The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 13 February 2020, 03:53 AM   #1531
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
A few weeks ago on my way to Mammoth CA for a ski trip I saw this...

Basically a drive through dispensary. You could literally pop one of these up and furnish in less than a week. The problem is the selling license.

Still an interesting concept for the big players in this space.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2020, 11:48 PM   #1532
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Wow, I never would've thought a drive through dispensary would ever be a thing.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2020, 02:52 PM   #1533
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Publicly-traded Cannabis Industry Companies

APHA stock-

How is everyone doing on this stock?! It seems like it’s quite low at the $3 range?? Are people buying more? Is it a good time to buy more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lisalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2020, 08:02 PM   #1534
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalisa View Post
APHA stock-

How is everyone doing on this stock?! It seems like it’s quite low at the $3 range?? Are people buying more? Is it a good time to buy more?

Imho, it’s not a good time to buy anything.

Let alone a company that has horrible financials in an industry that is getting crushed.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2020, 09:20 PM   #1535
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalisa View Post
APHA stock-

probably should....but I lost my balls after I bought a crap load of APHA at its all time high
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 02:08 AM   #1536
Gaijin
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
For those of you that are still holding your bags should’ve gotten a bit lighter in the last few days.

The sector seems to be, what’s the phrase I’m looking for..

Going up.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 08:46 AM   #1537
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
For those of you that are still holding your bags should’ve gotten a bit lighter in the last few days.

The sector seems to be, what’s the phrase I’m looking for..

Going up.
I have been watching from the sidelines and it seems to be turning. Apha is moving from the NYSE to Nasdaq...might get away from the shorting vultures for a bit
Old 15 January 2021, 01:04 AM   #1538
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Bumping this thread.

Wondering how many of you guys held on.

I did. And I’m still in the red. But it’s coming back strong. With Canopy I’m way up. The other three are steadily climbing.

But a few months ago I bought Grow Generation. They sell the shovels to the gold miners. Meaning, they sell the equipment.

Jim Cramer likened them to the Home Depot for growers. I bought in pretty big on this one. Up about 200%.

Big hopes for this industry.

Old 15 January 2021, 01:25 AM   #1539
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Publicly-traded Cannabis Industry Companies

I’m heavy into planet 13. They’re continuously expanding and have been investing more into advertising
kieselguhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2021, 01:44 AM   #1540
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
I held Grow Generation through the end of the year, but took all the profit off in December. (+100%)

Only position with exposure now really is Constellation Brands vicariously. Loaded up in 2020 in the $160s.
CamSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2021, 01:50 AM   #1541
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

I got beat up and got out.
Good luck,guys!
G8RDPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2021, 01:56 AM   #1542
brannonj1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Bumping this thread.

I did. And I’m still in the red. But it’s coming back strong. With Canopy I’m way up. The other three are steadily climbing.

But a few months ago I bought Grow Generation. They sell the shovels to the gold miners. Meaning, they sell the equipment.

Jim Cramer likened them to the Home Depot for growers. I bought in pretty big on this one. Up about 200%.

That's awesome to hear Seth! Every time I look at APHA I think about you still holding on like I have been for the last 3 years. Like you I am still in the red but believe that will change soon.
brannonj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2021, 04:16 AM   #1543
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brannonj1 View Post
That's awesome to hear Seth! Every time I look at APHA I think about you still holding on like I have been for the last 3 years. Like you I am still in the red but believe that will change soon.
I am also part of the bag holder gang for Apha and Hexo....steadily climbing but still in the red.
Old 15 January 2021, 05:26 AM   #1544
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Bag Holder Here Too... Underwater! Bag had hole in it immediately after I bought them.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Old 15 January 2021, 06:12 AM   #1545
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Longterm holder here and while still under water, it's at least moving in the right direction.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 11:52 AM   #1546
Chloe&Harley
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
I still have a few held on way to long.
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 10:46 PM   #1547
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Bag Holder Here Too... Underwater! Bag had hole in it immediately after I bought them.
HAHAHA, I bought both at their all time high in Jan 2018 and its been down ever since, but I have a feeling we can start to plan our exit strategy....especially with that impending merger of Aphria and Tilray...finally
Old 16 January 2021, 11:28 PM   #1548
RJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Isn't having a physical building...filled with marijuana, displays, cases, electricity, employees, overhead always going to be much more expensive than the guy on the corner - who only has the marijuana - and doesn't have any of that stuff to deal with ?

And...here in Seattle there's just too many dispensaries. Lots of them opened up shop immediately after it was legal. No way they are all running a profit. It's just stunning to see sooo many shops in the same industry. Some have folded.
RJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 11:40 PM   #1549
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I've been holding a small position in HMMJ for a while too and it's been nice seeing this go up a little. I only put in what I could afford to lose and had planned to hold and see what happens.

If it continues to climb and passes my average share price I'll consider selling off though, but we shall see.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 10:40 PM   #1550
Gaijin
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Bumping this thread.

Held. Finally green in Canopy and Aphria.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 12:05 PM   #1551
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
GREEN!

I'm not green yet...

Old 20 January 2021, 01:10 PM   #1552
tritium8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Quote:
Up a whopping 2% on aphria now.....happy to be in the green, though. I got into canopy at $28 usd so it hasn't been as bad.
tritium8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 02:51 PM   #1553
chazadams
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner / GMT
Almost green too and glad to see some familiar faces here held too
chazadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 02:55 PM   #1554
chazadams
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner / GMT
Quote:
I just woke my wife up laughing so hard at this one....."bag had hole in immediately"........
chazadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 08:16 AM   #1555
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Cannabix Technologies Inc. (BLOZF)

Cannabix is developing Marijuana Breathalyzer devices to give law enforcement and employers a tool to enhance public safety AND If they can do it... This could be a Home Run!

I've dipped my toes in here but I have not jumped in.

She Moved Some Today!
1.2752 +0.0987 (+8.39%)

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BLOZF?p=BLOZF

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/canna...134500494.html

Old 26 January 2021, 09:02 AM   #1556
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Cannabix is developing Marijuana Breathalyzer devices to give law enforcement and employers a tool to enhance public safety AND If they can do it... This could be a Home Run!

I've dipped my toes in here but I have not jumped in.

She Moved Some Today!
1.2752 +0.0987 (+8.39%)

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BLOZF?p=BLOZF

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/canna...134500494.html
That sounds interesting for sure...might dable in this one.
Old 23 February 2021, 11:22 AM   #1557
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
I have been pretty pessimistic on the hype that took over this industry a couple of years ago (looking at your mr pump and dump mccorlis) and cautioned anyone who would listen that Canadian cannabis companies were not where you wanted to put your money (e.g., recommended SMG!) but this is a big deal:

https://www.nj.com/marijuana/2021/02...year-saga.html

NJ means NY, which means CT and soon the entire northeast. If I had to bet, I think we probably see descheduling cannabis at the federal level in the next two years (maybe 4 max), which means cannabis companies can actually have access to banking and more favorable tax treatment. So all good for the industry as a whole. Question is who will benefit from all of this and is it already priced in? That is a lot fuzzier. Initially, the states will award licenses and various other permits with "equity" considerations, but overtime the market will take over. Good operators will flourish and bad ones will be washed away. Still think SMG is a safe bet as they are selling basically everything you need to grow without actually touching the plant. And more importantly -- their core business is kicking covid ass. As long as people are more inclined to stay home, they will garden and others will smoke more weed. All good for SMG. Pure play companies are much harder to handicap -- a lot of the Canadian players are highly levered and have massive equity overhangs. As they say, stay frosty and keep an eye out for opportunities, but you do really need to dig into the financials and public filings to truly understand what you are buying. But the future of this industry is finally looking brighter.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2021, 09:53 PM   #1558
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
I have been pretty pessimistic on the hype that took over this industry a couple of years ago (looking at your mr pump and dump mccorlis) and cautioned anyone who would listen that Canadian cannabis companies were not where you wanted to put your money (e.g., recommended SMG!) but this is a big deal:

https://www.nj.com/marijuana/2021/02...year-saga.html

NJ means NY, which means CT and soon the entire northeast. If I had to bet, I think we probably see descheduling cannabis at the federal level in the next two years (maybe 4 max), which means cannabis companies can actually have access to banking and more favorable tax treatment. So all good for the industry as a whole. Question is who will benefit from all of this and is it already priced in? That is a lot fuzzier. Initially, the states will award licenses and various other permits with "equity" considerations, but overtime the market will take over. Good operators will flourish and bad ones will be washed away. Still think SMG is a safe bet as they are selling basically everything you need to grow without actually touching the plant. And more importantly -- their core business is kicking covid ass. As long as people are more inclined to stay home, they will garden and others will smoke more weed. All good for SMG. Pure play companies are much harder to handicap -- a lot of the Canadian players are highly levered and have massive equity overhangs. As they say, stay frosty and keep an eye out for opportunities, but you do really need to dig into the financials and public filings to truly understand what you are buying. But the future of this industry is finally looking brighter.
I take offense with the “Mr. Pump and Dump” monicker just because you were an inept trader who bought into the sector way too late (FOMO) and did not sell any of the multiple rallies (greed), nor bought additional shares to average down when the sector corrected steeply (fear), only to be able to sell at great profit when it rallied very steeply yet again. You should have easily made money with all those opportunities if you had kept your eye on the ball. I made over 7 figures on my Aphria position, then some more on Tilray. I sold out of the Canadian segment for valuation reasons many months ago. At this point, I only hold 10k shares of Cresco as opposed to a prior max position of 140k shares of APHA because it is now obvious that the U.S. segment is where the future lies, and where I will continue to invest, unless the best Canadian companies drop another 20-25% from here.

This sector is not buy and hold forever as it is always changing, and if you are not following it very closely (daily), then you have no right complaining. The sector is very volatile (obviously!) and is constantly evolving…and not always in good ways, so you must be nimble. If you did not make money (harvest any profits) when APHA/TLRY rallied 800% in less than a month, then you have no one to blame but yourself.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2021, 10:02 PM   #1559
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSLC View Post
I held Grow Generation through the end of the year, but took all the profit off in December. (+100%)

Only position with exposure now really is Constellation Brands vicariously. Loaded up in 2020 in the $160s.
Have you looked at GRWG lately......Holy Shit I got out too early!
DonRickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2021, 11:03 PM   #1560
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRickles View Post
Have you looked at GRWG lately......Holy Shit I got out too early!
I’m up big on Grwg. Bout in at 18. And bought a solid amount.

Down on the rest of my cannabis stocks. Still holding though. I genuinely believe the industry will only go up. And I didn’t buy very much anyway.

I’m not a pump and dump kind of guy. I don’t hate on it either though. I’m just not a pro trader. And I think even though the US might be a better market to make money fast, I just don’t see how these established companies won’t continue to develop along with the industry. Or be purchased.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.