The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 30 July 2020, 09:17 AM   #1
Fchernyak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Cartier Santos question.

I’ve been looking at adding the blue dial Cartier Santos to my collection. I’ve been doing my research and found the blue dial goes by two different references, the wssa0013 and the wssa0030. On the Cartier website it goes by 0030 and on Chrono24 0013 is about $500-$750 cheaper than the 0030. Anybody have any clue on the differences? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fchernyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 09:24 AM   #2
watchdisplay
"TRF" Member

Not sure you looking at the correct watch on the website but it shows the blue dial as the 0013 on the website as well.

watchdisplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 09:24 AM   #3
watchdisplay
"TRF" Member

Old 30 July 2020, 09:25 AM   #4
watchdisplay
"TRF" Member

I was just trying to buy this ref a couple weeks ago and they are sold out everywhere

Old 30 July 2020, 09:31 AM   #5
JodyHighroller
Banned

I just called the Cartier e-boutique directly as I’m curious myself. I purchased the WSSA0013 last October. She couldn’t tell any differences between the two references numbers. She said sometimes the reference numbers are updated, but there is no changes to the actual product. The rep mentioned their internal memos about both references are identical (same case, bracelet, and movement specs).

You can try calling and see if you get the same response. As far as I can tell online nothing has changed besides the reference number.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 09:43 AM   #6
SAlNlDllvllAlNl
"TRF" Member

Yeah for whatever reason Cartier decided to update that model reference to WSSA0030 for 2020. But seems exactly the same as reference 0013. Weird.
SAlNlDllvllAlNl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 10:01 AM   #7
Fchernyak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAlNlDllvllAlNl View Post
Yeah for whatever reason Cartier decided to update that model reference to WSSA0030 for 2020. But seems exactly the same as reference 0013. Weird.

Ye that’s what I figured they did idk why

Old 30 July 2020, 10:02 AM   #8
Fchernyak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
I just called the Cartier e-boutique directly as I’m curious myself. I purchased the WSSA0013 last October. She couldn’t tell any differences between the two references numbers. She said sometimes the reference numbers are updated, but there is no changes to the actual product. The rep mentioned their internal memos about both references are identical (same case, bracelet, and movement specs).

You can try calling and see if you get the same response. As far as I can tell online nothing has changed besides the reference number.

Do you enjoy the watch? Do you use switch between strap and bracelet?

Old 30 July 2020, 10:07 AM   #9
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Mailbox full
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 10:12 AM   #10
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fchernyak View Post
Do you enjoy the watch? Do you use switch between strap and bracelet?

I absolutely love it! It’s one of my favorite watches. To be honest, I’ve never swapped it to the strap as I love the bracelet, but I enjoy the fact of how easy it is to swap to leather or remove links from the bracelet. You won’t regret the watch, trust me. It’s one hell of timepiece.

Just FYI, I called and spoke with another agent who confirmed the same thing about only the reference number being changed. Reason for the second call was because I forgot to ask about the timing regulation +/- seconds per day lol.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 10:14 AM   #11
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
Love the Santos! I have the white dial. The quick change system for the bracelet is amazing!

RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 02:14 PM   #12
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Ye that’s what I figured they did idk why

Maybe 13 is an unlucky number so they changed it to 30? That’s really the only thing I can think of on why they would change the reference #.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 02:22 PM   #13
martinr
"TRF" Member

Strap or bracelet it’s a great watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 462BCFAF-ED7F-47D1-BAD9-778DE0C3E0E2.jpeg (138.0 KB, 646 views)
File Type: jpeg 0E7426AF-F4F2-4C4E-A11C-C3EE735E0285.jpeg (129.6 KB, 649 views)
File Type: jpeg EE987DB1-898B-4916-ACAB-60520B92151C.jpeg (108.4 KB, 643 views)
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2020, 09:41 AM   #14
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Love mine

Old 2 August 2020, 10:21 AM   #15
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Love mine

Nice night owl! My favorite Santos.
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2020, 02:32 PM   #16
wesdaniel
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
I bought this watch just about a month or 6 weeks ago and I love it. I haven't put the leather strap on it yet (probably won't ever actually do it), but I do love how easy it is to swap it out. The blue on the dial is really unique which is one of the positive things about it.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2020, 06:30 PM   #17
Hendrikus
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them...
I have this watch and it is my daily. Adore it - regularly switch between the bracelet, the OEM blue strap and a bespoke Cartier orange strap I added.
Old 5 August 2020, 05:40 AM   #18
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman, Kermit

Absolutely love mine. I've had it for almost a year now. At first I wasn't sure about the Santos when they changed the bezel, but I absolutely love it. They did a great job updating a classic piece. It's also a great value and very versatile as it is water resistant to 100m, anti-magnetic, has an in-house movement, and it's easy to size and easy to switch between bracelet and the strap.
Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2021, 09:05 PM   #19
DucatiWiz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many!
Quote:
I’ve been looking at adding the blue dial Cartier Santos to my collection. I’ve been doing my research and found the blue dial goes by two different references, the wssa0013 and the wssa0030. On the Cartier website it goes by 0030 and on Chrono24 0013 is about $500-$750 cheaper than the 0030. Anybody have any clue on the differences? Thanks in advance

Sorry I'm late to this question, the difference is only the buckle on the leather strap. The 0030 is the updated version with twin trigger release on the deployment clasp (right).

I love this watch, slim, elegant, fine fishing, inhouse movement and being arguably the first ever wristwatch - stacks of history. Dresses up and down really well, if it only had a micro-adjustment on the bracelet like a Rolex, it could almost be the perfect one-watch collection IMHO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wssa0013-backbuckle.jpg (120.5 KB, 324 views)
DucatiWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2021, 09:30 PM   #20
DucatiWiz
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Sorry I'm late to this, I tried to post with a picture but maybe I'm not allowed as I'm a noob.

The difference is only the buckle on the leather strap. The 0030 has an updated version that has a twin trigger release on the deployment clasp.

If my post with the picture has gone to moderation and appears here, I'll delete this one!

HTH
Old 8 March 2021, 10:37 AM   #21
jojosnr
"TRF" Member

Interesting. I was not keen with the original design where the leather strap needs to be folder when fitted with the deployant. This new design seems better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiWiz View Post
Sorry I'm late to this question, the difference is only the buckle on the leather strap. The 0030 is the updated version with twin trigger release on the deployment clasp (right).

I love this watch, slim, elegant, fine fishing, inhouse movement and being arguably the first ever wristwatch - stacks of history. Dresses up and down really well, if it only had a micro-adjustment on the bracelet like a Rolex, it could almost be the perfect one-watch collection IMHO.
jojosnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2021, 11:33 PM   #22
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

That clasp change is a good thing. My skeleton was hard to close and open. The buttons would improve it
Old 9 March 2021, 12:11 AM   #23
DucatiWiz
"TRF" Member

Yes I think it's a good improvement as it's very easy to adjust and now matches the steel strap which also has the twin trigger release system. Did you know that it was Louis Cartier who invented the deployment clasp (1910)? Lots of firsts on this watch.

I wanted a blue face sports watch and boiled it down to a plain steel Datejust 41mm or the Cartier. The power reserve on the Datejust is very much better (70 hrs vs 42) but I loved the slimness (9mm), elegance, history and versatility of the Santos. In many ways it reminds me of the kind of versatility you get from the Nautilus and that's done quite well ! Cartier are typically cagy about the movement specs, but it does have lots of good features such as a Milgauss-style soft iron cage, nickel phosphorus escapement with bridge secured in two places for anti-magnetism and shock protection. Mine seems unusually accurate, gaining only 1 second every 5 days! (although it is new so we'll see how that lasts...). Given that it comes with the two straps, it's hard to fault it at its price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg santos.jpg (146.9 KB, 201 views)
Old 9 March 2021, 12:13 AM   #24
alonsowwss
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41
Go for it !!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk