The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 7 December 2021, 03:52 AM   #31
epicurus
"TRF" Member

Want an answer to your question. Go check out service department at Land Rover. They have way more trucks waiting for service than they have to sell on the lot.
epicurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 06:47 AM   #32
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Yes….absolutely yes…..but I will agree, there is something about them that’s so nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 06:59 AM   #33
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Here in LA they're as common as hemorrhoids.
Old 7 December 2021, 07:09 AM   #34
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Exceptional vehicles.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 07:22 AM   #35
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
I’ve had five Range Rovers. Brilliant cars. Currently going through a Sports car phase, when i get tired of that, I will be going back to a Range Rover without hesitation.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 07:30 AM   #36
favre12rodgers
Banned

I would try to wait 6 months right now when the new RR comes out. It can only lessen the prices on the pre 2022 models which are ridiculous right now. You are going to take an overnight bath once the new model comes out, whether it's readily available or not..........and you are going to take two baths if you want to resell in a year or two when car values normalize and the new RR is out. Thus, try to take only 1 bath in terms of paying a little more due to shortages.
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 09:51 AM   #37
crcjr1963
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Skydweller
We have three Range Rovers right now. 2007 HSE full size, 2014 Supercharged full size, 2016 Supercharged full size. We have had the ‘07 for 10 years and have only the normal wear and tear items replaced. The ‘14 has been trouble free. The ‘16 only had a problem because of a squirrel chewing some wiring in the engine bay. They are great vehicles.
crcjr1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 09:57 AM   #38
ttomczak
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: The Beach
Everyone is talking about warranty. I’m pretty sure the maintenance is what is going to be an issue. Ever priced out a M cars or S cars brakes. And they want to replace rotors also.

If you wind it, it tells pretty good time
(Paul Newman)
ttomczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 05:07 PM   #39
favre12rodgers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttomczak View Post
Everyone is talking about warranty. I’m pretty sure the maintenance is what is going to be an issue. Ever priced out a M cars or S cars brakes. And they want to replace rotors also.
If you are buying a $100k truck or car then you already know what you are getting into....
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 08:44 PM   #40
nick800
"TRF" Member

I just had to do brakes on a LR4. First quote from the dealer was $5k. Think about that for a minute. $5,000 for brakes.

I called around a bunch and eventually got it done for $2k. That is still crazy.
nick800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 09:37 PM   #41
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
They are great vehicles. Buying right and following up on maintenance will make for an enjoyable ownership experience. I would only stick with the dealership for warranty jobs or something totally outside of an indy's comfort zone. Parts are becoming more and more available and routine maintenance needs not cost an arm and a leg. This is especially true for the L322 and the Sport which can be run on a tight budget. Not so much yet for the L405 but they are much newer still and much improved in terms of reliability, which may in fact result in overall savings.
So no, I don't think one is crazy to contemplate owning a used Range Rover, in fact it can be huge value for money. What would be crazy though, is to expect the cost of ownership to be comparable to that of a city car.
minute_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 11:46 PM   #42
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Yes.
If you are concerned about maintenance and repair costs it is better to get a Toyota Land Cruiser or the Lexus version, LX 570.
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2021, 03:17 AM   #43
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick800 View Post
I just had to do brakes on a LR4. First quote from the dealer was $5k. Think about that for a minute. $5,000 for brakes.

I called around a bunch and eventually got it done for $2k. That is still crazy.
I’ve had replaced rotors and calipers on a L322 with OEM Brembo for $1k. $2k isn’t bad but I bet you could find another Indy even less. LR4 should be a little less without the full Brembos that are on Supercharged models.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2021, 03:46 AM   #44
Bourbon
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Brick
I deff think you should spring for an 18+. The new tech/interface is a little thing... but a big improvement. Also, don't buy one that doesn't have a warranty (factory/certified/etc).
Bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2021, 04:40 AM   #45
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by favre12rodgers View Post
If you are buying a $100k truck or car then you already know what you are getting into....

And isn’t it amazing that at the core of it, the more expensive you get, the more delicate and bigger headache you’re purchasing??? Shouldn’t it go the other direction? Higher price = Higher quality? And for the MB fans, they stopped designing to a standard and started designing to a price point 25 years ago.
I’d lease the heck out of an s580 after the chip shortage is over though and you can actually get all of the options……

airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote