The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 1 May 2010, 12:49 PM   #1
franksremote

Watch: IWC DaVinci 3750
Icon5 May not be fake, but cause to be weary of similar movement vintage chronos 4 sale...

Looking at the pics of the model and serial inscriptions between the lugs (for the Rolex model 6034), it looks a lot like they are the long E variants, but then again, maybe not as they do kind of seem to be a hair shorter than the top stroke. The inscriptions on the inside of the caseback aren't the normal Rolex variety adding to the wariness. But as I'm not completely up on vintage chronos the opinions from the experts here would be educational to all, I would think.

Nonetheless, this seller's got a lot of Valjoux 72 driven Vintage watches and that just seems a little too convenient. So, without further adue, what say you TRF experts?

[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290429694527[/link]

[link]http://shop.ebay.com/kstar1977/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340[/link]

Seller has a fair amount of feedback and the one (1) negative feedback appears to be a genuine "mistake" as his reply rings possible according to his claim that the buyer wanted a lower amount marked for customs. I'd be inclined to take a chance if in the market for one of these chronos, but then again that's why I'm inquiring here first...
franksremote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 01:17 PM   #2
achova
"TRF" Member

Watch: it vary.
I would definitely agree with the sentiment that his looks questionable. I purchased a vintage 'Rolex Chrono' on theBay recently that is very similar. There were a few posts but the posting in which I ask my questions is at: http://www.network54.com/Forum/20759...ge/1271529552/

In the end there were elements with the case, case-back, dial, movement (did I miss anything?), each of which would disqualify it. I provided a line-by-line response to the seller and I received a full refund. I regret that this may just lead to better fakes in the future and it may be best to minimize public discussion of tell-tale items. That said, the movement in 3481 the watch I was high bidder was not up to Rolex level of finish and and the case-back machining seems oddly out of place on each...

Caveat emptor!

Tags
primero , rolex , valjoux 72 , zenith