The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 9 January 2016, 03:13 PM   #91
Aceldama
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dads Omega Cal 601
This really sucks. One of the reasons I'm so leery about wire transfers. I try to use PayPal as much as I can.

Again, sorry you lost out on that money.
Aceldama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2016, 07:42 PM   #92
Rocket_Man
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
I'm always amazed at these threads. Sorry for your loss but after the third one of these I read today, "trusted seller" right up there with jumbo shrimp. Buy from an AD. If you want to save money buy used from brick and mortar. Just because someone anonymously posts on the internet doesn't mean you wire him 10k. Would you wire 10k to someone you'd seen at the bar a few times for them to bring you a watch tomorrow?

Don't mean to be harsh but . ... Just makes no sense.
But he did not buy from a Trusted Seller. I've brought from a Trusted Seller twice and had no problems. But the seller I used had very extensive background on this forum and others. I would not have bought from this seller, but there are many I would buy from with no hesitation. It is said on here time and again, buy the seller first.
Rocket_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2016, 12:10 AM   #93
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Sorry to hear this, it would made me sick to get cheated out of hard earned money
Old 10 January 2016, 10:51 AM   #94
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Man View Post
But he did not buy from a Trusted Seller. I've brought from a Trusted Seller twice and had no problems. But the seller I used had very extensive background on this forum and others. I would not have bought from this seller, but there are many I would buy from with no hesitation. It is said on here time and again, buy the seller first.

X2. Buy from trusted seller here. I've done it several times sans problemo and gaining amazing vintage and new pieces.
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2016, 06:26 AM   #95
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

Remember so called trusted sellers here and on other forums have gone bad before and taken an awful lot of people's money. Any transaction where you are wiring money you cannot get returned is a risk.
TheBluePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2016, 06:47 AM   #96
Hpozzuoli
Banned

Watch: Rolex
We must all realize that some of the pieces we want are just not available at all ADs and others can't get them. We have no choice, but to hit the secondary market. Communication, asking questions, checking referrals, and research will go a long way.

Paypal is by far the best way to protect a buyer. I have heard sellers say it is not friendly on their end, but if everyone is honest it's the safest way to go. There is a group of high volume, high post count, high feedback sellers on here. I have found the prices do vary, but as long as you are within that group you should be ok.

I feel bad every time I hear someone lost money, especially the amounts that these watches go for. I think this forum brings together like minded folks so if we communicate with each other we all win.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2016, 07:03 AM   #97
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpozzuoli View Post
We must all realize that some of the pieces we want are just not available at all ADs and others can't get them. We have no choice, but to hit the secondary market. Communication, asking questions, checking referrals, and research will go a long way.

Paypal is by far the best way to protect a buyer. I have heard sellers say it is not friendly on their end, but if everyone is honest it's the safest way to go. There is a group of high volume, high post count, high feedback sellers on here. I have found the prices do vary, but as long as you are within that group you should be ok.

I feel bad every time I hear someone lost money, especially the amounts that these watches go for. I think this forum brings together like minded folks so if we communicate with each other we all win.
"if everyone is honest" is a big IF...
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote