The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 19 July 2017, 12:59 PM   #61
MariettaMike
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II BLRO
I've owned a Breitling New Pluton (blue face) for over twenty five years and it keeps perfect time. I've had to replace the battery three times, no service on the watch. Breitling makes solid watches.
MariettaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2017, 03:51 AM   #62
patrickjb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 126600
My Navitimer is 10 years old, and keeps time flawlessly. Never had an issue with it, and it hasn't been serviced (knock on wood).
patrickjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2017, 03:53 AM   #63
Goin2drt
Banned

I have a Bentley. Regular rotation and about ten years old. Keeps great time. No issues at all and I wear my watches pretty rough.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2017, 05:05 AM   #64
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Gibeon watch
I have Breitling since 1997 and they are very sturdy and robust. Only my 1997 Crosswind had all of a sudden corrosion on the hands after 15 years. Never been in the water or shower. It costed me a lot of money to fix it during a service.

But nevertheless i love Breitling
Old 21 July 2017, 09:07 AM   #65
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
i've had a few over the years. no issues to ever report beyond reg wear and tear.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2017, 02:06 AM   #66
Desibaba
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,Pam90,SA2
Between my Rolex Sub bluesy, Panerai Pam 90 and Breitling Super Avenger 2 the Super Avenger 2 keeps the best time. I only got it brand new in January 2017. Only thing I dont like is the super shiny Professional 3 bracelet is a scratch magnet but Im assuming when I send it in for service it will come back scratch less.
Desibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2017, 06:08 AM   #67
DocKen
"TRF" Member

I bought a Breitling Superocean Héritage 42 a few years ago and it keeps very good time. When I am not wearing it, I keep it on a watch winder and I have not experienced any problems.
DocKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2017, 11:12 AM   #68
turbineboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Angelus, AP, Breit
I have always had a breitling on my wrist or my watch box since 1994.
The dive watches are built strong. The titanium aerospace can take quite a beating.

While I am sure the navitimers are just as sturdy I am careful not to put my navitimer through the same tough environment as my omega.
Rolex is not as sturdy as most would like to believe. They are just as susceptible to damage as a brietling and just as expensive to repair/service.
In terms of reliability I prefer omega.... then breitling.... then Tudor/rolex...
They all keep good time.... If you watch doesn't keep to cosc.... Maybe its time for a service.
turbineboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2017, 01:04 AM   #69
FSUGeoff
"TRF" Member

Watch: the Noles Score!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desibaba View Post
Between my Rolex Sub bluesy, Panerai Pam 90 and Breitling Super Avenger 2 the Super Avenger 2 keeps the best time. I only got it brand new in January 2017. Only thing I dont like is the super shiny Professional 3 bracelet is a scratch magnet but Im assuming when I send it in for service it will come back scratch less.
I also didn't like the fully polished Professional 3 bracelet, especially when comparing it to the glide lock oyster bracelet. However 195 bucks later I got the rubber Diver Pro 3 in blue and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this watch again, get equal wrist time to my Hulk.

Old 16 September 2017, 01:15 AM   #70
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

As far as the caliber 01 goes my experience has been: not very reliable. Their customer service, which I have gained quite some experience with due to that fact (3x for malfunctioning movement within 5 years) is second to none though. Very professional and very friendly. I understand the problems I am having with my piece only affected early models of the B01 caliber and have heard lots of good things about the ETA powered pieces and more recent B01 variants. So YMMV.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2017, 09:08 AM   #71
stevepowell
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer I
"I've never owned a Breitling timepiece, however, I would consider purchasing one in the future. Anyone ever have any issues with Breitling watches? Are they reliable and durable? I don't expect a Breitling watch to be Rolex quality but are they worth buying?"

I have owned a total of 31 Bretiling watches over the past 7 years. Only one (Avenger II GMT) have ever been back for warranty service. They are not as refined as a Rolex but the are built like a tank.

I have heard some complaints about the B01 movement, but I currenty have two and never had any problem.
stevepowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2017, 05:59 PM   #72
DaytonaDrifter
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 6239+6263
I have a vintage Top Time that I've serviced once when I bought it 5 years ago. It runs like a champ, a few seconds per day positive. I think it stacks right up there with a Daytona in terms of quality and durability...very close to the Rolex.
DaytonaDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2017, 10:56 AM   #73
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaDrifter View Post
I have a vintage Top Time that I've serviced once when I bought it 5 years ago. It runs like a champ, a few seconds per day positive. I think it stacks right up there with a Daytona in terms of quality and durability...very close to the Rolex.
I would say Rolex is a step up in reliability and durability. I think the fact each watch is tested before leaving the factory and the escapement. That being said a Breitling is a very tough watch perhaps just beneath Rolex in reliability and durability. The vintage are sort of a different animal, I heard they are bringing back many vintage models for reissue.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote