The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11 March 2021, 07:36 AM   #181
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
really nice gesture to give the guy who got him that scotch an explorer as part of a tip, guy looked so happy lol
It wasn’t a tip, instead of paying him for the bottle he gave him the watch and told marco he would pay the difference of the watch.. Either way it was nice of him
Old 11 March 2021, 07:41 AM   #182
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i think eventually he's gonna have more luxury content like going on trips to visit rich clients, supercar vlogs, etc. right now it kind of reminds me of million dollar listings so that might be where he's going with it

I think the MDL comparison is a good one. If they added a couple more watch dealers and bounced back and forth between. Could make for some fun TV. The show would fit right in on Bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 March 2021, 07:51 AM   #183
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarexplorerii View Post
It wasn’t a tip, instead of paying him for the bottle he gave him the watch and told marco he would pay the difference of the watch.. Either way it was nice of him
well he owed the guy ~4500 no? and gave him an explorer instead. so he gave a few thousand on top, because he asked the guy if he was making anything off it and when the guy said no he said he would want him to
Old 11 March 2021, 07:57 AM   #184
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
I think the MDL comparison is a good one. If they added a couple more watch dealers and bounced back and forth between. Could make for some fun TV. The show would fit right in on Bravo.

this last episode particularly reminded me of it when he visited the other dealer and client lol
Old 11 March 2021, 08:49 AM   #185
BobMartian
Banned

Quote:
well he owed the guy ~4500 no? and gave him an explorer instead. so he gave a few thousand on top, because he asked the guy if he was making anything off it and when the guy said no he said he would want him to

If someone paid me with a Rolex I would need to have it authenticated ASAP
Old 11 March 2021, 09:06 AM   #186
TradingLoss
Banned

Watch: Kamasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMartian View Post
If someone paid me with a Rolex I would need to have it authenticated ASAP
+1 this, I'm expecting some drama episodes in the future. either partner drama, past drama, robbery drama, liquidity crunch drama.

#popcorn.
Old 11 March 2021, 10:47 AM   #187
asloper6001
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TradingLoss View Post
+1 this, I'm expecting some drama episodes in the future. either partner drama, past drama, robbery drama, liquidity crunch drama.

#popcorn.
Yeah then we will have to determine if the drama is fabricated or not. Maybe Anthony puts Marco in headlock or something. Then a backpack dealer jumps off the top ropes! Just throwing ideas out there! haha

Following the pawn stars cast, we still need a grumpy old man, a know it all, a know it all jr trying to live up to know it all sr, and a class clown. Plus some cool special guests.
Old 11 March 2021, 10:54 AM   #188
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by asloper6001 View Post
Yeah then we will have to determine if the drama is fabricated or not. Maybe Anthony puts Marco in headlock or something. Then a backpack dealer jumps off the top ropes! Just throwing ideas out there! haha

Following the pawn stars cast, we still need a grumpy old man, a know it all, a know it all jr trying to live up to know it all sr, and a class clown. Plus some cool special guests.
let me call my buddy who is an expert in casting old grumpy men.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 11 March 2021, 11:10 AM   #189
asloper6001
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
let me call my buddy who is an expert in casting old grumpy men.
Old 12 March 2021, 08:36 AM   #190
chieftd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Sub, YM16623
Just watched his latest video from today and he is addressing forum questions. I assume it’s this forum he his referring to, but could be another forum. He shed some light on the AD/Gray market relationship.

So far, i like his videos. Entertaining the way he formats and edits.

Cheers, Tim
Old 12 March 2021, 10:02 AM   #191
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

You have to give him some respect, he has turned his life around.
Old 12 March 2021, 10:08 AM   #192
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
You have to give him some respect, he has turned his life around.

100%

I want to get in the gym with that guy!
Old 16 March 2021, 09:34 PM   #193
interestedwatcher
2024 Pledge Member

Another episode, was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPgc...pieceGentleman
Old 24 March 2021, 04:47 AM   #194
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

haven't watched this week's ep yet but based on the title/preview/his instagram stories it looks like the posts here that wanted interactions with other dealers and luxury content had their wishes fulfilled lol
Old 24 March 2021, 12:58 PM   #195
TradingLoss
Banned

The Philippines one is funny, they came when they're not allowed to travel from there to the USA because of an indefinite lockdown? An exception to buy a watch and skip a quarantine? I doubt it. That fam likely already lives in America, taking a check? A foreign one? I doubt it as well. That's just another extravagant twist for the show.

I like the watches though.
Old 31 March 2021, 01:03 PM   #196
JodyHighroller
Banned

I saw a comment on one of their insta posts that apparently TPG threatened to out a flipper to their AD when said flipper changed their mind and decided not to sell his watch to TPG. Interesting way of conducting business?
Old 31 March 2021, 01:18 PM   #197
goodolejr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
I saw a comment on one of their insta posts that apparently TPG threatened to out a flipper to their AD when said flipper changed their mind and decided not to sell his watch to TPG. Interesting way of conducting business?

Link or screenshot?

Old 31 March 2021, 02:09 PM   #198
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I saw it too.

Anthony seems to take things such as "breaking deals" very personally, this has been shown on video. Not saying that he is in the wrong to get frustrated, but that can lead to anger and the nasty stuff that goes with it.

Clearly they have some cashflow struggles and a broken buy deal, leads to a broken sale, which can cascade into other shortfalls.

It's a tough business. There are a lot of "characters" behind the scenes in the watch market, some of whom aren't the most pleasant or stable to do business with.
Old 31 March 2021, 11:09 PM   #199
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
I saw it too.

Anthony seems to take things such as "breaking deals" very personally, this has been shown on video. Not saying that he is in the wrong to get frustrated, but that can lead to anger and the nasty stuff that goes with it.

Clearly they have some cashflow struggles and a broken buy deal, leads to a broken sale, which can cascade into other shortfalls.

It's a tough business. There are a lot of "characters" behind the scenes in the watch market, some of whom aren't the most pleasant or stable to do business with.
i saw the same on thewristwatcher's instagram (to a lesser extent). he posted a rant a few weeks ago about how people back out of deals constantly and it's one of their most hated things
Old 1 April 2021, 02:52 AM   #200
asloper6001
2024 Pledge Member

No clip this week?
Old 1 April 2021, 02:53 AM   #201
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asloper6001 View Post
No clip this week?
pushed back to friday, supposedly a 2 hour long clip + they were in vegas
Old 1 April 2021, 03:33 AM   #202
asloper6001
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
pushed back to friday, supposedly a 2 hour long clip + they were in vegas

ohhh hell lol. thanks!
Old 1 April 2021, 05:06 AM   #203
Johngalt1
Banned

Quote:
really nice gesture to give the guy who got him that scotch an explorer as part of a tip, guy looked so happy lol
It was a trade that worked out well for him.
Old 3 April 2021, 03:36 PM   #204
JodyHighroller
Banned

Some heat going on between AC3 and TPG in this episode. Archie started it, but it was a bit tasteless to get that personal from Marco and Anthony. It made AC3 so upset he put out a response video a few hours ago lol.

I also read some comments on the YT videos about potential PPP loan misuse with TPG. Not sure if there’s any truth to that, but interesting that someone would mention it.
Old 3 April 2021, 06:56 PM   #205
TradingLoss
Banned

Icon14

Quote:
Some heat going on between AC3 and TPG in this episode. Archie started it, but it was a bit tasteless to get that personal from Marco and Anthony. It made AC3 so upset he put out a response video a few hours ago lol.

I also read some comments on the YT videos about potential PPP loan misuse with TPG. Not sure if there’s any truth to that, but interesting that someone would mention it.
I'm with the pontiff, he's a beast.
Old 3 April 2021, 07:34 PM   #206
TradingLoss
Banned

Icon14

Quote:
potential PPP loan misuse with TPG.

Popcorn to this***

He seems leveraged to the hilt and illiquid AF. Imagine when the SS thin margin market collapses.
Old 3 April 2021, 07:42 PM   #207
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
I recently sold a watch to a reputable gray dealer on here (not TPG). I only wore it may 8-10 times for a few hours each time. The watch was pretty much flawless, but the gray added full links back in and is advertising it as unworn. I know it’s mine on his site because I recognize the warranty card in the photo as it had a blemish when I bought it was new at the AD.
Yep I know many gray dealers that do this as well. Its not actually BNIB but they all advertise it as it was because no one will be able to prove its not.

Heck there are some grays on here who advertise watches as new BNIB and all the stickers have dirt under the stickers and dirt under the bezel/lugs etc....its obvious its not new but they still say fully stickered BNIB. LOL

Its sooooooooo obvious its been worn with the stickers on.
Old 3 April 2021, 10:42 PM   #208
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
I recently sold a watch to a reputable gray dealer on here (not TPG). I only wore it may 8-10 times for a few hours each time. The watch was pretty much flawless, but the gray added full links back in and is advertising it as unworn. I know it’s mine on his site because I recognize the warranty card in the photo as it had a blemish when I bought it was new at the AD.
If this is 100% accurate, that dealer is not reputable....
Old 4 April 2021, 12:40 AM   #209
md3113
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I enjoy the videos, but they seem very disorganized. Not sure who sent a watch, if a seller has been paid, if there is money in this account, too many phone calls/emails/dm’s to keep up with, etc.
Old 4 April 2021, 04:29 AM   #210
RyanJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by md3113 View Post
I enjoy the videos, but they seem very disorganized. Not sure who sent a watch, if a seller has been paid, if there is money in this account, too many phone calls/emails/dm’s to keep up with, etc.
You pretty much described almost every startup / small business that is growing quickly.

Most never let you see behind the curtain so from the outside everything looks organized and neat when it most definitely is not.
Closed Thread