The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 5 September 2021, 12:34 AM   #1
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Who’s who feedback worthy?

I know many of you don’t buy or sell watches in the forum. I have enjoyed that privilege greatly over the years. Lately it has become more prolific (perhaps with the instagramification of Rolex) for buyers to send a committing “buy” message and then disappear. I know reputation is important so I try to behave with as much integrity as humanly possible in every sale or purchase I make. My question, is it noteworthy in who’s who to name some of these flakes? I’m torn. Literally had a guy commit to a purchase last night only to tell me he’s “buying another house” this morning as if somehow that wasn’t known last night. Lol

*edit, he since got a little nasty when encouraged not to commit on pieces prematurely, accused me of lying (about turning down another sale behind him, which I did) and will most def be showing up in who's who. Mods, feel free to lock or delete this . . .
Old 5 September 2021, 01:07 AM   #2
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
I keep expectations of people really low. It helps me not be disappointed but quite impressed when it works out.

You’ll also find that while it might feel good to name a pita buyer, you might also welcome scrutiny on yourself.

I’d just let it go and be thankful you didn’t send a watch and then they changed their mind. That could’ve been much worse.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2021, 02:06 AM   #3
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Cost of doing business.

Great fun when trying to rent our investment property a few years ago. Got to where I turned it over to a property management compny because of all of the flakes.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2021, 04:02 AM   #4
Atone
"TRF" Member

Fair enough. I’d just love a heads up on some of these jokers. lol
Old 5 September 2021, 05:04 AM   #5
NYC6
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBMARINER 14060M
Once you start slinging mud expect some to come back your way and more often then not things escalate and spin out of control. Not good for business, best to let it go and move on. IMO
NYC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2021, 07:55 AM   #6
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Eek! I hate selling anything and having to deal with flakes and lowballers. Would rather lose money selling to a store and not having to worry about disputes, chargebacks, etc.
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2021, 08:01 AM   #7
Atone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I keep expectations of people really low. It helps me not be disappointed but quite impressed when it works out.

You’ll also find that while it might feel good to name a pita buyer, you might also welcome scrutiny on yourself.

I’d just let it go and be thankful you didn’t send a watch and then they changed their mind. That could’ve been much worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
Once you start slinging mud expect some to come back your way and more often then not things escalate and spin out of control. Not good for business, best to let it go and move on. IMO
Yes. The intent wasn’t to “sling mud” but rather give a friendly heads up to other more serious users of the classifieds. However, your collective point is well taken and I agree 100% with the sentiment. I had the mods take down the post.
Old 5 September 2021, 01:47 PM   #8
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
I have only sold/traded a handful of watches on TRF, but every time I have had to deal with scammers, low-ballers, and just out right A-Holes. I don't understand how the big name greys do it full time unless they are just treated better.

My only input to your suggestion, other than we all deal with those types, is to put your feedback in the Watch Out section. I may have the wrong idea, but I always thought the "who's who" was for positive interactions and "Watch Out" for negative or the like. Looks like you've been a member for a few years, you've seen the change here!...just not worth your time messing with some of the members now, ignore them and hopefully they just go away.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2021, 02:19 PM   #9
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
My instincts are pretty good within the first interaction 95% of the time I know if they are wasting my time, sometimes they do come through however I waste very little energy on them.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote