The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 February 2013, 01:27 PM   #1
satbmt
"TRF" Member

Price differences at 2 ad's

Was @ Caesers Palace the other day and one dealer had plat ddII for 48.5k, went to the other dealer and same watch was 62.5k....wonder why the huge difference in price....
satbmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Interesting...I know other will chime in soon as to why
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 01:38 PM   #3
MortgageGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Was this MSRP on each or just the quoted price? Perhaps one quoted you a discount was one a dd and the other a dd2
Old 19 February 2013, 01:51 PM   #4
rodrob59
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG DD 18238
Are you sure one wasn't preowned? Can I ask which stores?
Old 19 February 2013, 01:58 PM   #5
satbmt
"TRF" Member

both were the exact same watch DDII platinum 41mm......both claimed brand new, as a matter of fact the less expensive store said they would order me a new one with a different dial for the same price and have it shipped to me.

less expensive shop was the smaller store on the left going tward the round aquarium and the more expensive was in the direction of the Mirage....it is the huge watch store. I told the sales associate at the more expensive shop about the price difference and they said they could not budge on the price.

Just thought it was odd 2 shops a few hundred feet apart and 14k difference in price.
Old 19 February 2013, 02:36 PM   #6
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

DDII plat for 48k? Not bad at an AD. Perhaps you should pick i t up. What dial?
Old 19 February 2013, 02:47 PM   #7
satbmt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspp View Post
DDII plat for 48k? Not bad at an AD. Perhaps you should pick i t up. What dial?

Ya can't get it off my mind since I was there, blue w/ roman numerals. They also had a 18k WG skydweller for the same price.. It's a big bite for me but may still do it.
Old 19 February 2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Angrypuppy
"TRF" Member

I was at the Wynn Saturday and looked a DDIIs. They would not budge on price st all. The platinum DDII was quoted at 57k which is less though than one of your quotes though.
Angrypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 02:55 PM   #9
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=satbmt;3963573]Ya can't get it off my mind since I was there, blue w/ roman numerals. They also had a 18k WG skydweller for the same price.. It's a big bite for me but may still do it.[/quote

concentric? I tried this on for the first time this weekend and it has me weak at my knees.just gorgeous. On the other hand, I'd probably be more inclined to pull the trigger on the SKD because of its size/uniqueness and then pick up a gold DD II of some sort in the future. Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.4 KB, 185 views)
Old 19 February 2013, 03:05 PM   #10
marsh1
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG Daytona
$62.5 is list. Seems odd as the WG Skydweller has a $48K list. Why such a big discount on the DDII and none on the Skydweller

You can find a link to the price list here

http://www.timekeeperforum.com/topic...-list-usa.html
marsh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 03:11 PM   #11
T01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by satbmt View Post
both were the exact same watch DDII platinum 41mm......both claimed brand new, as a matter of fact the less expensive store said they would order me a new one with a different dial for the same price and have it shipped to me.

less expensive shop was the smaller store on the left going tward the round aquarium and the more expensive was in the direction of the Mirage....it is the huge watch store. I told the sales associate at the more expensive shop about the price difference and they said they could not budge on the price.

Just thought it was odd 2 shops a few hundred feet apart and 14k difference in price.
Are you referring to Roman Times and Torneau?
T01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 03:17 PM   #12
Perpetual Spirit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex 1501
My guess is the price difference has to do with the age of the watch. Both may be brand new but I'd say the difference boils down to serial numbers. Gold and platinum watches don't sell as fast therefore some pieces can sit in the dealer's safe or showcase for awhile. Over that time, it could have been handled by numerous prospective buyers so such a piece could justify a lower price.
Perpetual Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2013, 03:48 PM   #13
BaliBryan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 RED, OP39,PAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satbmt View Post

The huge watch store must have been tourneau. I checked on a dd2 there a couple months ago. They don't discount at all but offered a gimmicky 20% cash back on your second purchase. Surprisingly they had zero dd2's in rg or wg on display. Very friendly sales staff though.
BaliBryan is offline   Reply With Quote