The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 16 February 2011, 09:09 AM   #1
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
Thinking about the Chronospace Jet Limited

Hello all, I recently saw the new ChronoSpace model and fell in love. I sold my Airwolf last week to make a place in the stable for a new watch.

I was planning on the Tungsten color dial on the mesh bracelet. This color:

I contacted my AD and I am lucky enough to have a knowledgeable, helpful dealer nearby in a tax free state. They just got the new Jet model which I had never seen or heard of. Its a limited edition of 1000 pieces and they have number 06XX/1000 in stock.

I must say that I like the look of it quote a bit. Now I need to make a decision. Some pro/con discussions.

Jet is limited edition. I do have a habit of flipping watches so hopefully it will hold value.

I love the Tungsten color in images but haven't seen one in person. I have seen other watches with that color dial and was on the hunt for a grey airwolf when I saw the Chronospace.

I was worried about the Jet with silver dial and silver hands. I don't own any silver face watches because I am afraid they are not easy to tell the time. Lets face it, this watch is not made for easy time viewing, like most Breitling models! I was happy to see that the chrome hands seem to have good contrast with the dial. The silver dial is almost a white cream color actually.

The Jet is about $100 more so no biggie.

I was able to negotiate a nice discount on both models. I was worried the Jet would not be discounted, but I got the same % off for either.

I think I like the look of the little jet and logo on the dial. In truth I think the large 9-3 on the dial might be too much.

Anyone want to chime in with an opinion on this decision. In the end I will go look at them and make my own choice but I wanted to hear from you guys. Are the Breitling limited editions anything special? I think the Omega limited edition pieces are not so special myself because they seem to have several every year. (no offense to owners please!) But you get my meaning I think.

Here are some pics I stole from Google:

Old 16 February 2011, 10:18 AM   #2
barstoolman
Banned

Both look great........as far as holding value, well, we all know Breitlings don't so if you plan on flipping it you need to buy it at a hefty discount. Good luck!!!!!!
barstoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2011, 11:59 PM   #3
vukotab
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing movies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barstoolman View Post
Both look great........as far as holding value, well, we all know Breitlings don't so if you plan on flipping it you need to buy it at a hefty discount. Good luck!!!!!!
Exactly! Holding value, unfortunately, is not one of Breitling`s plus sides, especially when it comes to quartz models.
Anyway, I would go for that watch, it looks spectacular IMHO, just seek for some nice discount (I got 30% discount from AD here in Belgrade some three years ago for SuperOcean).

Good luck!
vukotab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2011, 01:43 AM   #4
GFEAR
"TRF" Member

you wont get 30 anymore, since then breitling decreased the deler discount instead of raising retail prices, which they just did now also. the jet team is VERY hard to get in the us, there are less than 50 here, most of them are in europe, so i if you are there you have a shot
GFEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2011, 04:12 AM   #5
ayecarumba
"TRF" Member

Watch: the one I'm wearin
Nice dilemma to have!

Hi Tony,

Thanks for letting me vicariously join in the hunt!

You and others make some good points in that:

1. Breitlings (as mentioned esp. quartz) aren't renown for holding their value.
2. Only a handful of ltd. editions have performed well (as mentioned again, not particularly quartzes) in price...the Bentley Le Mans comes to mind...

If you're looking to flip in the next 3-5 years you may wish to look elsewhere. But then again, you never know going forward what's going to become a classic or in demand collectible years down the road. That history has yet to be written.

I was hoping to find some caseback pictures of the Jet Ltd edition...can't say I like the chronospace caseback all that much with the distress signal markers on the case....Was thinking the JET might have a nicer ltd edition caseback? I love my B1 fan turbine blade caseback!

They're both great...and $ isn't really an issue since they're only $100 diff...

I give the JET a slight edge and that would be my pick:
I like the mini jet and jet team logo on the dial and I'm guessing the caseback is a bit nicer ltd edition one than the reg. chronospace.

Good luck whichever you decide...looking forward to seeing it (and perhaps that ltd edition caseback!).

--Paul

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his planets in chime,
Marketh the going of Time." --Edward Fitzgerald
ayecarumba is offline   Reply With Quote