The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 April 2019, 01:40 AM   #1
prwdmd
"TRF" Member

26331OR gold bracelet upgrade?

Hello... loving my rose gold 41mm chronograph with the blue alligator strap.... however I'm wondering whether I should also purchase the matching gold bracelet as well. It looks stunning as-is but the full gold bracelet would also be quite impressive. If I recall correctly, the boutique quoted me around $16k for the bracelet. Wondering what you guys think about the looks of this particular watch with blue strap vs. full gold bracelet??? Has anyone here done a strap to bracelet upgrade? Any issues to be aware of?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0959-2.jpeg (112.5 KB, 895 views)
prwdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 01:47 AM   #2
Soly20
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
This looks stunning. I am sure a full gold bracelet will look good as well but the blue strap with the blue dial make a great combo. Wait till you start getting bored and then think about upgrading to full gold bracelet.
Soly20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 01:58 AM   #3
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
A question I've been pondering too. I currently have mine on a rubber strap, which is much more versatile than leather and more casual.

I'd quite like to 'upgrade' to the gold, but two main points:

The entirely character of the watch changes, and from being a reasonably low profile piece it becomes much more overt and noticeable. So, for instance, whilst I might wear it now for a business meeting, no way would I on full gold.

Weight. I'm worried that once on bracelet it will be heavy, and with no means to adjust fit will either fit when cold or hot, but not both. In other words, if it's fitted to be snug (which for me it must be to stop it dropping on my wrist) when cool, when hot with wrist expansion it will be very uncomfortable indeed.

I suppose one could simply interchange the strap as required one's self, but I admit I'm not too keen on that.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 05:47 AM   #4
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I would get it on a bracelet I had a ROC on strap and it was very nice until I bought a full gold Rolex, then I decided I only wanted ROOs on straps, ROs on bracelets.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 07:14 AM   #5
seadubs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prwdmd View Post
Hello... loving my rose gold 41mm chronograph with the blue alligator strap.... however I'm wondering whether I should also purchase the matching gold bracelet as well. It looks stunning as-is but the full gold bracelet would also be quite impressive. If I recall correctly, the boutique quoted me around $16k for the bracelet. Wondering what you guys think about the looks of this particular watch with blue strap vs. full gold bracelet??? Has anyone here done a strap to bracelet upgrade? Any issues to be aware of?

Thanks
Hey did you ever do this upgrade?
seadubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 04:12 AM   #6
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:

Thanks
It depends if you are comfortable with the significant bling factor that comes with a full RG bracelet. I did that for my 15305OR skeleton and it transformed that watch. So if you are comfortable, I will say go for it. A Royal Oak is meant to be worn with bracelet after all.
Old 18 June 2019, 01:03 PM   #7
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
It depends if you are comfortable with the significant bling factor that comes with a full RG bracelet. I did that for my 15305OR skeleton and it transformed that watch. So if you are comfortable, I will say go for it. A Royal Oak is meant to be worn with bracelet after all.

This is very true. The difference in feel and look is night and day. So I wear mine on a brown rubber strap in the summer and all gold bracelet when I have long sleeves or want to dress it up. The bracelet seems most natural for the watch but I love the versatility of bracelets and straps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 03:26 PM   #8
Gaphle
"TRF" Member

That’s one stunning 39mm ROC!!! Both strap and bracelet!
Gaphle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2019, 02:21 AM   #9
Alan111
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
This is very true. The difference in feel and look is night and day. So I wear mine on a brown rubber strap in the summer and all gold bracelet when I have long sleeves or want to dress it up. The bracelet seems most natural for the watch but I love the versatility of bracelets and straps.

25960OR. Unicorn.
Alan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2019, 03:12 AM   #10
prwdmd
"TRF" Member

Very nice! Do you change them out yourself or do you have someone do it for you? Seems like the screws are fairly accessible on the side of the lugs?
prwdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 10:03 PM   #11
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
Quote:
Very nice! Do you change them out yourself or do you have someone do it for you? Seems like the screws are fairly accessible on the side of the lugs?

I do it myself. Going from bracelet to strap and vice versa is as easy as it looks. Four screws and you’re done. I’m no where near an AP dealer.

Changing straps (leather to rubber etc) is a little tougher because the screw and cap require simultaneous counter torque. For that I’ve bought the tool from AP bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2020, 10:12 PM   #12
TTAlex
"TRF" Member

Wanted to bump this thread, as I know these have gained in popularity quite a bit since this thread started. I am purchasing one of these AP blue chronos on the blue leather strap. Considering gold bracelet too.

Do we know how much a rose gold bracelet is these days? I think the price has gone up considerably?

I completely agree that an RO belongs on a bracelet, but not sure about the bling factor.

Just wondering what you guys think leather versus bracelet?
TTAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2020, 03:53 AM   #13
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTAlex View Post
Wanted to bump this thread, as I know these have gained in popularity quite a bit since this thread started. I am purchasing one of these AP blue chronos on the blue leather strap. Considering gold bracelet too.

Do we know how much a rose gold bracelet is these days? I think the price has gone up considerably?

I completely agree that an RO belongs on a bracelet, but not sure about the bling factor.

for a RO i would choose bracelet every time, it's too special to be replaced by a strap
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2020, 02:58 AM   #14
trfChris
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116719BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTAlex View Post

The gold bracelet recently had a price increase from $18k to $27k:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...3&postcount=37
trfChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2020, 08:40 AM   #15
TTAlex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfChris View Post

Dang, 50% increase!
TTAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2020, 12:51 PM   #16
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post

Holy smokes
AP ROC 26315or; AP RO 15450st; Vacheron Fiftysix; Day Date RG 228235 Olive; Daytona YG 116528; Daytona YG Oysterflex 116518; Cartier Santos de Cartier Rose Gold; Panerai PAM 0048; IWC Portofino Chrono; Girard-Perregaux Richeville
strettyend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 02:53 PM   #17
seadubs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfChris View Post

wow!!!!
seadubs is offline   Reply With Quote