The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 October 2022, 02:47 AM   #121
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
okay, figured I would update the crew here.

I just sold the car. well, on Friday, but I did not want o jinx myself prior to funds clearing.

while I would have loved to keep it, I am once again downsizing in life. I am also planning an eventual move to the Sunshine State to be closer to my folks.

if you pay attention to the finance threads, you will also note that I am very bearish on the markets. I want as much loot as I can so that I can strategically buy low. I have my rental properties listed (keeping one that I will eventually live in) for sale and even the place I am currently living in along with the jersey shore house. Will wait for the prices I want, or not sell. But the more capital I can raise, the more I can buy with over the next few years.

that said, I put the lambo into one of my car chats and it was sold within 24 hours. I made good money, but not even close to what I would have gotten 6 months ago. but...zero complaints. I am very happy with how it worked out and got the number I asked for.

will I miss the car? no. Will I regret selling it? no. But is it still a little painful? yes it is. I truly did fall for it.

but I just don't need stuff anymore. stuff has liability and stuff has carrying costs. right now, the less stuff the better. and I think we will never again see the prices that cars commanded just a few short months ago.

only car I want right now is a GT3 (and a Panamera, but that is different situation). But I won't pay the inflated prices of today. I will wait until a more reasonable time or get from my dealer.
Once the thread was made I knew she was a goner =(

Agreed, the prices we saw with MANY things just 6 months ago we wont see for a very long time!

Good luck on executing all your plans for the near future, I tend to agree with your mkt outlook.
Old 18 October 2022, 02:53 AM   #122
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
I’ll go back to post #25 with pride.

Good move btw.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 02:55 AM   #123
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Buy my 72 B&P Rolexeseses now!!!
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 03:13 AM   #124
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
Once the thread was made I knew she was a goner =(

Agreed, the prices we saw with MANY things just 6 months ago we wont see for a very long time!

Good luck on executing all your plans for the near future, I tend to agree with your mkt outlook.
Yeah man. As much as I loved it, it’s a lot for a guy like me. Financially and I’m just relatively low key. That car is not low key. Lol.

Appreciate the well wishes.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 03:15 AM   #125
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Sell it.

A mature strong minded person learns to detach emotionally and financially from replaceable material things to capitalize on better opportunities (more money)

Or become super rich (Like me. Rolex owner/investor/yacht owner) and not ask these ridiculous questions you poseur.
Ha. Had to go find this.

Hard to disagree. With the poseur comment too. Clearly.

Right now, money is the priority. I want to get to a certain point, and then I’ll start playing around again. For now, nose to the grindstone. Save, save and save some more.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 11:54 AM   #126
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
This could get lengthy so bear with me….
I have a few schools of thought that typically steer me in the watch and automobile hobby, passion, journey.
-I like variety and like to try everything, I typically do not get attached to material things, but I have my staples/favorites.
-I’ve made mistakes, had regrets, bought things multiple times, etc…at the end of the day, they’re objects.
-I’ve come to know only a couple mainstay facts….(these facts are encompassed within my personal budget)
As far as cars…I like having a couple nice cars, including at least one exotic, I’m in the Ferrari camp firstly for the exotic, I like others as well but can do without, as well as a daily driver or two.
As far as watches… I like having at least a couple nice watches I’m in the Rolex camp on that one, I like other brands I like but can do without.
-I also remember being happy with a Jeep Wrangler as a one and only, and a submariner only, for 10yrs.

The only advice I’d give is….
I think this car will be worth more money in the future, I personally don’t live for that, I get these cars/watches for enjoyment…period.
I’ve lost tons on my “enjoyment” ….don’t regret it at all!

I could go on and on but I won’t.
They’re objects, some I love more than others, I have my core brands that I’ll probably always have …probably.
I just do what makes me happy, if it’s a bad decision, ( like letting a Platona go at $60k or a 5990 go at $75k) it’s my decision, I’ll get past it and keep being happy.
That’s the bottom line for me…don’t think too much or too long, just do what makes happiness…right now. I’ve traded things, sold things, etc….that I KNEW was probably dumb, financially, but it didn’t make me happy at that moment and something else did. Can’t do anything about the future, not trying to.
This outlook may be, and look stupid to most, but that’s just how I do it. YMMV as they say.
I guess my best advice is…BE HAPPY SETH !
Standing by what I said….decisions are decisions, they’re personal and they make sense, happiness, relief, etc….when we make them. We may look like fools for them later , or we may look like geniuses…..who cares….live life on your terms and be happy!
I’ll just say….congratulations on a quick sale, you got what you wanted, your happy……nicely done

(Meanwhile, I’ll be adding some incoming happiness tomorrow. See you in the car love thread )

Enjoy life my friend and do what’s best for you !
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 08:12 PM   #127
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Seth, smart move! Especially with the changes you have planned in your personal life. Happy for you man.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 09:20 PM   #128
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good for you. Sounds like you have it figured out and have a plan.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 10:38 PM   #129
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Massive props; inspiration and respect!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote