The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 5 June 2019, 02:23 AM   #1
Pangit
"TRF" Member

Seamaster rubber strap

I picked up a new seamaster back in November from Watches of Switzerland and at that time I ordered a blue rubber strap which I paid for in full. I was told it would take about 8 weeks to arrive. We are now in early June and I have still not received my strap. Last time I checked in the store the salesman told me that there was a very long waiting list on the strap and that the salesman I bought the watch from was wrong to tell me that the waiting time was 8 weeks. That salesman I had a long relationship with but unfortunately he retired in December. Is there a delay in receiving the rubber straps ? I plan to visit the store next week (its been 6 weeks since my last visit and I still haven’t heard from them) and I wanted to check with the forum before I start kicking up a fuss and asking for my money back.

Thanks
Pangit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 06:27 AM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangit View Post
I picked up a new seamaster back in November from Watches of Switzerland and at that time I ordered a blue rubber strap which I paid for in full. I was told it would take about 8 weeks to arrive. We are now in early June and I have still not received my strap. Last time I checked in the store the salesman told me that there was a very long waiting list on the strap and that the salesman I bought the watch from was wrong to tell me that the waiting time was 8 weeks. That salesman I had a long relationship with but unfortunately he retired in December. Is there a delay in receiving the rubber straps ? I plan to visit the store next week (its been 6 weeks since my last visit and I still haven’t heard from them) and I wanted to check with the forum before I start kicking up a fuss and asking for my money back.

Thanks
Wow, that's a long time to wait. I think if I were in your shoes, I would contact Omega Customer Service (at Omega's UK Headquarters) to let them know about the issue. I would inform the store manager ahead of time.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 06:39 AM   #3
sager
"TRF" Member

Too long.

It usually takes 3-4 weeks to have an omega strap delivered to the boutique/ADs I deal with.

Also, I never paid in advance for any strap either.

I would not be happy at all if I were in your shoes. I'd ask for a time-frame.
sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 06:48 AM   #4
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sager View Post
Too long.

It usually takes 3-4 weeks to have an omega strap delivered to the boutique/ADs I deal with.

Also, I never paid in advance for any strap either.

I would not be happy at all if I were in your shoes. I'd ask for a time-frame.

See my other post in this subforum - the tang buckles for this strap have been backordered and still are backordered - the problem is Switzerland . My AD has shared emails w me and a separate omega boutique confirmed this. I ordered in early January - at the time Swatch said mid feb. then early April. Then may. Then June 11. That’s the latest I heard . So it’s not OPs AD’s fault - blame the mothership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 08:12 AM   #5
Zoomerang
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600
Yup, the rubber straps and tang buckles for the new SMPc have been backordered. My local boutique wouldn't even take my money for one because they don't know how of a wait it would be.
Zoomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 01:03 PM   #6
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang View Post
Yup, the rubber straps and tang buckles for the new SMPc have been backordered. My local boutique wouldn't even take my money for one because they don't know how of a wait it would be.

If it was the OB at the fashion mall in SD, I was told by SA that there are 300 on the wait list there!

Old 5 June 2019, 03:18 PM   #7
akendo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
When I ordered a rubber strap and deployant from the OB I had to pay in advance. They say that too many customers order straps and don’t pick them up. The boutique is charged by Omega regardless. Mine was on back order and took around 6 weeks to arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
akendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 09:05 PM   #8
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akendo View Post
When I ordered a rubber strap and deployant from the OB I had to pay in advance. They say that too many customers order straps and don’t pick them up. The boutique is charged by Omega regardless. Mine was on back order and took around 6 weeks to arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s the tang that is the issue in this case, not the deployant and maybe not even the strap itself. I paid for both in advance in early January - received the rubber strap in feb , still waiting on tang buckle

Old 6 June 2019, 02:21 AM   #9
Pangit
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the replies. Glad to know there is a genuine issue and that my AD is not messing me about. I paid in advance because I was working overseas and thought it would be easier for my wife to pick up for me whilst I was away. She did call into the AD in February and they showed her the strap but said they were still waiting on the buckle. I thought this was a bit strange at the time but it seems from the replies that this is correct. I still find it strange that it takes this long for a strap and buckle
Old 6 June 2019, 08:01 AM   #10
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. Glad to know there is a genuine issue and that my AD is not messing me about. I paid in advance because I was working overseas and thought it would be easier for my wife to pick up for me whilst I was away. She did call into the AD in February and they showed her the strap but said they were still waiting on the buckle. I thought this was a bit strange at the time but it seems from the replies that this is correct. I still find it strange that it takes this long for a strap and buckle

Strange indeed - have been waiting for a SS tang buckle longer than Rolex SS watches!

Old 6 June 2019, 09:51 AM   #11
srleadjb
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks
I ordered mine January 31st. The strap is in but no buckle still. I'm thinking of ordering one of these until it comes in.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6684050...search_click=1
srleadjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 12:19 PM   #12
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srleadjb View Post
I ordered mine January 31st. The strap is in but no buckle still. I'm thinking of ordering one of these until it comes in.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6684050...search_click=1

Problem w this and others on eBay is the pin - very skinny relative to the wide holes of the rubber strap ... for this reason I haven’t ordered one

Old 6 June 2019, 12:46 PM   #13
srleadjb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Problem w this and others on eBay is the pin - very skinny relative to the wide holes of the rubber strap ... for this reason I haven’t ordered one

Hmmm interesting.
srleadjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2019, 01:01 AM   #14
Pangit
"TRF" Member

Update - went into the AD last week. The strap is there which they showed me but no buckle and pin. I waited less time for my aquanaut !
Old 22 June 2019, 03:04 AM   #15
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2019, 04:48 AM   #16
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Update - went into the AD last week. The strap is there which they showed me but no buckle and pin. I waited less time for my aquanaut !

Same here -
Still waiting for my buckle (have the strap) since January

Old 15 August 2019, 02:26 AM   #17
Pangit
"TRF" Member

I visited the AD again yesterday. Still no buckle. It’s now been 9 months since I ordered it. The sales lady in the AD rang Omega whilst I waited. Apparently, they are making these buckles by hand hence the delay. (??) They are expecting a shipment shortly and I might get mine in 6-8 weeks (which was the original wait time I was quoted back in December 2018). The wait goes on....
Old 15 August 2019, 02:35 AM   #18
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I visited the AD again yesterday. Still no buckle. It’s now been 9 months since I ordered it. The sales lady in the AD rang Omega whilst I waited. Apparently, they are making these buckles by hand hence the delay. (??) They are expecting a shipment shortly and I might get mine in 6-8 weeks (which was the original wait time I was quoted back in December 2018). The wait goes on....

I got mine last month and took me 7 months !

Old 20 August 2019, 01:18 AM   #19
poppop1955
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
How much have the straps been selling for?
poppop1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 01:44 AM   #20
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Yikes, I had no idea it took that long to get a rubber strap from Omega. I ordered a leather aligator strap for my MW and it only took a couple weeks. Sounds like they must have a huge demand for the rubber straps.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 05:16 AM   #21
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Quote:
I suggest contacting a boutique if there is one near by. In CA the boutiques received the buckles but the AD's have not.
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 03:47 PM   #22
Pangit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppop1955 View Post
How much have the straps been selling for?
I paid £220 back in December which was about US$270 at the time.