The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 2 August 2021, 02:16 PM   #31
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHORSE 6 View Post
OP, hope you get better soon and that your case is mild.
Thank you, so far it seems like nothing serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I hope you feel better soon Basil, it is a good thing you had the vacc, if you caught the virus now without that protection my guess is it would have been a lot more serious.
Thank you, Paul. That's why I got vaccinated in the first place. In the current situation, sooner or later, almost everyone will face the virus, no matter how careful.

So far it feels so insignificant that I wouldn't even bother to investigate in the times before the outbreak .If it wasn't for the + tests, well, nothing to write home about.
Without the vaccine, could have been a totally different story.

I'm now going for the PCR test to officially confirm which I fully expect to be + too...

Will keep you posted.
Old 2 August 2021, 02:39 PM   #32
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
One more thing I wasn't aware of that will keep me up at night. If I'm going to waste away I want it to be by choice like Keith Richards
Wow, I had to Google that one...yup, that won't be good! Scary thought is symptoms don't show for 18-24 months after exposure, that is crazy.
Old 2 August 2021, 05:46 PM   #33
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

To those who self-test:

You can be tested negative today and turn positive overnight.
Self tests have a lot of tolerance for user error so even if you didn't go 100% by the book, they still can be relied upon for a result, especially when it's positive.
Self tests can be VERY weakly reactive to the point one could dismiss them as negative. Be skeptical at the slightest hint.

See below:

Could be dismissed as negative

Saliva test:

As a fully vaccinated individual, I'm under ZERO obligation to self-test. And yet I did test for myself and those around me. And it took 3 negatives and one very very faintly reactive over the course of 3 days with rather unremarkable symptoms to determine.

2 hours later...

Another mfg saliva test

And 2 1/2 hours later; nasal swab.

So self testing is rather inexpensive and indeed helps ring a bell if done at the right time.
Old 3 August 2021, 02:28 AM   #34
Clockmeister
"TRF" Member

I look forward to a third vaccination (booster) as in other countries.
Old 3 August 2021, 03:15 AM   #35
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockmeister View Post
I look forward to a third vaccination (booster) as in other countries.
We are struggling to get even half the population fully vaccinated here. Let alone a follow up dose!

As a result the government resorted into selling the herd immunity narrative in a futile effort to talk skeptics and antivaxers alike into the vaccines. As if getting the jab would be the silver bullet. That is not the case.
Couple this with ambiguity from the media and what you get is 1000s of ill-informed loose cannons on the streets with a false sense of security.

I got laughed at when still carried sanitizer and wore a mask in 44C despite being fully vaccinated.

Guess I got my 3rd dose the natural way after all...fingers crossed it won't kill me.
Old 3 August 2021, 03:18 AM   #36
Everbillz
Banned

This is crazy, you could possibly have contracted a different variant of the covid -19 (delta variant would be my wildest guess). But then does it imply that each variants has different vaccines? Get well soon man and thanks for the info.
Old 3 August 2021, 03:23 AM   #37
RichM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
That’s terrible. Hope you have a full and speedy recovery.
TRF #139960
Old 3 August 2021, 03:28 AM   #38
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Thank you, guys!

PCR result just hit my inbox.

Positive of course. So no surprises there.
Old 3 August 2021, 03:32 AM   #39
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

A quick update on my symptoms, I'm not feeling too bad at all, could blame the 44C ambient for my light-headedness. No headaches no temperature.
Sense of smell is still there, say at 50% but present. Taste combined and I can still savor a nice cup of coffee. This will be very uplifting for the next 10 or so days...Hope it lasts and improves.
Old 3 August 2021, 04:31 AM   #40
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Speedy recovery to all.

CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-...accinated.html
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 3 August 2021, 04:36 AM   #41
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Speedy recovery to all.

CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated.

And in the same article it states this:

Roughly 97% of new hospitalizations and 99.5% of deaths in the U.S. are among unvaccinated individuals, U.S. health officials repeated this week.
Old 3 August 2021, 04:38 AM   #42
jatco

Watch: 116233/79190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post

Roughly 97% of new hospitalizations and 99.5% of deaths in the U.S. are among unvaccinated individuals, U.S. health officials repeated this week.
/\ .. This is the most important stat. - Says it all....

' A Crown for every achievement '
Old 3 August 2021, 05:14 AM   #43
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Yup. Man, when lab leak is confirmed I'd hate to be the country(s) on the hook for rightful legal and financial repercussions to those affected / killed.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 3 August 2021, 06:15 AM   #44
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
A quick update on my symptoms, I'm not feeling too bad at all, could blame the 44C ambient for my light-headedness. No headaches no temperature.
Sense of smell is still there, say at 50% but present. Taste combined and I can still savor a nice cup of coffee. This will be very uplifting for the next 10 or so days...Hope it lasts and improves.
I am glad to hear this Basil, I hope improvement continues and you’re 100% very quickly

PS On a side note, how is life in the capitol city of my (Greek) heritage?
Old 3 August 2021, 06:22 AM   #45
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I am glad to hear this Basil, I hope improvement continues and you’re 100% very quickly

PS On a side note, how is life in the capitol city of my (Greek) heritage?
Hey Paul,

Thanks

Life is great here, somehow it always has been, against all odds.

Get on a flight and come over
Old 3 August 2021, 06:27 AM   #46
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Hey Paul,

Thanks

Life is great here, somehow it always has been, against all odds.

Get on a flight and come over
It’s on my bucket list Basil, have always wanted to visit the land of my heritage. My grandparents came over in 1909 and I am somewhat ashamed to say I don’t speak a word of Greek, except for some Linear A when I minored in classical studies in college;
( Y Tan Y Epi Tas! ). I fantasize that in a previous life I stood next to Leonidas at the battle of Thermopolye, or was in the horse with Achilles.

With my luck, I was probably a peasant that cleaned the public latrines

Didn’t mean to hijack your thread, feel better soon.
Old 3 August 2021, 06:36 AM   #47
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
It’s on my bucket list Basil, have always wanted to visit the land of my heritage. My grandparents came over in 1909 and I am somewhat ashamed to say I don’t speak a word of Greek, except for some Linear A when I minored in classical studies in college;
( Y Tan Y Epi Tas! ). I fantasize that in a previous life I stood next to Leonidas at the battle of Thermopolye, or was in the horse with Achilles.

With my luck, I was probably a peasant that cleaned the public latrines

Didn’t mean to hijack your thread, feel better soon.
ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

"With it or on it" (your shield)

We could have been standing side by side...

Never mind the high jack

Some eye candy from Neapolis, just south of Sparta...

Old 3 August 2021, 06:40 AM   #48
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς

"With it or on it" (your shield)

We could have been standing side by side...

Never mind the high jack

Some eye candy from Neapolis, just south of Sparta...

AWESOME!!!!!

Old 3 August 2021, 06:43 AM   #49
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
AWESOME!!!!!

And just because THIS IS TRF...

Looking forward to the end of my quarantine.
Old 3 August 2021, 06:55 AM   #50
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Basil, if you are not careful you will be added to my “Is my room ready” list of TRF members…..
Old 3 August 2021, 07:00 AM   #51
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Basil, if you are not careful you will be added to my “Is my room ready” list of TRF members…..
Be

My

Old 3 August 2021, 07:02 AM   #52
crew
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Best wishes Basil for mild symptoms and a speedy recovery.
Old 3 August 2021, 07:27 AM   #53
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX

Feel Better Soon!!!

The Vaccine is not 100% protection from getting Covid-19. Unfortunately as the virus get smarter and mutates the strains may start to out smart our current vaccines.

The best way to protect yourself, your family, friends and the human population is to GET Vaccinated and WEAR a Mask indoors where there are a lot of people.

The sooner We ALL Get Vaccinated the less chance of Mega Strains of the Covid-19 Virus developing that could continue to get stronger and out smart our Scientists!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 3 August 2021, 07:49 AM   #54
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

I'm hearing more and more about the recent big uptick. Maybe they should close everything for weeks or months to help flatten the curve.

Old 3 August 2021, 10:20 AM   #55
thedak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm hearing more and more about the recent big uptick. Maybe they should close everything for weeks or months to help flatten the curve.
Agreed.

Should start at the southern Border.

Old 3 August 2021, 10:28 AM   #56
Chiclet

Watch: Day-Date
Quote:
Speedy recovery to all.

The original CDC report is here: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7031e2_w

Unfortunately, some news outlets are reporting this to show that the vaccine doesn't work.

What the actual CDC report confirms is what we already know, that the Delta variant is highly contagious, even among vaccinated people. However, an important baseline piece of data is missing - what was the percentage of vaxxed attendees at these events? If >90% were vaxxed, then a 74% infection rate among the vaxxed is no surprise, given how the δ variant spreads. As population-level vaccination coverage increases, vaccinated persons are likely to represent a larger proportion of COVID-19 cases. The CDC report also clearly acknowledges the findings are subject to at least four limitations, which are stated within.

Quote:

Exactly this. I'm both Covid-recovered and vaxxed, but I expect it's likely that I'll get infected again by a new variant. I'm confident that my chances of hospitalization/death are incredibly low.

Last edited by Chiclet; 3 August 2021 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: CDC link correction
Old 3 August 2021, 11:02 AM   #57
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiclet View Post

Exactly this. I'm both Covid-recovered and vaxxed, but I expect it's likely that I'll get infected again by a new variant. I'm confident that my chances of hospitalization/death are incredibly low.
Exactly right. The Vacc does not prevent you from getting the virus, the day that we humans are completely immune to all viruses is the day we all turn in to Cyborgs, but if/when you are infected, the vacc will reduce the severity of the infections and symptoms, you might even be asymptomatic and not even KNOW you have it. We all get viral infections and although it sucks, we overcome, but with how dangerous the corona is, we need to protect ourselves as much as possible. I don’t have the source, but somewhere it is written 99% of the people that are hospitalized with Covid are not vaccinated. The vacced ones that get the virus have a couple crappy days with virus (like the flu) and life goes on. What does that tell you?
Old 3 August 2021, 01:16 PM   #58
Kowaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: G Shock
Quote:
We made that mistake last time of waiting, they need to shut it down again before it takes off again.
Old 3 August 2021, 02:27 PM   #59
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowaco View Post
We made that mistake last time of waiting, they need to shut it down again before it takes off again.
I agree, although I don't think it's borders or airlines that are the culprit. This spike is mostly due to people gathering as normal in large numbers trying to enjoy the summer. Or people simply demasking. I was in Kroger today and hardly anyone had a mask on. Even though there was an announcement on replay stating that masks are required in the store referring to the new variants and rise in transmissions, nobody listens, or cares and nobody enforces it.
Vaccinated people are like, I don't need a mask....unvaccinated people are like, I'ma blend in and not wear one.
I'm always masked up indoors even if I'm the only "weirdo" doing so.
Our governor in Texas is on another level of not giving a f$#2.
Old 3 August 2021, 05:25 PM   #60
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post

Feel Better Soon!!!

The Vaccine is not 100% protection from getting Covid-19. Unfortunately as the virus get smarter and mutates the strains may start to out smart our current vaccines.

The best way to protect yourself, your family, friends and the human population is to GET Vaccinated and WEAR a Mask indoors where there are a lot of people.

The sooner We ALL Get Vaccinated the less chance of Mega Strains of the Covid-19 Virus developing that could continue to get stronger and out smart our Scientists!

The vaccine will give you 0% protection from contracting Covid-19 if you are exposed it it.

Closed Thread