The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 6 October 2021, 10:18 PM   #91
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotway View Post
Does anyone know what the wait time is for a new Octa S? Just as hard to get as the rest of the Journe collection?
Just as hard. (Though obviously not as hard as a Resonance.)
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2021, 10:26 PM   #92
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Does anyone know what the wait time is for a new Octa S? Just as hard to get as the rest of the Journe collection?

I would guess it’s one of the easier models to get if not the easiest. With that said, from my understanding pretty much everything for the next 12 months is sold. Most people today would be looking to secure a 2023 allocation.

The absolute best way to find out would be to walk into a Journe boutique and ask. Miami is probably the preferred location based on my understanding. Journe production being roughly 2% of AP/Patek gives you an idea of how easy it was for them to sell everything.
Old 7 October 2021, 12:28 AM   #93
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I would guess it’s one of the easier models to get if not the easiest. With that said, from my understanding pretty much everything for the next 12 months is sold. Most people today would be looking to secure a 2023 allocation.

The absolute best way to find out would be to walk into a Journe boutique and ask. Miami is probably the preferred location based on my understanding. Journe production being roughly 2% of AP/Patek gives you an idea of how easy it was for them to sell everything.
I was at the Miami boutique yesterday. Indeed, all pieces for 2022 have been allocated. From my conversations, here is what I understood.

As far as future allocations, it all depends on the models, the production numbers and the demand. Pieces such as the CS and Automatiques are produced in larger quantities than the Optimum and Resonance. So one may get a 2023 allocation for those, whereas an Optimum or a Resonance would be 2025 and beyond.

Towards the end of the year, the boutiques will tell Geneva what their interest list is (who has requested what). And based on that, Geneva will decide what they will produce.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2021, 01:41 PM   #94
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
I was at the Miami boutique yesterday. Indeed, all pieces for 2022 have been allocated. From my conversations, here is what I understood.

As far as future allocations, it all depends on the models, the production numbers and the demand. Pieces such as the CS and Automatiques are produced in larger quantities than the Optimum and Resonance. So one may get a 2023 allocation for those, whereas an Optimum or a Resonance would be 2025 and beyond.

Towards the end of the year, the boutiques will tell Geneva what their interest list is (who has requested what). And based on that, Geneva will decide what they will produce.

Yes they are building what they have a backlog of demand for and that isn’t linesport lol

Who collects linesport?

It reminds me of the classic line by Philip Seymour Hoffman in Charlie Wilson’s war.

“Me and three other guys”

Old 3 November 2021, 02:43 AM   #95
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Old 3 November 2021, 04:31 AM   #96
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes they are building what they have a backlog of demand for and that isn’t linesport lol

Who collects linesport?

It reminds me of the classic line by Philip Seymour Hoffman in Charlie Wilson’s war.

“Me and three other guys”

Been waiting for awhile for mine.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2021, 05:15 AM   #97
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
Been waiting for awhile for mine.

I know the feeling trust me. I’m 9 months or so in on a watch that was not being hoarded when I asked for it. In fact my AD had one in stock with the rubber bumper bracelet.
Old 8 November 2021, 01:13 AM   #98
cotway
Banned

Watch: Zeitwerk Date

I absolutely love mine…it is worth the wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cotway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2021, 10:25 AM   #99
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

My only complaint about this line is the lume isn't strong enough. Otherwise, I love all of mine, as well. So well done.

(Oh, and WR should be better than 30M or 50M for a sports watch.)

GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2021, 11:32 AM   #100
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

yea I don't understand why the elegante would have a screw down crown and the lines port not either
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 04:00 AM   #101
cotway
Banned

I also have a couple of complaints…water resistance is my top complaint. I did ask the factory customer service about “swimming” with it and she said no problem…don’t think I am going to try it though. My other is the clasp. I have had the deployment clasp pop open at opportune times. Other then that I love it. Legibility is awesome, especially the big date for aging eyes…I barely notice I have it on most of the time…weighs nothing…so better clasp and make it waterproof to at least 100m and it would be perfect…for me anyway…

Old 12 November 2021, 04:07 AM   #102
byr0nic
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing art & watches
Quote:
Having chatted with boutique staff (HK and Dubai), only about 10% of production are/have been LineSport, and so also as we know the reality of FPJ producing only ~900 watches per year, it’s slim pickings to begin with. So the real question IMO is what is the delta between supply and demand, rather than demand on its own, and if 10% is correct, it does give the LineSport range quite a decent handicap!

I’m also willing to bet that ceteris paribus the demand (particularly as the brand at large continues to increase in popularity) does start trickling down to ‘benefit’ the bracelet models, such that it’s actually a longer wait on some of these (particularly the ARS2) than most others in the collection. (No comparisons to the Resonance, of course, and realistically never will be.)
byr0nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2021, 04:12 AM   #103
byr0nic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Who collects linesport?
That would be me!

TBF I don’t consider myself a ‘collector’ of anything, though I’m v. keen to complete my trifecta across the metals/movements of the current lineup; just waiting on the platinum Rattrapante on order… fingers crossed for 2022!
Old 12 November 2021, 06:33 AM   #104
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by byr0nic View Post
That would be me!

TBF I don’t consider myself a ‘collector’ of anything, though I’m v. keen to complete my trifecta across the metals/movements of the current lineup; just waiting on the platinum Rattrapante on order… fingers crossed for 2022!

Congrats in advance I love the dial on the Pt CMS. I’m also hoping for my Ti CMS next year. Although I’ve also asked for a CTS2 there doesn’t seem to be any clear timeline as they aren’t producing centigraphs currently.
Old 12 November 2021, 08:12 AM   #105
byr0nic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats in advance I love the dial on the Pt CMS. I’m also hoping for my Ti CMS next year. Although I’ve also asked for a CTS2 there doesn’t seem to be any clear timeline as they aren’t producing centigraphs currently.
Thanks mate, and to you!

If they do get back on the Centigraphe (which I do hope for; it’s such a fantastic movement, and I love the incidental charitable contribution baked in to Centigraphes, courtesy of FPJ’s association with the ICM Brain & Spinal Cord Institute), I’d also love a yellow dial CTS2… the Ti’s are just brilliant daily wearers… and I think you mentioned already, perfectly stealthy which is unfortunately increasingly necessary here in London…

Old 5 December 2021, 02:55 AM   #106
cotway
Banned

I have been lurking on Chrono24 and have noticed that the Octa S’ have been dwindling. Pricing is getting out of control on these now? There sure are a lot of Chronometre Bleu for sale!

Old 5 December 2021, 04:52 AM   #107
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I have been lurking on Chrono24 and have noticed that the Octa S’ have been dwindling. Pricing is getting out of control on these now? There sure are a lot of Chronometre Bleu for sale!

I think there’s just not that many out there. Tough to find any Journe below 55-60k these days so it’s either a CS or ARS2 if you’re not looking to spend 80+. Then if you want one direct figure everything is 18 months or more unless you’re somebody.
Old 5 December 2021, 02:34 PM   #108
lanteanflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’d say pricing is completely under control. The basic sports watch from the hottest brand on Earth currently trades flat to its quartz counterpart the Elegante, and is the cheapest mechanical Journe on offer by some distance. It trades at about 1.5x retail whilst most sports watches from Rolex and Patek are 3-4x retail and discontinued Journes are 6x+. And there’s only about 1000 line Sport of all variations and metals in existence.

Happy to say all this as I’ve just picked mine up now :) it hasn’t helped that the watch photographs terribly and needs to be worn to fully appreciated (a lame line too often used but think holds true for a watch whose appeal comes in large part from its lightweight and comfortable fit). In person there’s a depth and richness to the dial that makes it look more worthy than the black toy swatch it can look like in photos.

lanteanflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2022, 03:47 PM   #109
quattro100
"TRF" Member

What a surprise incoming! This is my first fpj and a surprise. I had my name on this and the lune since 2018 and was told 2022 allocation are all gone. You can imagine the surprise I got 2 weeks ago when my sales called me and said they had a surprise for me. Super comfortable and fun to play with. Love this new version too as I am unsure about the previous rubber.
And after

quattro100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2022, 12:09 AM   #110
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro100 View Post
What a surprise incoming! This is my first fpj and a surprise. I had my name on this and the lune since 2018 and was told 2022 allocation are all gone. You can imagine the surprise I got 2 weeks ago when my sales called me and said they had a surprise for me. Super comfortable and fun to play with. Love this new version too as I am unsure about the previous rubber.
And after

Congrats! I’ve been patiently waiting for this exact piece too. Hoping to join you this summer.

Post as many photos as you like here
Old 21 February 2022, 01:04 AM   #111
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Congrats :)
Old 21 February 2022, 01:05 PM   #112
cotway
Banned

Congratulations! Looks awesome!

Quote:
Congrats! I’ve been patiently waiting for this exact piece too. Hoping to join you this summer.

Old 22 February 2022, 10:33 PM   #113
quattro100
"TRF" Member

Quote:

All the best, worth the wait!

quattro100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 12:39 AM   #114
lusfort
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Hello! i've been doing quite a bit of research on the linesport collection and have been absolutely infatuated with the Rose Gold Centigraphe. Just wanted to check if this was really the case that they arn't produced at the moment?
lusfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 01:09 AM   #115
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

LineSport arriving soon :)
Old 1 March 2022, 01:55 AM   #116
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusfort View Post
Hello! i've been doing quite a bit of research on the linesport collection and have been absolutely infatuated with the Rose Gold Centigraphe. Just wanted to check if this was really the case that they arn't produced at the moment?

That was as of Q4 2021. I would contact your nearest FPJ boutique and ask. In person is for sure the best if possible.

It was more likely just the fact that they were prioritizing other high complications which remain very back logged.

That is a sensational choice. I really like the looks of the RG and PT linesport but I have a very strong preference for comfort first so I stick to titanium
Old 1 March 2022, 01:56 AM   #117
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
LineSport arriving soon :)

Congrats in advance! Please share it with us when ready
Old 1 March 2022, 06:54 AM   #118
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member