The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 April 2018, 07:46 AM   #871
GED
"TRF" Member

Watch: d-d40wg
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
The yoga community likely has a higher rate of pot smokers than any other single community.
Okay.
Old 22 April 2018, 10:04 AM   #872
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
If, and when, the big tobacco companies begin to grow and distribute wouldn't that add a lot of downward pressure on prices? Isn't this the last thing you'd want if you're an early investor in cottage industry stocks?
i think you'll see continued consolidation on the way. In tobacco there are hundreds of companies but only a handful of majors that are publicly traded, same with alcohol.

It's already happening every couple of weeks where a company gets bought out for cash and stock and if you're holding the acquired company you get a nice 40-60% premium. This is one of the reasons i hold about 25 different companies. I missed out on the CMED one and WeedMD acquisition this week but did well on the Canabo one last month.

The cannabis market incorporates or competes with alcohol, tobacco and pharma and all are potential acquirers.

I do not believe that the margin pressure on the flower is a significant risk. As expressed in the Hydro interview all of the margin is going to come from novel consumer and medical products. The flower itself will be an increasingly irrelevant part of the market, though still significant.

vapes, oils, concentrates, edibles, pills etc etc and all of the medical and consumer oriented intellectual capital that goes along with it with be where the margins go. I think in the Hydro interview he talks about a $0.30 product that sells for $30 that is oil-based. Hell yeah!!
bing240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2018, 02:23 PM   #873
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What I’ve learned in general, pot stocks, and most any other is that the vast majority of experts are absolutely full of shit.

Everyone has a theory and they think they are right. But it’s all BS. News, tweets, speculation, votes, shady financials, job reports, housing reports etc all drive the markets.

Tons of companies worth billions haven’t made a dime. It’s all stupid.

And absolutely no one knows what’s going to happen, until it does. Unless of course they are trading on insider information which also drives the markets.

Based on historic data, I’ll keep my loot in the markets expecting it to grow. But the more I watch, the more I think the “experts”, both on tv and in their homes, are idiots.
https://www.thebalance.com/the-inves...culator-358139
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2018, 01:46 AM   #874
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Looks like some institutional $ is beginning to enter into the sector, as a few pension funds are ‘dipping their toes’. Baby steps...

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/an-awake...ocks-1.1068118

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2018, 06:57 AM   #875
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

I Pulled a small lot of Canopy out today at a small gain just to have a cash position available. There could be another valley before July.
Mick8moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 10:30 AM   #876
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Anyone buying Aphria at these levels?
denmanproject is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 12:01 PM   #877
520Matt
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD, LV,GMT II Pep
Had some crappy news on Cronos this week, any opinions welcome
520Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 05:43 AM   #878
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
thats a fair article. but still fluff in my opinion. unless you are a long term investor it is all just gambling. fire Sessions and these stocks go on fire. different words from different sources at the right time make the stocks tank or jump. the markets react violently on news. housing reports, jobs reports, earning reports all drive stocks up or down. it might simply be something happened to Apple and the whole technology sector alights or drops.

and if you are long term investor, you are just hoping that the market space doesn't change, or the CEO does not have an affair, or the bank is not incentivizing their employees to steal and cheat, or the CFO isn't cooking the books to keep his job.

Facebook has been selling data for years, people have known for years, complaining for years....some news story comes out and it tanks. nothing changed at all, but the stock tanks. Zuckerburg goes and speaks in front of Congress for a few days, and the stock goes back up. Nothing at all changed. Nothing. And this is so typical.

I realize I know nothing. But I am a relatively astute student. And the markets make less and less sense the more I watch. I listen to Bloomberg all day or watch CNBC during my workouts. And the experts are talking out of their asses.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2018, 05:44 AM   #879
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

not a bad day so far. hope this all continues. I was down 40% at one point. now
I am only down 26%. yippee.

Old 8 May 2018, 05:28 PM   #880
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
not a bad day so far. hope this all continues. I was down 40% at one point. now
I am only down 26%. yippee.
Haha..

Yea, I'm up a bit too but still down. I'm long term on cannabis stocks though as you know.

What infuriates ( maybe not the correct word ) frustrates me is the short sellers. Greedy idiots. Stand for something for @&%#'s sake.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 01:23 AM   #881
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick8moses View Post
I Pulled a small lot of Canopy out today at a small gain just to have a cash position available. There could be another valley before July.
Hate to jinx anything, but think the bottom was put in about a week ago. You may regret being out. Several good values still out there though.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 01:52 AM   #882
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorliss View Post
Hate to jinx anything, but think the bottom was put in about a week ago. You may regret being out. Several good values still out there though.
Please jinx away!
I would be a happy camper if Canopy never went below 23 again :). I only pulled out a small lot I picked up at 21 just to have some cash at my disposal in case another opportunity arises.

If none of the cannabis stocks ever drop again I'm a happy man...
Mick8moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 03:55 AM   #883
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

yeah there was some nice movement in some holdings this week. i entered MARI and ACB 2 weeks ago on speculation of acquisitions (prior to the Medreleaf release).

i believe MARI will be acquired soon. they, and others likely to be acquired, probably need the market to rebound a bit and get a 50% premium on pricing closer to their ATH otherwise the major shareholders will not approve it. at these levels a 50% premium isn't that great a deal for many longs. WeedMD went at 55% most recently.

also still kicking myself for not getting into TRST sooner. they are one i would have liked to have held.

still avg'ing down on EMC and picking up warrants here and there. they are low on production capacity relative to other majors, but i suspect that will begin to matter less since you can get the flower and oil from many other sources in the meantime. crossing fingers.
Old 9 May 2018, 06:18 AM   #884
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Canadian opposition party leader will look to recriminalize if elected. It is a very divided subject across the country and the botched roll out is even putting off many who want legalization.

The Globe and Mail reports in its Tuesday, May 8, edition that despite smoking dope as a young adult, Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer remains opposed to the Liberal government's plan to legalize the drug, his office says. The Globe's Laura Stone and Daniel LeBlanc write that on the French-language talk show Tout Le Monde En Parle on Sunday, Mr. Scheer was asked by host Guy A. Lepage whether he will celebrate the legalization of marijuana by smoking a joint. Mr. Scheer said, "No." Mr. Turcotte then piped in with a follow-up, "Have you ever smoked?" Mr. Scheer said: "I hope my father is not watching this show. When I was young, yes." Mr. Scheer said he will look at what happens once the government's legislation to legalize the drug, Bill C-45, is adopted to decide whether he would recriminalize it if the Conservatives win the next election. Jake Enwright, director of media relations for the Official Opposition leader, told The Globe that Mr. Scheer was a 19-year-old or 20-year-old university student in Ottawa when he smoked marijuana at a party. Mr. Enwright said it happened more than once. Mr. Enwright said Mr. Scheer opposes the Liberal government's bill because it is "bad legislation."

© 2018 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.
Old 10 May 2018, 07:01 AM   #885
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
APH is broken from a technical standpoint. It blew past second line of support today and could retest the yearly low arrond $5 if it doesn’t get back above and hold in the $11.50 range. Weed broke through first line of support today and if it can’t hold it is on its way to $20.
APH almost hitting that $11.50 support today at $11.49. It needs to blast through and hold to confirm the uptrend is intact. Weed bounced back to $30 range a few times but very little follow through. Weed seems to like this $30range. Both are back trading to their April 3rd. levels.
Old 14 May 2018, 10:29 PM   #886
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Look for lots of cannabis news going forward. Canopy just filed an application to list on the NYSE, and Aurora just paid over $2.5 billion to buy MedReleaf at a 34% premium making it the largest (least profitable!) cannabis company in the world. This news should ultimately prove good for Aphria as the most profitable cannabis company as long as it keep executing on its strategic plans.
Old 15 May 2018, 03:10 AM   #887
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

yes both are big news and finally nice to see a big up day... we need more though.

lots of the mid-caps are shuffling around. June 6th is the date where Canada is supposed to make all this official though it may not be July 1 when it starts.

you would think there would be at least a partial run up as the more-skeptical investors enter as this big risk-hedge event unfolds.

it remains to be seen if we'll run like January again. I think that will require some big earnings and US news before we see some of those highs again.

Ianthus is also halted pending news at the moment
Old 15 May 2018, 12:39 PM   #888
SADDLE
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Cvsi.
SADDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2018, 11:51 PM   #889
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SADDLE View Post
Cvsi.
GREAT call. Picked some up on a momentary dip.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2018, 03:25 AM   #890
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Bought this quite awhile ago.

Glad to see it’s finally on the move in a proper direction.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/2c1a1ee4...?.tsrc=applewf

Old 16 May 2018, 06:02 AM   #891
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Aphria: Double bottomed, reversal, and apparent breakout.

Next milestone is to hold $10 and breach $11.50 range, then $13.50 range.

Old 16 May 2018, 06:16 AM   #892
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

So no more concerns about their backing?

Old 16 May 2018, 06:16 AM   #893
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:

Yes! Just saw an up day for Aphria when all my others were losing a bit today after gains yesterday. Was there news or jsut people getting back in speculating again?

Also, with the premium that Aurora is offering for MedReleaf, I was kind of expecting a big jump in price for MedReleaf yesterday but it just showed minor gains.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2018, 06:39 AM   #894
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So no more concerns about their backing?
Hold a lot of Aphria shares at $8.70. My concerns are allayed after doing some serious due diligence. I discovered my initial fears were overblown but was happy to take a break for a bit. Work of dastardly short-sellers only, but by getting out when I did, I saved a few hundred thousand dollars, and re-entered at lower prices.

Also have lots of Liberty Health Sciences and MPX Bioceuticals. Those are my perpetual options for when attention turns towards the U.S. cannabis market later in the year. Canada will likely explode with legalization, then profit taker will seek a new home. Liberty and MPX are like Canopy, Aurora, and Aphria 24 months ago. Locked and loaded to jump.
Old 16 May 2018, 07:54 AM   #895
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

how are you guys on THCX?

i was down for a while but now up 13% which is nice.

just need a few others to turn around and others still to re-surge.
Old 16 May 2018, 08:41 AM   #896
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

^^

Up 12% myself.

Old 16 May 2018, 10:17 AM   #897
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Not invested in that one.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2018, 11:00 AM   #898
Mr. Nice Watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
I bought THCX back in early April @$3.60/share and I’m up over 30% since then.
Old 16 May 2018, 11:22 PM   #899
chazadams
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner / GMT
Really enjoy this thread. Thank you all for the insight especially mcorliss and bing240sx. I am in APHQF, TWMJF, HYYDF and LHSIF for the long haul.
chazadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2018, 06:27 AM   #900
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Little consolidation today for Aphria on recent sharp gains. Hate to see it happen quite SO fast, but believe it or not, it is necessary in order to have an even better rally later on.

IF Aphria dips again tomorrow AM on a continuation of today’s short-term profit taking, I’ll be a buyer below $9, as the sudden rally over the past week caught me a little off guard before I had a chance to make my final purchases prior to legalization.

We saw a higher high on Tuesday, and should also see a higher low, before reversing much higher ($11.50+ is next resistance price). Personally, I think this is going to be our final sub-$10 re-entry point leading up to legalization.