The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 July 2019, 09:49 AM   #1
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
How many of my Pp friends have an RM?

I find myself continually going into the RM store. I walked into the store today and put my name down on a RM-030 to see if there’s a slot open. I haven’t committed to it yet. But i feel like if its not the next 6 months... maybe the following 6 months?

I also went to AP but was interested in an AP summer edition ROO That apparently was a short run (rose gold white dial 42mm chrono with 44mm pushers and a white strap. Edit this was not available

How did u guys think about braoadening out ur collection? Which path have you gone. BTW I’m not stopping my Patek buying... I’m thinking of additional watches that might be fun.

I keep coming back to RM. feels like the RM 30 is the same size as the 11-02.

What u guys think?
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 09:54 AM   #2
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
I like those colourful and slim RM but genuinely can't afford them. :)
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 09:56 AM   #3
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
I like those colourful and slim RM but genuinely can't afford them. :)
U like the ladies ones?
Old 4 July 2019, 09:58 AM   #4
mnl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15450ST
Don’t have Patek or RM, but I say do it!

I think if you have the means, something like an RM, or a ROO, or even a Concept (probably more similar to RM in style and price) could be a fantastic summer watch. I have really small wrists so I couldn’t get either (or afford one tbh) but I think they’re all great! And broadening your collection across more brands i think is also worth doing just to get even more variety.
mnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 10:01 AM   #5
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

I like them a lot but i feel like its an even harder club to get access to... and trendier which makes me nervous as the bottom could fall out
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 10:02 AM   #6
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
I like them a lot but i feel like its an even harder club to get access to... and trendier which makes me nervous as the bottom could fall out
Do u remember how Frank mueller collapsed?
Old 4 July 2019, 10:04 AM   #7
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Do u remember how Frank mueller collapsed?
that low of production it doesn't take that many people getting turned off and the whole thing crashes down. They are hard to get sure.... but how many AD rants are there here vs Daytona or Nautilus. Those legitimately have WL's miles deep. Not convinced RM demand is that huge and its much more supply side.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 10:07 AM   #8
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Not really that into RM which is lucky as they’re out of my league!

I’ve really struggled to broaden my collection as tend to be a sucker for Rolex, AP, and Patek.

I’ve tried others including Omega, TAG, JLC, Bremont, Tudor etc. but they struggle for wrist time.

My problem is that I have pretty small wrists and I like sports watches, so I’m pretty limited in my options.

Currently looking for something quite different so might go Patek 5524G which is very different to anything else I’ve had, and also considering a Parmigiani Toric which is a total departure from the norm.

I really fancy a Ceramic Royal Oak Perpetual but I can’t see myself getting on a list for one of them sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 10:16 AM   #9
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
U like the ladies ones?
I like the green, white and orange ones that Nadal and some other sportsmen wears. I don't know their reference numbers though.

My wife also likes the bonbon collection, esp the one that looks like candy.

I will buy both mens and ladies if I have the means.
Old 4 July 2019, 10:16 AM   #10
Fat_ninja
Banned

These are the 2 watches. ...

Not my wrist
Old 4 July 2019, 10:19 AM   #11
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:

Not my wrist

Love the AP!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 10:30 AM   #12
benzng
"TRF" Member

I joined the club when I purchased a used RM 005 FM edition. Its a nice simple watch light and something of a conversation piece as people seldom see RM watches in my side of the woods.
benzng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 10:40 AM   #13
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Zero interest in RM
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 10:48 AM   #14
mrN
"TRF" Member

I have few of them, currently my favorite brand, I think it’s quite differential from what you see elsewhere!

Get it if you can, I doubt you’ll regret it at all.

Cheers

mrN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 10:51 AM   #15
aproo
"TRF" Member

Ninja, RM is a great looking watch with pressence and the design sits very comfortably on the wrist. They go well in both formal and casual settings. RM 30 is a nice design but many owners will feel that RM 11 is the one to get. I still prefer the older 11 design, the new NTPT does not work for me.

If you are buying brand new, you should be good due to the warranty they provide. If buying used, you have to factor in the cost of repair (if out of warranty) because it can be astronomical. Usually i have seen people buying used will need a repair.

The fun part of RM is the changing of the straps and even the straps are hard to get and have to be ordered which takes months.

Good luck in your choices.

Cheers.
aproo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 11:00 AM   #16
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Wife say no when I told her, I'll be getting the 67-02 the underwear strap version....

Notice the cheaper the strap is..... The more expensive they are.....

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 11:23 AM   #17
watchshot94
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 36
Quote:

Not my wrist

AP.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
watchshot94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 11:29 AM   #18
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Much like other brands all the appealing RM are impossible to get. Certainly wouldn’t want to have to build a relationship with RM. Most of the entry level ones are meh
Old 4 July 2019, 01:11 PM   #19
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I completely don't get RM. Although Hollywood and pro athletes love them, I just don't see why anyone else would want one. I'd be totally shocked if they have the staying power of classic Rolexes and Pateks 10 and 20 years down the road.
Old 4 July 2019, 01:12 PM   #20
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:

Not my wrist
Hopefully the "not my wrist" RM pic is of a 6 year old trying on daddy's watch.
Old 4 July 2019, 01:28 PM   #21
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aproo View Post
Ninja, RM is a great looking watch with pressence and the design sits very comfortably on the wrist. They go well in both formal and casual settings. RM 30 is a nice design but many owners will feel that RM 11 is the one to get. I still prefer the older 11 design, the new NTPT does not work for me.

If you are buying brand new, you should be good due to the warranty they provide. If buying used, you have to factor in the cost of repair (if out of warranty) because it can be astronomical. Usually i have seen people buying used will need a repair.

The fun part of RM is the changing of the straps and even the straps are hard to get and have to be ordered which takes months.

Good luck in your choices.

Cheers.

Thanks man, if I buy it’ll be new so there will be the warrantee...I’d like to get it with a white strap if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
Wife say no when I told her, I'll be getting the 67-02 the underwear strap version....

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Much like other brands all the appealing RM are impossible to get. Certainly wouldn’t want to have to build a relationship with RM. Most of the entry level ones are meh
I definitely cannot afford to build a relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
I completely don't get RM. Although Hollywood and pro athletes love them, I just don't see why anyone else would want one. I'd be totally shocked if they have the staying power of classic Rolexes and Pateks 10 and 20 years down the road.

I do worry about this ... especially at this price level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Hopefully the "not my wrist" RM pic is of a 6 year old trying on daddy's watch.
It will likely look like that on me lol
Old 4 July 2019, 02:09 PM   #22
sgfortino
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post

I tried on one of the 67-02s and was blown away. It weighed literally nothing with the underwear strap on it. Love that one but can’t justify it for the price. Like others have said, it seems like something the bottom could fall out from under when the next new and trendy thing gets picked up with athletes and Hollywood.
sgfortino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 02:56 PM   #23
DR.Golf
"TRF" Member

My collecting journey has brought me to RM, and I must say I really aporiciate them. They aren’t for everyone, but what brand is? I have over 30 watches currently and 3 RM. of all those watches the RM get worn the most. Keep in mind it’s summer and a sporty look is in. I have 5070P, 5170P, 5270P, 5370P, in Nautilus I have 5711 both dials, 5990 5980, 5164A. I have platona, Batman, Pepsi, hulk several Journe. Etc etc.

WARNING - The RM”s have a place and are addictive.
Also - if you think Patek are tough to acquire, ha ha, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Try getting a NPTP black RM-11-03 or any other 11-03 for that matter. A Bubba, ha. A Nadal 35-02 black, no chance -none, grey or preowned only. These make a 5711 look like a Breitling when it comes to difficulty to acquire. You need to step in and get started then buy some big boy pieces to get a recognition piece like one of those. Think about the 5711 bought at retail, dealer is handing you $40k or more. Some of these RM’s are like handing you $100,000 plus.

Let’s be honest, has RM developed as a watchmaker to create highly complicated watches that no one else can duplicate the complication? no. But what they have done is create these in materials no one else has tried or been successful. Where they have excelled is in marketing.

One last thing, when you wear one it will be noticed. If you only want to have your watches fly under the radar, run away from RM. more people than you think can identify the brand. Here are mine, the 67 Rose is great with a suit or casual. The others are just fun.

The brand is polarizing no doubt but if you want a sports watch, I don’t know of anything more sporty. Those who bash them likely have never handled one much. One other thing, if you think some AD’s for various brands can be, shall we say difficult, expect nothing less here too. It takes time to build a relationship. RM expects a lot from the clients and they reward them accordingly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C6F59043-B22A-48CB-9AF6-7A443649EE88.jpeg (252.1 KB, 1316 views)
File Type: jpeg 899BB3C3-4B28-4BF6-B49A-C1DFD870C120.jpeg (251.8 KB, 1302 views)
File Type: jpeg 6D56B341-2997-453F-A344-A4E702D4DDF6.jpeg (283.7 KB, 1303 views)
DR.Golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 02:59 PM   #24
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
I like the bubba wubba...I mean bubba watson. Realistically the 67 in titanium, rose, or WG are probably the ones I gravitate towards. Ultra slim, skeletonized etc. Don't own any yet.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 03:08 PM   #25
mnl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15450ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.Golf View Post
My collecting journey has brought me to RM, and I must say I really aporiciate them. They aren’t for everyone, but what brand is? I have over 30 watches currently and 3 RM. of all those watches the RM get worn the most. Keep in mind it’s summer and a sporty look is in. I have 5070P, 5170P, 5270P, 5370P, in Nautilus I have 5711 both dials, 5990 5980, 5164A. I have platona, Batman, Pepsi, hulk several Journe. Etc etc.

WARNING - The RM”s have a place and are addictive.
Also - if you think Patek are tough to acquire, ha ha, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Try getting a NPTP black RM-11-03 or any other 11-03 for that matter. A Bubba, ha. A Nadal 35-02 black, no chance -none, grey or preowned only. These make a 5711 look like a Breitling when it comes to difficulty to acquire. You need to step in and get started then buy some big boy pieces to get a recognition piece like one of those. Think about the 5711 bought at retail, dealer is handing you $40k or more. Some of these RM’s are like handing you $100,000 plus.

Let’s be honest, has RM developed as a watchmaker to create highly complicated watches that no one else can duplicate the complication? no. But what they have done is create these in materials no one else has tried or been successful. Where they have excelled is in marketing.

One last thing, when you wear one it will be noticed. If you only want to have your watches fly under the radar, run away from RM. more people than you think can identify the brand. Here are mine, the 67 Rose is great with a suit or casual. The others are just fun.

The brand is polarizing no doubt but if you want a sports watch, I don’t know of anything more sporty. Those who bash them likely have never handled one much. One other thing, if you think some AD’s for various brands can be, shall we say difficult, expect nothing less here too. It takes time to build a relationship. RM expects a lot from the clients and they reward them accordingly.

What a collection, those look great! The Rafa in particular is incredible. Can’t imagine what they’re like in person!
mnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 03:10 PM   #26
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Also - if you think Patek are tough to acquire, ha ha, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Try getting a NPTP black RM-11-03 or any other 11-03 for that matter. A Bubba, ha. A Nadal 35-02 black, no chance -none, grey or preowned only.
Great collection!

Quote:
I definitely cannot afford to build a relationship.
I won't be surprised if a variant of the RM11-03 appear on the wrist of ninja's kid next week, and the Nadal 35-02 appearing on ninja's wrist the week after.

He is ninja.
Old 4 July 2019, 03:49 PM   #27
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
My collecting journey has brought me to RM, and I must say I really aporiciate them. They aren’t for everyone, but what brand is? I have over 30 watches currently and 3 RM.

Your RMs look amazing on you but on many people they look so bad that the owners only possible reason for buying the watch is to display their wealth. Although I really wanted a RM 2-3 years ago I’ve now realised its not for me and I’m 50/50 on the longevity of the brand, in the main RM doesn’t seem to attract watch people.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 04:26 PM   #28
ct.matt
"TRF" Member

Buy your wife the cotton candy one and steal her 5990
ct.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 05:16 PM   #29
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
I find myself continually going into the RM store. I walked into the store today and put my name down on a RM-030 to see if there’s a slot open. I haven’t committed to it yet. But i feel like if its not the next 6 months... maybe the following 6 months?

I also went to AP but was interested in an AP summer edition ROO That apparently was a short run (rose gold white dial 42mm chrono with 44mm pushers and a white strap. Edit this was not available

How did u guys think about braoadening out ur collection? Which path have you gone. BTW I’m not stopping my Patek buying... I’m thinking of additional watches that might be fun.

I keep coming back to RM. feels like the RM 30 is the same size as the 11-02.

What u guys think?
I have tried desperately to source the Summer Edition from AP but they have sold out Worldwide. Its 44mm btw unless you are talking about a different watch?

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/wa....OO.A010CA.01/
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 05:43 PM   #30
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Not a brand for me, don’t like the look or the attention. But so what, I have pieces that are just as divisive so if it appeals why not.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote