The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 18 January 2021, 03:03 AM   #31
baumare
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675/8
Thank you Dan, I did a little more research and I came up with this classification that may be explain it:

fullsizeoutput_1035.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1032.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1033.jpeg

Would be nice if some expert can confirm
baumare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 04:53 AM   #32
Vetracer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
What a fantastic heirloom, I hope you treasure it and pass it it down to your child/children to treasure.
Vetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 05:19 AM   #33
WofDen
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them!
First off, I didn't join this Site to "dick" with people. I have better use of my time than that. I did purchase the Ref. 116518; unfortunately, it was not through a member of this Site, but this Site gave me confidence that the individual from whom I purchased the watch is reputable.

As for the watch depicted, I recently sold the watch for a substantial sum to an AD, and added to my Rolex collection. I enjoy wearing my watches very much. With the Rolex Chronograph depicted, it would sit in my safe deposit box and collect dust because of fear of further use/potential damage and diminishing its value. Needless to say, the watch was thoroughly inspected before the transaction was consummated.

The reason I posted the watch is because it is an amazing watch, and I thought I would share it on this site. You can imagine how I felt when I found this in my Father's dresser drawer. I had not seen anything like it! It was an incredible discovery. I went to Christie's Auction House and they told me this is an "important" watch, which is when I knew I could either sell it or put it in a safe deposit box. In any event, these watches are not common, and it was fun and appreciated to see TRF members' analysis; it is amazing how knowledgable so many of you are about Rolex and watches in general. But we all share a love for watches, and Rolexes in particular.
WofDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 09:31 AM   #34
BigBlue1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
That’s a badass watch. I feel bad but can understand people’s rush to judgment in the early stages. Congratulations and it’s is a remarkable watch. I have always wanted one but not in my wheel house at the moment. Sorry for your loss but your dad was looking out for you from above.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote