:43 PM   #33
eastjavaman
"TRF" Member

I was about to buy from SB until I see tudorluv message, I kept thinking how do authenticate this watch (as I understand RSCs are in LA, NY, Dal) despite the guarantee he posts. I am still wary.
eastjavaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 01:41 AM   #34
SureMar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorluv View Post
I purchased a GMT II D serial and a 2011 Sub-C Date from GeneralWar (Jon Todd). The D serial Coke GMT II came with a 1990's rolex box instead of the newer wave style box. Both had incorrect accessories, i.e., the GMT came with a "date just" booklet??? and the sub-c came with a 16610 booklet instead of the newer correct 116610LN booklet. The pictures depicted a more accurate and complete booklet and box set (which was not what I received). My GMT is out of COSC and ran 10 seconds fast from the time I received it and still does today. My Sub-C card was signed and dated even though it was brand new. It came from an Italian AD but I got the stock paper carrier instead of the leather paper carrier which european AD's provide. I cannot recommend a future purchase from Sant Blanc. I definitely see the value in an AD. Just my personal experiences.
I had a similar experience. Recently purchased a GMT II. The transaction was okay. The exterior condition of the watch was close to flawless. However, the watch has been running outside of COSC spec at +10 to +11 seconds fast per day since I got it. I had read nothing but good reviews in the past which gave me the comfort to buy from SB but not sure about the quality control.
SureMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2013, 07:18 AM   #35
Power Play
"TRF" Member

My DSSD from Jon is TOPS!

I purchased a LNIB DSSD from Jon about 2 years ago. The transaction was sweet, the watch/papers exactly as advertised and the watch perfect.

Couldn't be happier with the watch or the process.

It does appear that Jon selects mostly/only pristine watches and prices them accordingly; I would not necessarily took to them for a beater watch.

Power Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2013, 07:34 AM   #36
tudorluv
"TRF" Member

To me it's all about the details when it comes to customer service. Jon's watches are authentic and accurate to the looks and description. But the "extra mile" is getting the details right. When a Rolex is out of COSC, and when the accessories are incomplete or inaccurate those are the minor (COSC definitely not minor) details. Sant Blanc did provide a 2 year warranty which I could have shipped back to get the watch re-regulated within specs but I thought it not worth the hassle and shipping cost. Good and authentic watches, a little pricier than others but not the "extra mile" and attention to detail I believe a customer deserves when paying for a high dollar Rolex. I recommend TRF trusted sellers or an authorized dealer. I am happy that many have had a great experience with Sant Blanc and hope any future will get the same.

Last edited by tudorluv; 16 January 2013 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: correction
tudorluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2013, 07:19 PM   #37
eastjavaman
"TRF" Member

Finally, with Greg "Mosco" and tudorluv posts about Sant Blanc(and sum up enough courage), I did my purchase from Jon Todd. The watch checks out; however, as with all "used" watches, you need to lower your expectations of the watch condition. If he said 99% like new, immaculate, please re-read as 96%(or even 95%) like almost new, I am sure he meant to put "9" upside down. This is just based on my experience, as with all transactions please do your due dilligence beforehand.
eastjavaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2019, 12:29 AM   #38
Nance11
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG Daytona
Sant Blanc Question

I have a YG Day Date I purchased from Sant Blanc. I was told my watch was built in 2004 yet my serial number starts with a Y. My understanding is Y means 2002 build. The model number on my watch is 118238 indicating fluted bezel. The watch has a smooth bezel with an Oyster Bracelet. I now understand that the model number should be 118208 which indicates a smooth domed bezel. Obviously the fluted bezel was swapped out for the smooth which is the watch I wanted. My questions are does the bezel swap affect the resale value of my watch? Should the bezel swap have been disclosed to me when purchasing? Am I wrong about a Y serial being a 2002? Should Sant Blanc have been aware of the discrepancy re model number and bezel not accurate? BTW I purchased directly from their store in Branson, MO as opposed to ebay. Obviously, I wanted to benefit by not paying for his added on fees. The price I paid reflected that. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Nance11 is offline   Reply With Quote