Old 15 August 2006, 10:35 PM   #1
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Second Alpha Chronograph

Well cannot believe the quality and finish on a sub £50 all working mechanical
chronograph watch.The first one white dial,still running consistent + 8 secs
a day.This black dial one is for my oldest grandson,now I emailed the seller on
Ebay,I have quite a large wrist,and the white dialled one was quite tight.In the package 2 extra links free of charge,now that is service for you.Have not had time yet to put it on timing machine,but off the wrist, dial up on a full wind over 36 hours has gained 2 seconds,very good again.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2006, 05:05 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Now that's excellent value for money coupled with some top class service. Congrats and wear it in good health, Padi!!

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2006, 12:04 PM   #3
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Another stunner Padi Alpha gives one great value for the money. Nice service on the links also.

In person, which dial is better looking?
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2006, 06:22 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Another stunner Padi Alpha gives one great value for the money. Nice service on the links also.

In person, which dial is better looking?
Well Paulie IMO the white dial with the black subs,the black dial is more a grey black,but both outstanding value for money.How long they will last thats another story,but I can only speak as I find.The movement is well finished and very accurate,same with the case and bracelet.Now if it was fitted with a sapphire,or mineral crystal instead of a plastic, it would be the bloody bargain of the century.Put it this way I would have been quite happy what I paid for the complete watch,to have paid only for the bracelet alone.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 16 August 2006, 06:45 PM   #5
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well Paulie IMO the white dial with the black subs,the black dial is more a grey black,but both outstanding value for money.How long they will last thats another story,but I can only speak as I find.The movement is well finished and very accurate,same with the case and bracelet.Now if it was fitted with a sapphire,or mineral crystal instead of a plastic, it would be the bloody bargain of the century.Put it this way I would have been quite happy what I paid for the complete watch,to have paid only for the bracelet alone.
Thanks man
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2006, 01:07 AM   #6
mike
"TRF" Member

Sweet!!
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2006, 04:56 AM   #7
mamas
"TRF" Member

very nice looking watch Peter! your grandsons are lucky boys!
mamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2006, 10:16 PM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamas View Post
very nice looking watch Peter! your grandsons are lucky boys!
Well Mamas he will have to wait a week he has gone away for a weeks fishing.But this black dial Alpha has amazed me,just sat in the box,but fully wound each morning so far gained only two seconds in six days.So amazing I had to get the back off to check it was not a Quartz movement.But there it was the Chinese copy, of the now patent free,out of production, Venus 170.So the old saying is ringing true about these Alpha watches.Never judge the sausage by the skin, these two up till now, are two of the most accurate watches I have seen any mechanical brand.And my only gripe, wish they had sapphire crystal,but for less than £50 a watch, perhaps I am wanting blood as well.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club