The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 February 2024, 03:58 AM   #1
Afterglow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blancpain FF
Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar -Impressions?

Former "Rolex Only" Kool-Aid drinker, way over the nonsense, eyes now open to amazing other brands. I own a BP Fifty Fathoms which is a great diver.

I can't take my eyes off this GO. Any owners? Impressions? I like this exact combo but the black dial seems hard to find. Thoughts? Thanks.

Edited to add ... I know resale is weak, 40 hr. power reserve short, and often looked upon as a poor man's ALS. I don't care. I think the value in this watch for what you get, for the price is a hidden gem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg o43hesuxuk271.jpg (104.8 KB, 258 views)
Old 24 February 2024, 04:15 AM   #2
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
Have owned around 3 or 4 years wear it super often relative to how many watches I have in rotation and smile every time I put it on. Can't recommend the PML more and that black dial version is incredible looking I'm VERY tempted to consider that as well some day.

Old 24 February 2024, 04:22 AM   #3
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

I owned a Panomatic Lunar and a Lange 1 at the same time.

I liked and wore the Panomatic Lunar more often. The dial was simply much better executed. The date disc for example, is not all wonky like on Lange.

The one thing is the thickness due to being an auto...but its not anything crazy.

Overall would recommend strongly. It's basically a better designed Lange without extensive hand finishing. At current used prices, Lange isn't even worth the premium IMO.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 06:25 AM   #4
Watch-Geek
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
I owned a Panomatic Lunar and a Lange 1 at the same time.

I liked and wore the Panomatic Lunar more often. The dial was simply much better executed. The date disc for example, is not all wonky like on Lange.

The one thing is the thickness due to being an auto...but its not anything crazy.

Overall would recommend strongly. It's basically a better designed Lange without extensive hand finishing. At current used prices, Lange isn't even worth the premium IMO.
Oh my god FINALLY someone thinks the same as me, GO has a much better executed date being on the same level

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk
Watch-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 07:21 AM   #5
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
I had the green dial version and it’s a beautiful watch.

Agree with others on the date. I also think it fits a smaller wrist better with the shorter lugs compared to ALS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24 February 2024, 07:14 PM   #6
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

I’ve never tried one, but I’d certainly take a closer look when it’s time to start buying again. The dial execution is exquisite and as said previously the date position certainly more aligned than AL!!
Old 24 February 2024, 07:22 PM   #7
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Great watches but I have always thought they are chasing ALS when they could run on their own.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 09:08 PM   #8
Chronix
"TRF" Member

The GO PanoMaticLunar is a beautiful watch. Will hopefully add the green dial to the collection soon!
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 11:39 PM   #9
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great looking watches but with no AD close by to check them out I will admire from afar.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2024, 11:42 PM   #10
le_baron
"TRF" Member

The PML is a great watch!

That said, I purchased with the Panoreserve because the PML was too thick for me. I later acquired a Lange 1. The Lange 1 has better movement finishing. Make no mistake though, the Panoreserve has phenomenal movement finishing. It also has a better--single plane--date display and, IMO, a better way to set same (its date is set from the crown, whereas the L1 date must be set from the button at 10:00). I wear both the L1 and the Panoreserve with pride
Old 25 February 2024, 10:03 AM   #11
Loosetoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_baron View Post
The PML is a great watch!

That said, I purchased with the Panoreserve because the PML was too thick for me. I later acquired a Lange 1. The Lange 1 has better movement finishing. Make no mistake though, the Panoreserve has phenomenal movement finishing. It also has a better--single plane--date display and, IMO, a better way to set same (its date is set from the crown, whereas the L1 date must be set from the button at 10:00). I wear both the L1 and the Panoreserve with pride
These are almost exactly my thoughts.
I prefer the size of the L1 over the size of the PML, though i think both are very attractive watches.
The reserve is more attractive to me as i prefer the manual wind, thickness, and movement appearance on it over the Lunar.
I think the rose gold/ blue dial Glashuttes are so very good looking. Perhaps i will give the reserve another look.
Loosetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2024, 10:10 AM   #12
nicky77
"TRF" Member

It is thicker than the Lange but it is still a very nice watch. It is in stainless steel which is nice as it does not scratch as easily as gold.
nicky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2024, 10:34 AM   #13
Beginner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Anything ticks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
I had the green dial version and it’s a beautiful watch.

Agree with others on the date. I also think it fits a smaller wrist better with the shorter lugs compared to ALS

That green dial looks awesome!

I have seen the black, white/silver and blue dial versions but not this green yet.

Thanks for sharing!
Beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2024, 01:20 PM   #14
vjsllash
"TRF" Member

my green say hello
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S__18006221.jpg (179.5 KB, 129 views)
vjsllash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 07:26 AM   #15
sambb
"TRF" Member

is there a salmon dial version? m Heard that is nice.
sambb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 08:00 AM   #16
MILGAUSS88
"TRF" Member

I like both the GO an ALS in photos, but was disappointed with the size of the (I guess sub-) dials when I saw it in person.
So, a must see in person, before you purchase.
MILGAUSS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 09:02 AM   #17
docmaster1
"TRF" Member

I purchased a GO panomaticlunar and it’s my first German made wristwatch. Very happy with it. I purchased it because I couldn’t get the Rolex watches I wanted when I wanted. I purchased my omega speedy in the same fashion. I am starting to get into other brands now. The only weird thing is the rotor seems really loud. But I love the look of it.

docmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 09:28 AM   #18
Loosetoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambb View Post
is there a salmon dial version? m Heard that is nice.
Yes, but it is VERY elusive. Search google for "rose opaline Glashutte Original"
Loosetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 11:32 AM   #19
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
After looking at a new Lange 1 that cost $44.7, the PML seems like a rational solution.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote