The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 April 2020, 04:54 AM   #31
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
No.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2020, 05:51 AM   #32
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
My AD is closed. I texted my SA a couple days before they did but haven’t since. The store will be fine when it reopens but I hope they all keep their jobs.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2020, 05:59 AM   #33
RJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Some of these AD's might not be opening...ever again.
And I really hope not...but this article I found interesting from today.
Not that I give CNN much credit these days for real journalism, but here you go :

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/busin...rus/index.html
RJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2020, 06:33 AM   #34
MillyS
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060, 126710BLNR
My AD is closed, but certain SA's are working from home (remote sales for later pick up) and some have been furloughed - depending on the size of their client bank. I was informed that they were receiving a shipment - that's how I secured my Sub (though pick up will be once the lockdown is over).

I assume a fair number of ADs have a decent stock of ss models that they stored away and are now clearing to help with cashflow.
MillyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2020, 06:37 AM   #35
R@lex
"TRF" Member

Watch: dd40 228235
Selling directly to grey dealers, that will sell you at premium!
Old 9 April 2020, 06:50 AM   #36
Arcticsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJG View Post
Some of these AD's might not be opening...ever again.
[/url]
Serious depression incoming so makes perfect sense that spending money on jewelry will take an enormous hit.

Rolex will take a serious hit too. 2020 will probably be their worst year ever.
Arcticsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2020, 08:34 AM   #37
WCHROLX
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon-turbo View Post
They could still be selling to VIPs thru phone calls/delivery
Possibly because my neighbor just got his first Rolex from ADs for the first time yesterday.
WCHROLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2020, 12:32 PM   #38
pav333hp
"TRF" Member

Some are working on appt bases with customers who are interested in what they have in their inventory. Some are selling backdoor to grey dealers. Most are not getting any new inventory, just selling off what they currently have.
pav333hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2020, 11:36 PM   #39
tomallen
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex SubC,GMTIIC
My AD closed all of their stores three weeks ago. They send emails every few days with virus updates and well wishes. Today the email has specially curated collections for on line sale. The link went right to Rolex watches. No stock list or availability but I did inquire about a 126710BLOR at 9700.00. We will see what happens
Old 10 April 2020, 12:53 AM   #40
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Private meetings for mine but I would suspect not all are the same. I have purchased a couple pieces since all this mess started and have one more inbound next week.
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 01:09 AM   #41
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

Dreaming up excuses for why they can't get you or won't sell you the watch you want.
Old 10 April 2020, 01:39 AM   #42
640ibimmerguy
"TRF" Member

My Local AD is closed, I've emailed and no response. The other AD in the area is working by appointment. The shopping center they're in just announced free rent for the month.

Keep this in mind too...some dealers are getting free rent, the gov't is offering them PPP/SBA loans that are forgivable after 90 days as long as they used and can prove the funds were used to keep 75% of their employees employed. So they might not be hurting as bad as one might think. At least right now anyway...

We will see what the state of the economy looks like in 3-4 months. It's still far to early to know the real economic impact of this whole thing.
640ibimmerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 01:44 AM   #43
WatchGuy1966
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Scott View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they are closed to the public not to themselves. If correct, perhaps they are still receiving whatever jewelry, watches, office supplies, etc they may have ordered. Also, some AD's that are technicians may be catching up on bench work along with other duties like-inventorying, cleaning, etc.
It depends on the local order. In San Francisco, they are non-essential. So mostly it's only payroll and functions like that.
WatchGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 02:53 AM   #44
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

I’m just looking forward to mine opening so I can buy college graduation gift.
Old 10 April 2020, 05:06 AM   #45
Carew
"TRF" Member

behind closed doors the world of buisness sorta keeps going during the crisis
Carew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 05:07 AM   #46
JK911
Banned

Watch: 116500LN Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDhc View Post
They can pass directly to grey dealers.
Sadly true. May not be directly.. but indirectly.
JK911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 05:07 AM   #47
Rags2Rolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub ND/GMT II SS
Yes Agreed, they need to inventory all those Rolex's they didn't sell to the public that they will keep shiny & ready for VIP and everyday people that wanted a watch!
Rags2Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 05:11 AM   #48
JK911
Banned

Watch: 116500LN Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchGuy1966 View Post
It depends on the local order. In San Francisco, they are non-essential. So mostly it's only payroll and functions like that.
Fourtane is "closed" but "open". They're still following up, checking in on clientele, and shipping watches. My AD called me last week about a DJ41 white dial, fluted on jubilee. Said they can take the transaction over the phone and ship same day.

I passed and told them to call when I'm on top of the Daytona list
JK911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 05:24 AM   #49
mg Barcelona
Banned

AD's are trying to offload anything to anyone through emails and phone calls, going through every list they have. Stock checks have been done, amazingly subs have appeared from the safe. The public are being reassured that pick up will happen when the store reopens. The email you receive offering you this exclusive opportunity smells of panic. Thats what the AD's are doing.
mg Barcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 05:38 AM   #50
Big J
"TRF" Member

Just spoke with my sales associate. They are working from home, but says they are still receiving shipments.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 06:12 AM   #51
NurseNess
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Hey all! Been lurking for some time. Mayors in the USA or at least South FL, is taking phone sales. I reached out in regards to a Sub no date and the manager reached out. He said they have all their pieces that were shipped in at a central location/warehouse, and are shipping out from there. Hopefully I'll be posting an incoming sometime next week. It would be my first Rolex.
NurseNess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 08:51 AM   #52
Merkaholic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 41, Datej
I had a call a 2 weeks ago, after the lockdown from my ad. He was working from home as you would expect and he said if I was interested I could have a 126710 BLNR immediately when the store would open. He said I would have to pay a 50% deposit which I was not comfortable with so they happily reduced it down to a figure of my choice. They had a online payment portal specially set up for this type of transaction as it was something they have never done/offerd before. I played safe and paid by CC. He said the deposit is fully refundable and I have 30 days to collect the piece once the store is open.

My AD made it clear that they were only selling what they had left in stock at head office and not a deposit for a piece which will be supplied at their discretion.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Merkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 10:21 AM   #53
Sunstreaker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNess View Post
Hey all! Been lurking for some time. Mayors in the USA or at least South FL, is taking phone sales. I reached out in regards to a Sub no date and the manager reached out. He said they have all their pieces that were shipped in at a central location/warehouse, and are shipping out from there. Hopefully I'll be posting an incoming sometime next week. It would be my first Rolex.
You called one time, asked for a Sub and simply got it? Just like that, no push back or usual BS?
Sunstreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 10:44 AM   #54
Recondope
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K997 View Post
You called one time, asked for a Sub and simply got it? Just like that, no push back or usual BS?
This is happening more frequently with AD's trying to unload stock and with many previously interested parties declining purchase. You may just luck out if you inquire. YMMV.
Recondope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 10:46 AM   #55
dimag333
"TRF" Member

I had mine ship me a watch today, but I had to go through the store manager. She seemed worried that there would be an extreme drop off in demand, I was surprised she was so candid, she literally called me from the safe and took pics of what she had so I could choose

steve
dimag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 10:49 AM   #56
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
My AD says they are still moving stock over the phone via credit card
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 11:34 AM   #57
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by s46 View Post
no new shipments
stores all closed
few private sales
they not selling much
some AD's will be toast soon if they dont reopen
This about sums it up.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 12:14 PM   #58
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecutter6 View Post
Currently the AD I purchased from is closed. However they are suing the time to renovate some of their custom jewelry manufacturing area in the back. I was also told, in an email response from a request for an Explorer II Polar dial, that no new shipments would be arriving until the factory reopened. They are a great family owned business, but I do know 100% the owner kept a good deal of "special" pieces in the safe before the shutdowns occurred.

I’m in a similar boat with my AD. They have a watch I’m wanting in their safe. Said I could get it and have it sized curbside. Told them I’d snatch it when things cleared up. I think living through all of this mess and coming out clean on the other side will be cause enough for a new piece. When that will be? Unfortunately I don’t have a magic.
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 08:50 PM   #59
Sephiroth
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNess View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 10:11 PM   #60
James5599
"TRF" Member

Watch: D blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
I had a call a 2 weeks ago, after the lockdown from my ad. He was working from home as you would expect and he said if I was interested I could have a 126710 BLNR immediately when the store would open. He said I would have to pay a 50% deposit which I was not comfortable with so they happily reduced it down to a figure of my choice. They had a online payment portal specially set up for this type of transaction as it was something they have never done/offerd before. I played safe and paid by CC. He said the deposit is fully refundable and I have 30 days to collect the piece once the store is open.

My AD made it clear that they were only selling what they had left in stock at head office and not a deposit for a piece which will be supplied at their discretion.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Online payment portal ? Was it a third party who processed/received the payment?!
If so your S75 credit card protection doesn’t apply.

Sure it’s not an issue , and the AD will still be standing after all of this, but don’t assume that you’re covered with a credit card automatically, there are caveats.
James5599 is offline   Reply With Quote