The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 February 2013, 04:31 AM   #1
nagano2125
"TRF" Member

Cert pre-owned Torneau

Just wanted to get some of your opinions on buying a Certified pre-own rolex through Torneau? I have bought new watches from them, and have had great experiences with them. I am leaning towards used/pre-owned to save some cash.
My thoughts about buying from them are that I would assume parts etc are all legit, and at least if I had an issue the store is right here and easily accessible, where as a seller on here or even a trusted selling website would be far away making it an issue.
However seeing as though they are renting store front space at a mall, I am guessing their prices probably aren't that much off from what a new one would cost.

Any thoughts?
nagano2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 04:45 AM   #2
Thatguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PAM
Should get the real deal but I have heard they are rather pricey. I would use a trusted seller here.
Thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 04:46 AM   #3
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
Should get the real deal but I have heard they are rather pricey. I would use a trusted seller here.
X2. T is overpriced.
Old 19 February 2013, 04:58 AM   #4
PMiddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
I've been to Tourneau many times...there preowned Rolex are definitely gonna be higher than other places, however they are an authorized dealer, so you will have peace of mind...

Though When I was ther looking for a preowned sub, the salesperson showed me one with an obvious scratch in the bezel, she was surprise and said they can order another from a different store, they also have a set price list, but I wonder if its negotiable
PMiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 04:58 AM   #5
Stoner319
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing You Sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspp View Post
X2. T is overpriced.
+1 Went in there for the first time a couple weeks ago and their pre-owned prices were CRAZY compared to what you can pay here or most anywhere for that matter.

There are several sellers here that will give you just as much support as they would just not the ease of them having a shop near you.
Stoner319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 05:21 AM   #6
nagano2125
"TRF" Member

Thanx for the info. It's been a while since I had been in a T store so I couldn't remember their prices from what I recently looked at. I do remember them being what I thought was on the higher end. Although depends on what u get. I know some people who have gotten nearly brand new pieces from them. I gues I didn't realize they were and AD either.
nagano2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 05:27 AM   #7
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
It is true that T prices their pre owned pieces on the high to very high side. But also keep in mind that they are an AD and that they fully service the watch before they list it. I would factor that into the price of the watch. Buying from one of the trusted sellers on TRF will save you money. You just have to decide what works best for you. When buying any pre owned timepiece make sure to ask questions about the service history of the watch. Happy hunting
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote