The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 20 March 2018, 01:36 AM   #31
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Pics.
Beautiful Seth.

I assume you've already ordered black rims?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:36 AM   #32
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
None of these would make me very happy, but when your supper excited to get something like this that can certainly help in staying calm.

I think you handled it well, just hopefully their service after the sale and more importantly their service department isn’t so inept because these truly are going to be more important now.

Congrats, and nice looking car!!
Thanks for that feedback. And appreciate the comment on the car. I am super excited about it.

Truth is I have thought about the service for the service. And I am hoping that this helps. I have had two cars serviced there, and so far, they have been really great. It was one of the reasons I went back.

I hope it continues. And thank you again.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:37 AM   #33
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Beautiful Seth.

I assume you've already ordered black rims?
Ha. I have thought about it. I originally intended to. But I am liking these so much I might keep them.

I am also telling myself that if I become bored (which I have a habit of doing), I can then change them to black for a little excitement.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:38 AM   #34
FrmrHoss
"TRF" Member

I don't know what the issue is with MB or maybe it's just car dealerships/some service people in general. We bought an E350 from a local dealer for my wife like 3-4 years ago, I was in the market for an AMG E63 Wagon and they were less than helpful in helping me find one. Managed to find one on my own and on the first service I had done there, there was just a series of comical errors. They should always be looking to preserve that ongoing relationship no matter what kind of car you drive but really ended up feeling like they didn't care. I handled it in basically the same way, left a positive review on the survey but then called the manager to explain the situation. She was apologetic and all, but we'll see how they handle things the next time around....

[To add my own gripe, even though I hear I'm borderline a millenial myself, I hate how people won't pick up the phone anymore. The guy who handled my service then sent me a text message apologizing after I guess the manager spoke to him about it. Maybe I'm an old fashioned, but it seemed like a cheap way out and a phone call would have gone much further with me]
FrmrHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:39 AM   #35
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
This is what I loathe about these times. They want the 10, but they don't want to do the 10 work. How can they have the nerve to ask for a 10 when you've provided 6 work? Do they feel "entitled" to a 10? P.S. that is a bad ass car though.
This is the problem, but when the guy literally says "if I don't get a 10, my family will lose money", you might just give in.

In Seth's case, that just sounds awful. I would probably have walked away, but that is a special car and at the end of the day, that's all that really matters.

In my case, the service was fine. A few little issues, but it definitely wasn't a 10. In all honesty I would have given them an 8, maybe a 9, but apparently a 10 is all that matters.

Quote:
Pics.
Awesome. Congrats!
Syed117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 01:57 AM   #36
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
I respect you guys who give a 10 for the reasons you give. You've got good hearts, and that too, like good customer service, is a rarity today. However, it's defeating the system presumably in place to improve service.
pickettt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:00 AM   #37
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
"if I don't get a 10, my family will lose money",
.....and I say to this, "Then you Sir, shouldn't let your family down by providing less than a 10 performance."
pickettt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:04 AM   #38
fkim011
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sky Dweller
I think this is a MB dealership issue that affects many. I've dealt with the same problems dealing with MBZ and that is why I won't step foot inside another one again. Let's not talk about the service departments there...

I've had great experiences with Audi, Bentley, Lexus and Porsche in repeated purchases. Everything runs like clock work and I am usually in and out of the dealership in 1 hr or less.
fkim011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:04 AM   #39
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
Seth, she's a gorgeous car... just gorgeous.

I'd be annoyed at a few of the things you pointed out, but as for the time it takes to close the deal, it just takes time and I don't think I've ever purchased a new car there it didn't take at least 3- to 5-hours end-to-end. The appraisal takes time when they're calling around trying to find the value of the trade-in. Sometimes it pretty quick and other times it seems drawn out. At the same time, dealerships love dragging the process out exhausting the customer to where they just want to get the hell out of there and sign the paperwork.

We've been purchasing our Mercedes products from San Francisco Mercedes-Benz for many years and have never had a bad experience with them. They're like family to us and treat us like family as well. But they are an independent dealer, not owned by a larger corporation... there are many MB dealerships in the area owned by Auto Nation and Penske, and I find their service very mass and not nearly as unique and personable as SF MB. Also, independent dealerships are allowed to bend the rules more than the larger corporate owned dealerships. That always plays in to a factor when negotiating.

The rock chip, I'd be annoyed by that and would have them fix that... But it may have always been there as well. My wife usually has to play the role of inspector, because the stress gets in the way and the prospective buyer sometimes misses some flaws. I remember when we bought are RRS when we got home there was a rim was scratched. This was a brand new truck and we drove it from the dealership to our home - there was no way we did it. They were great about it and actually refinished the rim rather than a spot job they do on the floor that has poor results. It was inconvenient and somewhat took away from that new car high, but $hit happens.

Anyway, enjoy the new ride. I'd also leave them all 10s (especially if you plan on getting the car serviced there.) Not sure how they keep cars nice and clean during the winter season, that must be a huge PITA for any dealership.

Can't wait to see more pics of the ride!!!

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:10 AM   #40
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
darn handsome vehicle. congratulations
Old 20 March 2018, 02:12 AM   #41
AzHadEnuf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263,DJ,SUB,BB,THR
Congratulations Seth. That’s really beautiful! Drive it in the best of health.
Old 20 March 2018, 02:13 AM   #42
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Pics.
Beautiful car Seth.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:15 AM   #43
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Are we reading the same thread?

Quote:
Pics.
What a stunning vehicle!!!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:23 AM   #44
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
I buy my BMWs from a buddy who runs the dealership, but I would never let them service my cars due to incompetence and never having a loaner for me. (I get killer deals from him)

So I take it to another dealer, who treats me great and I reciprocate with gifts for the staff for excellent work.
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:31 AM   #45
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Thanks for that feedback. And appreciate the comment on the car. I am super excited about it.

Truth is I have thought about the service for the service. And I am hoping that this helps. I have had two cars serviced there, and so far, they have been really great. It was one of the reasons I went back.

I hope it continues. And thank you again.
Sounds like there service more reflects what one would expect from a dealership such as this one and that’s good to hear. Sounds like you’ll be just fine. Maybe they just had a bad day, and it sounds even more like the approach you took was the best way to go.

Once again great looking car Seth, Enjoy!!

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:42 AM   #46
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopman View Post
Similar experience in buying 2 new MB's this past fall. I usually do most work via phone and email to avoid spending time on the lots. I was looking for a package deal, one for the wife and a special order for me. Some of the GM's did not even reply to my email with a quote...Sent out emails to all the PNW MB dealers. Only 3 responded effectively. In the end I gave my business to the local dealer. Doing the order was a crack up. I build the car on the MB site and all they had to do was copy the build. It took 5 tries for them to get the order correct. Then for some reason it took a couple weeks for the GM to actually get the order in. When I went to pick up the order the car was sitting on the showroom. Similar to your experience, salesmen were showing my car and people were sitting in it....It was a special order....

During the research process, I set up appointments to drive cars: Jag, BMW, MB, Audi, Cadilac, Alfa, Maserati, Porsche. In all but one case the car was not ready when I arrived for my appointment. The Jag was the worst. It took them an hour to find the car for me to drive it. The BMW dealer actually provided the best service during the research phase.

Customer service is dead, even on "luxury" items. At this point I am desensitized to it and it really does not bother me anyone, I just expect it. Some of these dealerships acted like I should be grateful just to step foot on their lot.
The dealer allowing strangers to fondle my custom order car would p1ss me the flock off. If they need a showroom car like mine they can pony up the coin and get their own.

You guys are much kinder to these dealers than I would be. I would have found a way to make that painful for them.
Old 20 March 2018, 02:43 AM   #47
fkim011
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sky Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
The dealer allowing strangers to fondle my custom order car would p1ss me the flock off. If they need a showroom car like mine they can pony up the coin and get their own.

You guys are much kinder to these dealers than I would be. I would have found a way to make that painful for them.
x 2.
fkim011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 02:52 AM   #48
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yeah, but when these guys are the same ones who are going to service that same vehicle might not be the best way to kick off a long term relationship. I think you could make that point without it going south and it sounds like Seth did just that.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 20 March 2018, 02:55 AM   #49
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but when these guys are the same ones who are going to service that same vehicle might not be the best way to kick off a long term relationship. I think you could make that point without it going south and it sounds like Seth did just that.
Any dealer can service the car. Why would I bring it back to the DB’s that molested it before I even had a chance to sit in it?

This like ordering an MTO and the store letting people try them on.
Old 20 March 2018, 03:00 AM   #50
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Any dealer can service the car. Why would I bring it back to the DB’s that molested it before I even had a chance to sit in it?
Well I can certainly understand why you would choose to do something different. On the other hand others here would make the same choice Seth did. Location, prior experience with this dealership may also have something to do with it. Different strokes for different folks.

After all this same car will get touched by others in the future. It’s no longer new once you drive it off the lot.

No I don’t want others trying on my shoes. But other people do get in my car.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 20 March 2018, 03:05 AM   #51
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Well I can certainly understand why you would choose to do something different. On the other hand others here would make the same choice Seth did. Location, prior experience with this dealership may also have something to do with it. Different strokes for different folks.

After all this same car will get touched by others in the future.
If they didn’t take the time to treat it well when it was new, why would they care for it well during maintence visits. A red flag at purchase is a negative KPI for ongoing services. It doesn’t get better by placating the dealer IMO.

As I said, Mark and Seth are much kinder than I would be.
Old 20 March 2018, 03:08 AM   #52
Brenngun

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Seth. Glad your happy with the car. That said, to me your thread is a testament to the deterioration of customer service and the acceptance of that by customers.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 03:10 AM   #53
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
BEAUTIFUL Seth!

Good for you to point out the things that went wrong... In a few weeks/months none of the BS you just experienced will matter! You will be Sooooooo Happy with your new car.

Perhaps the next way to buy is go to Germany?

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 03:10 AM   #54
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Seth I love it. Next time consider working with the guys at Euro Motorcars Bethesda. They are real pros. Super numbers, super quick, no BS waiting, no BS sales games, a professional experience. I bet they would have gotten the car shipped to you faster than that ordeal.

Anyway Congrats!
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 03:13 AM   #55
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If they didn’t take the time to treat it well when it was new, why would they care for it well during maintence visits. A red flag at purchase is a negative KPI for ongoing services. It doesn’t get better by placating the dealer IMO.

As I said, Mark and Seth are much kinder than I would be.
Actually it sounds as Seth has had prior experience with their service department and had good experiences.

It’s not that you don’t make a good point or that your wrong, it’s just that he chose to do differently and from the sounds of it based on his previous experience with this dealer he may very well experience a good realationship with them going forward. Funny how sometimes there just isn’t one right answer.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 20 March 2018, 03:36 AM   #56
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNALION View Post
BEAUTIFUL Seth!

Good for you to point out the things that went wrong... In a few weeks/months none of the BS you just experienced will matter! You will be Sooooooo Happy with your new car.

Perhaps the next way to buy is go to Germany?

Great video, Larry! What an incredible experience it would be to get one this way!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 03:53 AM   #57
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
My Porsche salesman complained that he makes no money on my deals. I countered with: "you make it up in volume". My BMW salesman doesn't complain, he just does what I ask and appreciates my patronage. They do make money - that's what the surveys are for.

When shopping for a S550 coupe last year, I got to enjoy a saleswoman with about 4 days experience. Gawd, what a nightmare she was. And way too much perfume.

I decided against the MB not because of the car or the sales process, but that insane depreciation. The coupe is by far the worst. I never looked at the GT and kinda wished that I had. Killer neat car. Congrats and enjoy it!

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 05:46 AM   #58
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:

It did **** me off and I let them know right there in front of the other customers. I negotiated some free stuff...MB swag, some details/washes, and a coat hanger for the back of the seat LOL

I gave good marks to my salesmen on the survey but blasted the leadership. MB called me. The dealership has been kissing my *** since. It is sad that they have to get pressure from MB to provide what I would call mediocre customer service. This last car purchase(s) process was worst than 3 years ago. Seems to get worse every time. The level of incompetence is astounding. It would take to long to list all of the dealers/salesmen/GM's who failed to return calls and emails or other actions they promised. I mean no one wanted to take our money. I was in the biz back in the 80's- mid 90's and boy has it changed.

I should add: I always try and work a good deal, but they also need to keep the lights on. I know the game and I am easy to deal with. I do not nickle and dime them for every little thing. I just want a "fair" deal for both of us. So this is not a case of me being a ***** customer.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 08:59 AM   #59
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Beautiful car!

I really appreciate your candor with the manager. Any manager worth his paycheck would have sent some special offer or service as a way to make amends for is, frankly, deplorable service from a Toyota dealer much less an MB dealer.

I left a 8/10 rating for my local Audi dealer as they left AdBlue fluid streaks down the side of my Q5. The next day I got a call from the service manager and the sales manager to apologize. These surveys are there for a reason and I take full advantage when necessary. Every visit since has been flawless.

I believe your next visit will be the test of how they view your relationship.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 09:07 AM   #60
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Love the AMG GT. Im surprised they were so bad concerning the sale of this car as its there top of the line sports car. Yes they have S classes that are more expensive than this car but still this is one of there "super cars". But non the less i would of expected more especially to a customer buying that car. Congrats on the ride.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote