The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 24 November 2021, 02:50 AM   #1
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Omega Price Increase - US

Just got a text from my AD with a picture of a large Omega delivery. Seems they are stocking up now. He said there was a price increase coming soon.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2021, 04:26 AM   #2
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post

Just got a text from my AD with a picture of a large Omega delivery. Seems they are stocking up now. He said there was a price increase coming soon.

Supposedly prices are going up 5.5% on Dec 1st, not necessarily across the board mind you...

YMMV.
WilsdorfNDavis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 01:46 AM   #3
brycrob
"TRF" Member

Omega boutique in Houston told us there’ll be a price increase Monday 11/29 not 12/1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brycrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 10:47 AM   #4
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43

I’ve never really paid any attention to what the msrp are of omega watches. I do know the prices on the gray market which are pretty flooded with omega products. I’m not sure the gray market will tolerate any increase in their current asking prices. So Omega can increase their msrp by 30% , don’t think it’ll make a difference

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 11:44 AM   #5
ks58
Banned

So if an AD stocks up on a lower price, do they then make even more with the price increase? Pretty self serving obviously, but that's the world we live in.
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2021, 02:41 PM   #6
brycrob
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks58 View Post
So if an AD stocks up on a lower price, do they then make even more with the price increase? Pretty self serving obviously, but that's the world we live in.

Absolutely. In fact they probably get a chance to purchase 120% of their sales volume before the increase happens. That’s is what happens with distributors and manufacturers quite often.

brycrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 03:35 AM   #7
dummykid
"TRF" Member

No price change today on omega website

dummykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 04:40 AM   #8
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
5% - 7% going into effect on Dec 1, 2021.
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 07:05 AM   #9
puckybadger
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO/Rolex Sub
Mark-up is 15%
puckybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 03:08 PM   #10
C0d
Banned

Price increases in effect now
Old 1 December 2021, 05:03 PM   #11
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Website is down, maybe they updating the new price?
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 05:28 PM   #12
dummykid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2517 View Post
Website is down, maybe they updating the new price?

I notice the new price for seamaster 300 diver is $5400. It was $5200 last year

dummykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 11:34 PM   #13
rich-96db
"TRF" Member

Looking at the Omega site, I can see the $200 increase on the SMP 300s. No change in price on the new Speedys. I checked a few other models and didn't see any other price increases that jumped out at me.
rich-96db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2021, 12:18 AM   #14
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
$5,400 is still a decent price for a really good watch.
Old 2 December 2021, 12:43 AM   #15
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T View Post
$5,400 is still a decent price for a really good watch.

Yeah, just means a bigger discount on the gray market

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2021, 01:06 AM   #16
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich-96db View Post
Looking at the Omega site, I can see the $200 increase on the SMP 300s. No change in price on the new Speedys. I checked a few other models and didn't see any other price increases that jumped out at me.
Same here in the U.K. Seemingly only the seamasters that have gone up by about £150
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 05:35 PM   #17
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Still a damn good price for a watch that is arguably better than a Sub (and I’m a Sub owner).
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 02:48 PM   #18
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
But aren’t the retail prices on Omega watches somewhat irrelevant? They’re sold everywhere BNIB for up to 25% off retail. I guess that this is because large consignments are sold at a discount, -15% AD cut and minus taxes. I guess that’s how they are able to sell almost any watch at least -25% off retail. I bought mine for 3k including shipping from Japan. It was about 500 less than US grey dealers and around 1800 usd less than retail.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 02:56 AM   #19
majidessa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
But aren’t the retail prices on Omega watches somewhat irrelevant? They’re sold everywhere BNIB for up to 25% off retail. I guess that this is because large consignments are sold at a discount, -15% AD cut and minus taxes. I guess that’s how they are able to sell almost any watch at least -25% off retail. I bought mine for 3k including shipping from Japan. It was about 500 less than US grey dealers and around 1800 usd less than retail.
When was that? Discounting % of popular Omega releases are become less and less and in the past few months Omega has cut down ADs profit margin and are applying stricter pricing policies. The norm these days is between 5 to 10% with box and papers, unless you want to go Grey without the official warranty.
majidessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 04:10 AM   #20
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCheeta View Post
Still a damn good price for a watch that is arguably better than a Sub (and I’m a Sub owner).
Omega is so close to really giving Rolex a serious problem when it comes to the Seamaster 300/Submariner debate. Putting aside the obvious prestige of the Rolex brand, Omega already has an arguably better movement in their diver. It's clearly at a far better price point.

In my humble opinion, Omega needs make just a few minor alterations. They mostly involve the issues people bring up about the Seamaster perennially. The bracelet design needs to be reworked and tapered. The helium escape valve (while now a part of the DNA) should be revisited and potentially removed. The case size, hands, dial, etc are perfect.

I think Omega has largely created its own problem. Among the Seamasters, you have the 300M Diver which is maybe a little too stuck in the 90s and the more restrained alternative heritage 300 is a little too retro. Now that Omega seems to have leaned in more heavily on the heritage 300 being more "heritage," I think they needs to make a few subtle changes to the 300M Diver to take it from "James Bond iconic" to simply "classic."

Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 04:56 AM   #21
richard371
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
Mostly agree. I kinda like the HEV esp on the chronograph version. The braclet could use and update thought. I think they should retire the PO line as they are a bit too big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
Omega is so close to really giving Rolex a serious problem when it comes to the Seamaster 300/Submariner debate. Putting aside the obvious prestige of the Rolex brand, Omega already has an arguably better movement in their diver. It's clearly at a far better price point.

In my humble opinion, Omega needs make just a few minor alterations. They mostly involve the issues people bring up about the Seamaster perennially. The bracelet design needs to be reworked and tapered. The helium escape valve (while now a part of the DNA) should be revisited and potentially removed. The case size, hands, dial, etc are perfect.

I think Omega has largely created its own problem. Among the Seamasters, you have the 300M Diver which is maybe a little too stuck in the 90s and the more restrained alternative heritage 300 is a little too retro. Now that Omega seems to have leaned in more heavily on the heritage 300 being more "heritage," I think they needs to make a few subtle changes to the 300M Diver to take it from "James Bond iconic" to simply "classic."

richard371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 05:48 AM   #22
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
Mostly agree. I kinda like the HEV esp on the chronograph version. The braclet could use and update thought. I think they should retire the PO line as they are a bit too big.
The PO line needs to go back to the 2500 series proportions with 42mm case width, 14mm thickness, and 40mm dial size. Every iteration after that has terrible proportions.

8500- too thick. Omega stuck with the same 42mm case size and 40mm dial.
8800- dial size too small for the case thickness. Case thickness is 14mm but dial size is too small at 37mm with a 39.5mm case.
8900- way too big and thick.

All of the PO GMT's are too thick and unwearable for my wrist size.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 08:26 AM   #23
C0d
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post

While I may agree with some of you have written, I don't think Omega is going to do any of that.

1) SMP Diver has largely remained unchanged. Love it or hate it, the signature bracelet, HEV, scalloped bezel and the wave design are now part of its DNA. Its not a Submariner and isn't trying to be one either. I think that is the part of its appeal. It is its own watch and not a Submariner homage.

2) I think the NTTD Bond is an experiment on their part. Given how popular its been, I believe some of its design elements will flow into next generation SMP. The matte dial, the lumed bezel, the milanese bracelet (optional) and the domed sapphire will make their way to the new SMP when it gets revised in 2-3 years from now.

3) Bond SMP has been wildly popular, watch companies refrain from making changes to popular styles as its very dangerous and can easily backfire. They limit to changing colours and tweaking instead of making radical changes. I think SMP maybe a victim of its own success now, it will not see large changes but will incorporate design elements Omega experimented/s with NTTD and Olympics iterations.

4) Lastly, there's no point in correcting those who are getting 25% discounts on Omegas, if they can more power to them.

My 0.02 for the day.