The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 July 2021, 09:43 PM   #31
Romeojk
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
I agree! Congratulations and good luck!

We absolutely would not be in the house we are in without our realtor bringing it to our attention over 8yrs ago two days before it hit the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 10:17 PM   #32
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
My opinion as someone who holds a license is that bare minimum you need to offer 3% to buyers agents and have the ability to prep and market your home effectively or you will lose every time.

In this market you want about 5 days of market exposure with a set date for offers. You want the maximum amount of offers without underpricing. If you’re going at it on your own be sure you have an attorney that specializes in RE not your uncle bob who does estates.

There’s a very small margin that can be saved and for most people they screw it up. It’s an emotional high value transaction. The absolute worst situation is when the buyer and the seller meet before the deal is complete. One of them almost always says something that the other doesn’t like. Unreasonable requests are common place. You need to remove emotions and have a poker face. Some don’t have it. Some can handle it just fine.
Old 26 July 2021, 10:23 PM   #33
THC

Watch: 16610M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duey View Post
This is the exact thing that happened to my next door neighbor in May.
Divorce - and this saves them open houses, multiple showings, etc. - basically the time / hassle it takes to prep for a sale. They got 3 months free rent back. But then after the sale they found out they lost out on over $150k .
The realtor said the the same thing - it was their decision to sell not the mine, he just told them it was the right thing to do - It was sad to watch the realtor take advantage of them.

But when the new buyers moved in they said they basically stole it (their words not mine)
Kinda similar to buying a DayC500 white dial from an AD instead of going Grey.
Well done Jesse.. deals are everywhere in all markets
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 11:27 PM   #34
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Beautiful area. Congratulations!
Old 5 August 2021, 01:05 AM   #35
JParm

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
Long post warning!

In Monterey, we've offered on 2 homes - 1st one had 6 offers within the 1st weekend and went to an all-cash buyer above ask.
A follow-up to the 1st home that we had offered on - it officially moved from pending to sold last night - 1.25M list price, sold for 1.407M...again, all cash. Insanity. We had no shot, and my Realtor reiterated that it's the influx of WFH tech employees who think Monterey is "cheap" when compared to Silicon Valley. Plus, it's a city right on the water!

Still thanking our lucky stars about our off-market deal...we close in a week and half.
Old 5 August 2021, 01:48 AM   #36
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
A follow-up to the 1st home that we had offered on - it officially moved from pending to sold last night - 1.25M list price, sold for 1.407M...again, all cash. Insanity. We had no shot, and my Realtor reiterated that it's the influx of WFH tech employees who think Monterey is "cheap" when compared to Silicon Valley. Plus, it's a city right on the water!

Still thanking our lucky stars about our off-market deal...we close in a week and half.
Great news. Congratulations.

We were in Silicon Valley in the 90s and one year a house was $275 and a couple of years later it was $775. Tech dollars and stock options. Something like 12 new millionaires a day and a billionaire every month or some such craziness.

Now it's work from home and it's spreads out even farther, up to Sonoma County as well.

Good news, once you're in, you're in.