The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 November 2019, 04:55 AM   #61
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony64 View Post

If you had your own forum I think I'd be first in line to join.
Very interesting. I wonder how many others would join? Chances are pretty high that I would, too.
Rolex addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 06:30 AM   #62
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex addict View Post
Very interesting. I wonder how many others would join? Chances are pretty high that I would, too.
Well, just to be clear, I wasn’t actually suggesting a secession. Just a commentary on how Seth (Superdog) seems generally more self-aware than most.

Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 06:54 AM   #63
kwcsports
"TRF" Member

I think the forum is great. I've learned a lot here and enjoyed many conversations. If you're not enjoying it, move on.
kwcsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 07:43 AM   #64
Kyle3130
"TRF" Member

Watch: FXD
Boring isn't the right word. Oversaturated with threads about topics that have been beat to death is more like it. The current market situation has caused an uproar because not to many people have patience. We live in a society where everyone's attention spans are shortening and instant gratification is more important than the quality of the gratification. "The ability to delay pleasure is a sign of maturity" - Dave Ramsey
Humans aren't maturing, they are regressing IMHO.
Old 10 November 2019, 07:49 AM   #65
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
I am seeing most posts are totally worthless these days. It is easy to browse through titles, ranging from what something is worth, reasons to buy or not buy, even recent orders for hard to get pieces that leave clients less than convinced they made a nice purchase.

Sorry for the rant. The forum is totally useless to me at this time. I might pull away altogether. If you still enjoy it, kudos to you I am pulling away from all the nonsense.
Seriously? Someone needs to show you the door out.

This is a completely worthless post. Just another ‘I’m not happy with the state of the Rolex hobby’. Exactly the kind of post you’re complaining about.
Robtayham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 08:07 AM   #66
austinp
"TRF" Member

Boring? Thats nonsense. How bout the Word Association Game and Musical Chain Game?

Entertainment GOLD I tell you!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 08:11 AM   #67
Dr. Robert
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Boring? Thats nonsense. How bout the Word Association Game and Musical Chain Game?

Entertainment GOLD I tell you!

I concur
Old 10 November 2019, 08:33 AM   #68
MSchu
Banned

Quote:
Forum has become BORING
I disagree OP... I think gray market middle men are fantastic and interesting profiteering individuals.
MSchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 08:35 AM   #69
DJ TT 2002
2024 Pledge Member

This forum is my delightful respite from the hustle and bustle of the workaday world
I enjoy myself 99.99999% of the time

If there is a lull or if something nettles me, I simply take a break.
I can hit the ignore button if necessary,too

TRF has so much knowledge to offer.
The forum has a plethora of quality people involved

It’s a great place and I’m lucky to participate!!!!!!!

All the best,
T

Added a picture as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg AD2B7289-E65C-4A67-8F52-7C65C7A44E03.jpeg (111.7 KB, 228 views)
DJ TT 2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 09:32 AM   #70
Michaeli Paulo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
I’m not complaining; just an observation. Though I’m super new to this forum, I’ve spent (wasted? ha,ha!) many years on other internet forums.

Regarding repetitive posts, watches are a finite subject; though there’s a lot to say, there’s still a limited amount of topics to discuss, queries to make, observations to share. So, if you hang around long enough, new material is few and far between.

Then, there’s the “new thread/old thread” quandary. If someone posts a new thread on something that's been “discussed to death,” they are sometimes chastised for doing so and sent off to “use the search button.”

If they then “use the search button,” and post on an old thread that pertains to their new question or comment, they are guilty of “digging up a dead thread.”

Often, it’s a “lose/lose” situation.

Personally, I believe that many members hesitate to post anything at all, as they’d rather not open themselves up to ridicule. There doesn’t seem to be any subject or comment that is safe from garnering demeaning remarks.

Finally, since “a thread is worthless without pics,” here’s my one and only...

Michaeli Paulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 10:29 AM   #71
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Don’t be ridiculous Chad, no one would leave TRF
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 10:37 AM   #72
austinp
"TRF" Member

Edit
Old 10 November 2019, 10:39 AM   #73
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeli Paulo View Post
I’m not complaining; just an observation. Though I’m super new to this forum, I’ve spent (wasted? ha,ha!) many years on other internet forums.

Regarding repetitive posts, watches are a finite subject; though there’s a lot to say, there’s still a limited amount of topics to discuss, queries to make, observations to share. So, if you hang around long enough, new material is few and far between.

Then, there’s the “new thread/old thread” quandary. If someone posts a new thread on something that's been “discussed to death,” they are sometimes chastised for doing so and sent off to “use the search button.”

If they then “use the search button,” and post on an old thread that pertains to their new question or comment, they are guilty of “digging up a dead thread.”

Personally, I believe that many members hesitate to post anything at all, as they’d rather not open themselves up to ridicule. There doesn’t seem to be any subject or comment that is safe from garnering demeaning remarks.

Right back at you! Perfect reference.

Old 10 November 2019, 10:44 AM   #74
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Count me in.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 10:45 AM   #75
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:

This is a good point. It's exacerbated by the frustration of not having the opportunity to get new watches. Furthermore, the watches aren't changing much. Frustrating times for some.....and frustrated people post their frustration. Me? I take what interests me and I leave the rest.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 11:08 AM   #76
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:

Excellent synopsis.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 12:35 PM   #77
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Me too
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 01:54 PM   #78
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Would there be a Star Wars section? That would be a huge factor.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 02:39 PM   #79
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Icon19

I have been waiting a long time to use these Emoji's!!

Thank you

I never thought the day would come!!

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 02:40 PM   #80
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousMaximus View Post
I have been waiting a long time to use these Emoji's!!

Thank you

I never thought the day would come!!
Excuse me Sir, Don't you think that was a little harsh?

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
Old 10 November 2019, 02:42 PM   #81
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousMaximus View Post
Excuse me Sir, Don't you think that was a little harsh?
Yes I do and I apologize for my distasteful and unsolicited Response however I do feel that I made it FUN nonetheless...

Old 10 November 2019, 03:17 PM   #82
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Sam.... I really think you need help.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 08:20 PM   #83
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
Another Forum that I frequent really DOES struggle in terms of contributions and content.
I do my best to contribute as many posts and threads as I can and to inject a bit of life/fun/friendly contention into it but some of the responses I get make it clear that my efforts aren't appreciated by all and that some clearly have no insight to what I'm trying to do. I don't let it deter me as I believe it is a worthwhile Forum and that there are enough 'positive' members to make the effort worthwhile.
Be the positive change.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 11:23 PM   #84
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Good luck and hope you find what your looking for.
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 11:42 PM   #85
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:

Exactly!!!

I would say however that sometimes even when the same question is posted it will sometimes elicit a new take or even new information and often it is some of these same questions when they are posted that these are the kind of things that keeps a forum going.

Either way no one is saying you have to open the threads that bore you. I certainly don't as I only open those I am interested in.

Whatever the subject or whatever the forum is about there is nothing more boring than a dead forum where nobody no longer posts anything whatsoever.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 11:48 PM   #86
Widows Son
"TRF" Member

Sometimes it's the message, sometimes it's the messenger. I don't think anyone likes to be called "boring." Maybe the newer members could use the search button more often. How many times do we have to argue about what constitutes a dress watch, can you wear a Sub with a suit, is it safe to wear my watch playing tennis, or one of my favorites, does this watch look to small???? Too small for what??? Can you read the dial??? If so then it's not "too small!!!!" I too enjoy the sub forums more these days.
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 11:53 PM   #87
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Another Forum that I frequent really DOES struggle in terms of contributions and content.
I do my best to contribute as many posts and threads as I can and to inject a bit of life/fun/friendly contention into it ......
Be the positive change.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2019, 12:13 AM   #88
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Finally, since “a thread is worthless without pics,” here’s my one and only
I also think that the repetitive threads reflect what’s going in the marketplace. The reason why there are so many ‘display cases are empty’ threads is because the display cases are empty. As a TRF member, they want to come talk about that, not search and find out what other TRF members said about it. So it creates a lot of repetitive threads. However painful, we should welcome their posts, because they’re engaged.

Now...the one-post ‘my dead relative just left me a Rolex, so authenticate it for me’ threads are so painful they should be banned. But, isn’t that the issue, we all have our opinions about what should be threads and what shouldn’t. This forum allows each of us to pick and choose. That’s the point.
Robtayham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2019, 12:37 AM   #89
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Either way no one is saying you have to open the threads that bore you. I certainly don't as I only open those I am interested in.
THANK YOU! Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2019, 12:38 AM   #90
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
I am seeing most posts are totally worthless these days. It is easy to browse through titles, ranging from what something is worth, reasons to buy or not buy, even recent orders for hard to get pieces that leave clients less than convinced they made a nice purchase.

Sorry for the rant. The forum is totally useless to me at this time. I might pull away altogether. If you still enjoy it, kudos to you I am pulling away from all the nonsense.
You're not exactly adding any value either.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote