The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 December 2017, 02:46 AM   #121
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
tried to get the crop report early to cash in.

the winner ended up:
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 03:20 AM   #122
FSUGeoff
"TRF" Member

Watch: the Noles Score!
Quote:
Originally Posted by locdoc11 View Post
yes, they are going to discontinue it and replace it with the deepsea with a green bezel and dial. It will be known as the bulk.
lol
Old 19 December 2017, 03:27 AM   #123
outtatime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by japenney View Post
15-20k immediately for bnib.
I sure hope so, I’m sitting on one right now!

Scratches ≠ "Character"
outtatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 04:45 AM   #124
ALF61
"TRF" Member

LOL !!!! You guys crack me up. Keep self feeding the forum. There are tons of watches that I would buy before a discontinued Hulk---SD 43 Deepsea Deep Blue etc etc. yeah yeah just keep your Hulk I wish you tons of enjoyment in good health.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 05:19 AM   #125
Buzzlite
"TRF" Member

Add me to the club. Pulled the trigger today. Incoming tomorrow. Payed a premium but had my eye on one of these watches for a long time but little freaked they do discontinue and then I would face even more a premium ha
Buzzlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 05:34 AM   #126
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
378,000 Thai baht equals to $12,293.00 dollars....

This is the price in Thailand since there a shortage on the Sub LVc......

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ThailandLVC price.jpg (75.4 KB, 254 views)

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 07:23 AM   #127
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
LOL !!!! You guys crack me up. Keep self feeding the forum. There are tons of watches that I would buy before a discontinued Hulk---SD 43 Deepsea Deep Blue etc etc. yeah yeah just keep your Hulk I wish you tons of enjoyment in good health.
The reality of the LVc shortage goes way beyond those that participate on the forum.
Why post this other than a back handed complement??? Fortunately for you, many of our trusted forum sellers have all the models you plan on purchasing now.
Old 19 December 2017, 07:26 AM   #128
aquatimerfla
Banned

Forget the LV

D-blue is the watch to purchase. Only a matter of time before discontinued.

Way less production than the 116610LV or 16610LV for that matter.

Rolex is doing the bait and switch. Dont say you were not warned!
aquatimerfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 07:29 AM   #129
hulkalicious
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatimerfla View Post
Forget the LV

That may be so however the general consensus of which watch 'most' people would actually wear (assuming your not rich and have 9 watches) is the Sub over the Deepsea. I had the d-blue and sold it eventually even with the diver extension out it was just to big/heavy/thick.
hulkalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 07:37 AM   #130
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
The reality of the LVc shortage goes way beyond those that participate on the forum.
Why post this other than a back handed complement??? Fortunately for you, many of our trusted forum sellers have all the models you plan on purchasing now.
Sure they do ! at much better reasonable prices. Before the Hulk goes to 15K to 20K however, I´d pay less for either of those other watches.

However no matter how you look at things, I am not one to EVER pay above retail or a used watch, and yes BNIB from a gray qualifies as such.
Old 19 December 2017, 07:40 AM   #131
aquatimerfla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkalicious View Post
That may be so however the general consensus of which watch 'most' people would actually wear (assuming your not rich and have 9 watches) is the Sub over the Deepsea. I had the d-blue and sold it eventually even with the diver extension out it was just to big/heavy/thick.
To each their own. To many the recently discontinued SD4K was too small. To many the 16610 models were to small. Hence today we have the 'perfect' SD43 or so they say and the maxi-case Submariners.

Either way. Collectors/Speculators are a funny bunch and the reality says when history looks back that the DSSD Blue will be ultra rare compared to the 116610LV.

Whats funny though is reading some people sitting on or purchasing D-blues or 116610LVs to 'flip' once said model is discontinued. Its a shame that Rolex is all about the 'flip' these days as opposed to a watch that people purchase to actually wear and keep. Besides wouldent it be better to wear the 116610LV for the next 20 years and hand down to a son/daughter? Grandchild?? Let them reap the rewards of selling or owning a high value sought after watch.

I am truly sad of what Rolex has become the past 12 months as I have no interest in playing the 'speculating' game or buying a watch because it has 'value'.

I will never pay more than MSRP for a brand new watch ever. I also wear all my watches and if they go up in value so be it but to immediatly flip for a lousy $5000 profit?

Isnt owning a sought after discontinued model worth more than the paltry profit???

I understand if one owns 20 and sells all of them for a quick $100000.

hypotheticals of course
Old 19 December 2017, 07:44 AM   #132
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatimerfla View Post
Forget the LV

I don’t think majority of those purchasing the LVc are doing it as a “investment”. It’s just a watch and no modern Rolex is a (good) investment. Buy what you like to wear as watches are a extension of their owner.

The DSSD is a tough model for the masses to embrace do to its size and heft. The DSSD bracelet transition into the head of the watch is another controversial design element. The Submariner will always be Rolex’s mass appeal dive watch. Too much history as a icon.

On a side note,...the James Cameron connection with a Rolex is a potentiall liability. What if James Cameron gets called out as another Hollywood sex abuser and his reputation is flushed away like Harvey Weinstein? There is a huge risk connecting a watch to a living person as their reputation as well as the watch can be compromised.
Old 19 December 2017, 07:45 AM   #133
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Im glad i never had the green fever. If it was a no date that would be a different story.
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 07:57 AM   #134
aquatimerfla
Banned

Quote:
I don’t think majority of those purchasing the LVc are doing it as a “investment”. It’s just a watch and no modern Rolex is a (good) investment. Buy what you like to wear as watches are a extension of their owner.

The DSSD is a tough model for the masses to embrace do to its size and heft. The DSSD bracelet transition into the head of the watch is another controversial design element. The Submariner will always be Rolex’s mass appeal dive watch. Too much history as a icon.

On a side note,...the James Cameron connection with a Rolex is a potentiall liability. What if James Cameron gets called out as another Hollywood sex abuser and his reputation is flushed away like Harvey Weinstein? There is a huge risk connecting a watch to a living person as their reputation as well as the watch can be compromised.
I dont know about that. Half the reason why one can't get a daytona to 'wear' is because many purchase to sell immediately. This is whats happening with the LV in many cases right now.

DSSD is Rolex beast watch. I understand certain buyers wont wear it just as certain buyers wont wear a daytona

JC? Another Weinstein??? not likely however i see where you were going.

Just like the GREEN dial is unique so is the blue/black dial.

3 years ago Rolex couldent give away the SD4k. Now look at it. Rolex is the brand of speculators and flippers now. Im not a fan of the new Rolex. I am optimistic that 2018 will change things back to normal.
Old 19 December 2017, 07:58 AM   #135
hulkalicious
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LVC
Quote:

Very good point re Cameron however from watching countless documentaries about the man being he is my second favourite director and how he thinks/acts I just can't see him ever taking advantage of a woman, just not in his character plus he's supremely busy lol. Also, he tends to go for quite strong women mentally (Gale Ann Hurd/Linda Hamilton) so also doesn't lend itself to him being predatory in nature.
hulkalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 07:59 AM   #136
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

Watch the madness plays out here: https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=116610lv
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:05 AM   #137
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
33 Hulks on Ebay right now, 8 are under 10k
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:11 AM   #138
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkalicious View Post
Very good point re Cameron however from watching countless documentaries about the man being he is my second favourite director and how he thinks/acts I just can't see him ever taking advantage of a woman, just not in his character plus he's supremely busy lol. Also, he tends to go for quite strong women mentally (Gale Ann Hurd/Linda Hamilton) so also doesn't lend itself to him being predatory in nature.
^^^I hope not but a living person is too unpredictable. Hollywood seems to be feasting on itself every day.

One thing for sure is all this watch madness is only pushing the Rolex brand up even further. (I think this is the real motive Rolex is pulling all the strings like a master puppeteer).
Old 19 December 2017, 08:18 AM   #139
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

I don’t know about the rest of the world, but I do not think there is a shortage in the United States. I think it is just a hoax. Look at the for sale forums and you will see that there are many for sale. It seems that people are getting contacted by their authorized dealers buying them and then trying to flip them. I have never seen so many Hulks for sale.To anyone who wants to buy one I recommend they wait until after the new year perhaps into February and the prices will come down, simple supply and demand.

Edit:

Yep, look at this summary, what shortage?
https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=116610lv
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:27 AM   #140
aquatimerfla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
I don’t know about the rest of the world, but I do not think there is a shortage in the United States. I think it is just a hoax. Look at the for sale forums and you will see that there are many for sale. It seems that people are getting contacted by their authorized dealers buying them and then trying to flip them. I have never seen so many Hulks for sale.To anyone who wants to buy one I recommend they wait until after the new year perhaps into February and the prices will come down, simple supply and demand.

Edit:

Yep, look at this summary, what shortage?
https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=116610lv
Yes the resale market is flooded with rolex. Not sure how this 'helps' the brand however.

Submariners are a dime a dozen
Old 19 December 2017, 08:37 AM   #141
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by japenney View Post
15-20k immediately for bnib.
That is what greys would initially ask undoubtedly, but once the princes and rich kids of insta have had their fill I would hope sanity prevails and the price falls to a more reasonable premium for a discoed Sub.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:43 AM   #142
Buzzlite
"TRF" Member

The reason I just bought the LV with a premium is because I have always wanted one, to wear and never sell. I am dammed if I wait till it could be discontinued and end up doubling in price. I should have got one long time ago but like life, things can get put on the long finger
Buzzlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:56 AM   #143
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzlite View Post
The reason I just bought the LV with a premium is because I have always wanted one, to wear and never sell. I am dammed if I wait till it could be discontinued and end up doubling in price. I should have got one long time ago but like life, things can get put on the long finger

Good for you Buzz. If you’re planning on keeping it, the price isn’t too crazy, and you don’t want to wait, that’s the way to go. It doesn’t matter what others think. If you’re happy, that’s that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 09:36 AM   #144
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yea, at this price point, $500 or what ever over msrp shouldnt cause anyone to miss a meal or even feel it. Your time is worth money as well so getting one sooner to enjoy and avoid the running around is easy worth the premium to me.
Old 19 December 2017, 09:53 AM   #145
Mezz72
"TRF" Member

over here, i heard dealers are not taking in anymore at such prices as current stock can’t even move.
Mezz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 10:33 AM   #146
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You will grow out of it. So much green is not to be worn for life. Look for the style that never goes out of style. Cokes´s Pepsi´s and the like. The green fever will end one of these days.
Old 19 December 2017, 10:35 AM   #147
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezz72 View Post
over here, i heard dealers are not taking in anymore at such prices as current stock can’t even move.

Ditto that. My AD here says he does not order them anymore, because last year he had two show up and had to wait about six months to sell them.
Old 19 December 2017, 10:37 AM   #148
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
Ditto that. My AD here says he does not order them anymore, because last year he had two show up and had to wait about six months to sell them.
Those days are gone for good. Hulk will only go up.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 10:42 AM   #149
Nodelicious
"TRF" Member

Not the nicest sub....blue however :)))) whatever - if you like it then that’s all that counts :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nodelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 10:45 AM   #150
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
That is what greys would initially ask undoubtedly, but once the princes and rich kids of insta have had their fill I would hope sanity prevails and the price falls to a more reasonable premium for a discoed Sub.
I'm wish it would but it won't because it can't since it couldn't cope up with the growing middle and upper class family population in Asia, lets take Hong Kong and mainland China for example.Total Swiss watches export sales has been on the upward trend in the last quarter Q4 of this year, hasn't it ? Hong Kong and mainland China take up the number 1 and 3 spot respectively as the Rolex brand major importers of its luxury watches.
China's urban population, 750 million people alone is twice the size of the entire population of the United States of America ! and its upper class population are growing and growing, just look at the number of Chinese millionaires now, occupying the number two position after the United States.I'm afraid this "Insanity" and "Greed" will continue to fuel the rising prices of Rolex sports watches....

p/s: A HK Seller email-ed me saying that if ref 116610LV is discontinued, there is a general consensus among HK dealers that the price of a BNIB Hulk will start "smashing' the celling at HK$120000 or US$15.5 K. Only God knows what will happen next....
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote