The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 March 2020, 10:26 PM   #31
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo082 View Post
Just if you want me to
Nah, keep it up. Just throw in some pics of it in the sunlight.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2023, 06:58 PM   #32
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
Jocke, you certainly sparked my interest for this watch a couple of weeks ago.

In another thread, I've recently described my experience trying to obtain a first Rolex, resulting in me feeling underwhelmed by many of their models. This is just my personal taste and I can totally understand that a lot of people love Rolex. To be fair, from pictures, I also felt that they suit other people better than me.

I then went on to check out various other models, e.g. IWC Spitfire Automatic 39, IWC Top Gun Automatic 41, Tudor Black Bay Ceramic, but none of them left that impression I was longing for. Until I tried on the SeaQ Panoramadatum. Also, the more I read about it, the more I felt that what I was potentially buying would be an entry into the "lower" levels of Haute Horlogerie.

I'm in the middle of a watch acquisition journey. For me, buying a watch always takes certain months because I have to feel close to 100% certain about it. I am now still debating between the right dial color (leaning towards black) and whether to buy it only on the strap, or with a bracelet and an additional strap. I'm quite sure I would mostly wear it on the strap. I'm looking at a discount towards approx. 30% which really helps, as I have to admit that the SeaQ prices seem a little steep for my taste.

How would you guys go about the strap-only vs. bracelet+strap decision?
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2023, 11:27 PM   #33
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_91 View Post
J

Take the bracelet and order a strap directly from Glashutte
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 10:45 AM   #34
Watchlover22
"TRF" Member

I have the black dial version and considered getting both the bracelet and the textile strap but ultimately passed on the bracelet. While it was well made and well finished, I’m the fact that it doesn’t have any taper too it really bothered me ultimately. Looked kind of weird, if that makes sense.
Watchlover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 02:56 PM   #35
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Jocke, you certainly sparked my interest for this watch a couple of weeks ago.

In another thread, I've recently described my experience trying to obtain a first Rolex, resulting in me feeling underwhelmed by many of their models. This is just my personal taste and I can totally understand that a lot of people love Rolex. To be fair, from pictures, I also felt that they suit other people better than me.

I then went on to check out various other models, e.g. IWC Spitfire Automatic 39, IWC Top Gun Automatic 41, Tudor Black Bay Ceramic, but none of them left that impression I was longing for. Until I tried on the SeaQ Panoramadatum. Also, the more I read about it, the more I felt that what I was potentially buying would be an entry into the "lower" levels of Haute Horlogerie.

I'm in the middle of a watch acquisition journey. For me, buying a watch always takes certain months because I have to feel close to 100% certain about it. I am now still debating between the right dial color (leaning towards black) and whether to buy it only on the strap, or with a bracelet and an additional strap. I'm quite sure I would mostly wear it on the strap. I'm looking at a discount towards approx. 30% which really helps, as I have to admit that the SeaQ prices seem a little steep for my taste.

A 30% discount in todays environment is very impressive on a stainless GO. Is this offer from am AD or a reseller of some sort? I feel I have a decent relationship with an AD, but I don't have 30% leverage. It's a helluva watch and you would be paying noticeably less than for a Sub date. Make sure you post pics!
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 02:59 PM   #36
Guppydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Take the bracelet and order a strap directly from Glashutte
Or get a nice synthetic aftermarket strap for much less. An Ericka's Original would look really sweet on a SeaQ.

Regardless, get the bracelet with the watch unless you are POSTIVE you won't ever wear it on metal. GO bracelets are very expensive and although I don't own a GO (yet), I've read very positive reviews.
Old 24 February 2023, 05:18 PM   #37
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchlover22 View Post
I have the black dial version and considered getting both the bracelet and the textile strap but ultimately passed on the bracelet. While it was well made and well finished, I’m the fact that it doesn’t have any taper too it really bothered me ultimately. Looked kind of weird, if that makes sense.
I see. I'm a bit torn. I love the updates they've made to the bracelet (mainly replacing the PCL with brushed ones). It gives the watch a less shiny, but "toolier" look. And the micro-adjustment mechanism is just gorgeous...that being said, I think I would mainly wear it on the strap as well

Could you maybe post pictures of yours on the wrist?
Old 24 February 2023, 05:22 PM   #38
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
A 30% discount in todays environment is very impressive on a stainless GO. Is this offer from am AD or a reseller of some sort?
Thanks Guppy. The guy I'm dealing with is a reseller with a very trustworthy profile and impressive ratings on Chrono (300 watches sold (I think he sells more watches outside of Chrono), of which 297 5-star and three 4-star ratings). I imagine him being more of a "sourcer" than a true reseller, i.e. I don't think he piles up stock of highly desirable watches and then flips them for a profit but rather helps people find certain models for the best price possible. I'm sure he has a good connection to GO or "knows someone who knows someone", but that probably doesn't hold true for all the brands out there.

Will gladly reveal who he is once I've done business with him, as I don't want to vouch for someone that I haven't done a transaction with.
Old 24 February 2023, 05:25 PM   #39
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Or get a nice synthetic aftermarket strap for much less. An Ericka's Original would look really sweet on a SeaQ.
Thanks alot for this very good hint, Guppy. I understand that strap options for the "GO" 21mm lug width are way more limited than other widths, so any advice is highly appreciated.

Can anyone help me with the tools I would need to swap bracelets on the SeaQ Panoramadatum? I've never done this myself before so I have absolutely no clue.
Old 25 February 2023, 07:23 AM   #40
Guppydriver

Quote:
Thanks Guppy. The guy I'm dealing with is a reseller with a very trustworthy profile and impressive ratings on Chrono (300 watches sold (I think he sells more watches outside of Chrono), of which 297 5-star and three 4-star ratings). I imagine him being more of a "sourcer" than a true reseller, i.e. I don't think he piles up stock of highly desirable watches and then flips them for a profit but rather helps people find certain models for the best price possible. I'm sure he has a good connection to GO or "knows someone who knows someone", but that probably doesn't hold true for all the brands out there.

Will gladly reveal who he is once I've done business with him, as I don't want to vouch for someone that I haven't done a transaction with.
That makes more sense then, like I was saying, 30% from an AD is pretty steep for a Stainless SeaQ. I'm sure it will be just fine, just remember, you are buying the seller as well. If for whatever reason it doesn't work out, let me know and I will give you the name and number of my AD who can still offer a competitive deal. (EDIT...NVM...I see you are not in the USA..my apologies)

As far as straps...

Sure, 21mm is way more limited. What that really means is that instead of 2.2 billion to choose from, you have a couple thousand Still plenty of options.

I've never owned a GO before, but I imagine a standard strap tool would work just fine. I use Bergeon tweezers and jewelers glasses (I'm getting old), but certainly not necessary. It does require a steady hand and concentration. Practice on a beater until you feel comfortable, otherwise you WILL scratch the lugs on your 8K purchase. There are literally thousands of YT videos with helpful hints and suggestions.

I
Old 25 February 2023, 08:52 PM   #41
Toproll85
"TRF" Member

The level of quality is high, and the details beautiful, these are great divers.

If the format can fit a wrist like mine, with well-designed case lugs, it's still too thick.
This is the default (for me).
I understand the curved glass above, but not below (useless for me)...

And the less imposing version does not have the same caliber, which is not visible, we lose interest.

If they manage to adjust all that for the next versions, I think it's the top of the market of robust and waterproof watches, at a price still well located (we can have them with a good discount at the gray market).

Grönefeld 1941 RCF ¦ H. Moser Heritage Dual Time ¦ JLC Q1308470 ¦ L&S 1815 Up/Down ¦ L&S Zeitwerk Date ¦ UN Freak X carbonium
Toproll85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2023, 05:15 PM   #42
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If for whatever reason it doesn't work out, let me know and I will give you the name and number of my AD who can still offer a competitive deal. (EDIT...NVM...I see you are not in the USA..my apologies)

As far as straps...

Sure, 21mm is way more limited. What that really means is that instead of 2.2 billion to choose from, you have a couple thousand Still plenty of options.
Unfortunately not in the US, no, but thanks nevertheless, very considerate!

And understood reg. the straps. I just read somewhere that it's a "difficult" width but after what you wrote I think it probably makes it easier because there's less to choose from ;-) Reg. swapping them myself...I work in the office so I have "two left hands" (that's the German way to say that somebody isn't really gifted reg. DIY-stuff...)...will definitely try it first on some older watches..
Old 27 February 2023, 05:17 PM   #43
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toproll85 View Post
I understand the curved glass above, but not below (useless for me)...

And the less imposing version does not have the same caliber, which is not visible, we lose interest.

If they manage to adjust all that for the next versions, I think it's the top of the market of robust and waterproof watches, at a price still well located (we can have them with a good discount at the gray market).
It seems to me that the curved glass below is something that bothers many people...

And fully agreed reg. the smaller version with the less impressive caliber and (more disappointing to me) the missing see-through caseback...