The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 4 August 2021, 11:22 PM   #91
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Not sure I understand this comment? How is getting vaccinated doing it for someone else?

The vaccine protects the person who is vaccinated. You can still catch COVID and still transmit it after being vaccinated.

Note I'm not anti-vaccine. I and my whole family were vaccinated the first chance we got. Just seems to me people not vaccinated are really only risking themselves unless I misunderstand?

Simple Mike, it’s helps to reduce the spread.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ngstoknow.html
Old 4 August 2021, 11:28 PM   #92
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Simple Mike, it’s helps to reduce the spread.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ngstoknow.html
Interesting. Is that because vaccinated people are less likely to contract it, or because even if they do they are less contagious? Or maybe both?

At this point if you are an adult who chooses not to be vaccinated, that's on you. I hope everyone gets vaccinated but at this point I'm looking our for me and my loved ones. Every adult has had the ability to be vaccinated by now. I have friends and relatives who won't do it and all I can say to them is "good luck!"
Old 4 August 2021, 11:30 PM   #93
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
Is the “odd sensation” close to your ears? When I had Covid the muscles in front of my ears hurt, I presume from coughing so much.

Also, losing taste and smell was my last symptom before other symptoms started tapering off. So hopefully the same for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for this info.

At first I thought it was at the jaw junction but it apparently is deeper in the upper jaw, in way of the last molars, both sides. I haven't had any cough. And a 500mg paracetamol cap promptly eliminates the sensation.
Old 4 August 2021, 11:47 PM   #94
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Interesting. Is that because vaccinated people are less likely to contract it, or because even if they do they are less contagious? Or maybe both?

At this point if you are an adult who chooses not to be vaccinated, that's on you. I hope everyone gets vaccinated but at this point I'm looking our for me and my loved ones. Every adult has had the ability to be vaccinated by now. I have friends and relatives who won't do it and all I can say to them is "good luck!"
No expert here Mike, I can only give you my beliefs.

I believe being vaccinated reduces the virus transmission by reducing the pool of people who become infected and reducing virus levels in those who get infected.

I fully understand that being vaccinated doesn’t guarantee you won’t catch covid but it reduces the risk. From what I understand, if you still do catch the virus after being vaccinated, the effects are much less likely to require hospitalization, and thereby also helps others in need of urgent care.

So by “doing it for someone else” I think of those folks who are more defenseless to the virus. Of course I have my own selfish reasons as stated in my earlier post. A nephew with downs, parents living in a home, a daughter with asthma.

Another interesting link that resonates with me.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ugh-cases.html
Old 4 August 2021, 11:54 PM   #95
Brew
"TRF" Member

The choice not to get vaccinated will soon come with social consequences, in addition to the manifest health risk.
Old 5 August 2021, 12:29 AM   #96
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
The Real Summary if you read/research (and easily found in studies) beyond propaganda:

-Unvaccinated tests are ran at a 40 cycle threshold.
-Unvaccinated cases that show positive at a 40 cycle threshold are counted towards numbers regardless if a person is hospitalized or not
-Once admitted to a hospital and tested, if unvaccinated a 40 cycle threshold is used in all cases not 28 cycles as is used for vaccinated for reporting purposes
-All vaccinated are tested at a 28 cycle threshold and only counted in cases if thru hospitalization or death.
-PCR test reviews genetic materials, the greater the number of cycle thresholds, the greater the genetic material is magnified, resulting in less meaningful statistics ultimately
-These biased tests (or I should say biased setup) will be decommissioned Dec 2021, but in the meanwhile can be used to skew a narrative, push passports among other things

In respect to the above, for those familiar with statistics I would ask you if you have ever ran a confidence interval and assumed the 90% and 99% levels to be apples to apples comparisons. That doesn't mean anything is "fake" just more than likely statically skewed i.e. the sample has a low R^2 in relation to the population and is not representative.

If anything, I have learned we need to improve our math education and include statistics in primary schooling as a requirement. If you feel you should have a treatment and it's best for your personal health, it is your right. But please with the virtue signaling and ignoring of naturally gained immunities and/or antibodies and downright discrimination. If you believe in vaccine science and are only be open to one method of anti-body protections, you are part of the problem as you are in conflict with the very vaccine science you say you believe. We do not have a 2 tiered society, we are all equal (or should be).

What that means....if you are unvaccinated please be careful we are in a pandemic. If you are vaccinated please be careful we are in a pandemic. Your "immunities" are not better or worse because you have gained in a way that has conformed to your own behavioral biases including endowment and anchoring and adjustment psychological biases. Your immunity choice is meant to cause division and conflict with the other side as all things usually do. Let's treat each other with respect not virtue signaling that you care more about others because you believe your way is better than someone else's.

And just because the "big TV" tells you something does not make the journalists (said loosely) always correct. Stay safe everyone

P.S. I know the above will trigger some, but it is never fun to be told or made aware that you have been manipulated. What would help prove the current treatments to be effective (or at least equal to naturally induced anti-bodies) would be if application and cycle thresholds were ran consistently for all. The burden of proof is on the treatment not the natural anti-bodies. In scientific studies we would call this the base case or null hypothesis.

Breakthrough case submission form linked below. Notice the specific section covering and requiring "CT Value" aka cycle threshold of 28 vs 40. If CT was not important then why would it be asked on the review of breakthroughs?

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ation-Form.pdf

Does this mean the treatment doesn't work? Of course it doesn't mean that and there may be merit behind, especially for repurposed use in cancer treatments among others. But let's stop with the fake science. The fake science being taking a cult like perspective as a pill for everything society. Sunlight/UV kills pathogens, disinfectants kill pathogens. But their effectiveness is not mutually exclusive. Of course if the above doesn't fit your narrative, I truly expect to hear the stereotypical virtue signaling and passive aggressive when you are on a ventilator that's what you get philosophy. A philosophy that does NO ONE any good. A society of do as I say not as I do, is a failing society.
Old 5 August 2021, 12:30 AM   #97
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
The choice not to get vaccinated will soon come with social consequences, in addition to the manifest health risk.

That’s all we need is another tribe to be part of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 August 2021, 12:34 AM   #98
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Read this today, kind of appropriate....

It is instructive to look back at settled U.S. law stemming from Jacobson v Massachusetts, 1905, a US Supreme Court case. Justice John Marshall Harlan wrote the majority opinion of a 7-2 decision against the plaintiff who cited his personal liberty as the main argument about refusing smallpox vaccination. It was pointed out that the Constitution does not secure the unlimited liberty of the individual when it is averse to the general welfare and safety of the community of fellow citizens at large. By applying reasonable constraints, the Constitution preserves the welfare of all.

It's rather sad in this country that EVERYTHING has to be political. One has to wonder if chaos is the goal of some people or groups.
Old 5 August 2021, 12:35 AM   #99
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
The choice not to get vaccinated will soon come with social consequences
That’s probably a good idea eh comrade?

“papers please”

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 5 August 2021, 12:36 AM   #100
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Read this today, kind of appropriate....

It is instructive to look back at settled U.S. law stemming from Jacobson v Massachusetts, 1905, a US Supreme Court case. Justice John Marshall Harlan wrote the majority opinion of a 7-2 decision against the plaintiff who cited his personal liberty as the main argument about refusing smallpox vaccination. It was pointed out that the Constitution does not secure the unlimited liberty of the individual when it is averse to the general welfare and safety of the community of fellow citizens at large. By applying reasonable constraints, the Constitution preserves the welfare of all.

It's rather sad in this country that EVERYTHING has to be political.
Great example bro. Smallpox had a survival rate of 35%. Coronavirus has a survival rate of 99.97%.

Instagram - patton250
Old 5 August 2021, 12:37 AM   #101
Brew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
That’s probably a good idea eh comrade?

“papers please”
Just stating a fact. You may color that as you will.
Old 5 August 2021, 12:40 AM   #102
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Just stating a fact. You may color that as you will.
Pretty sure we fought entire world wars to prevent this kind of draconian power. The scary part is not that parts of governments would like to institute this type of control. Nope. The scary part is the amount of citizens we have today that would accept it without question. Unbelievable. Very scary.

Instagram - patton250
Old 5 August 2021, 12:41 AM   #103
Brew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Pretty sure we fought entire world wars to prevent this kind of draconian power. The scary part is not that parts of governments would like to institute this type of control. Nope. The scary part is the amount of citizens we have today that would accept it without question. Unbelievable. Very scary.

Yes, you’ve said this previously. I don’t care to engage with your politics. Be well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 5 August 2021, 12:45 AM   #104
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes, you’ve said this previously. I don’t care to engage with your politics. Be well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
This entire subject is political. The very fact that you posted in this thread is political. This thread is one of the scariest things I’ve read in quite some time.

Instagram - patton250
Old 5 August 2021, 12:50 AM   #105
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

600,000 in the US.

And that's not why we fought 2 World Wars.

We've had mandatory vaccinations for years.
Old 5 August 2021, 12:54 AM   #106
wtp123
"TRF" Member

Yeah this variant seems to not care if you are vaccinated or not. My wife caught it last week regardless of being vaccinated.
Old 5 August 2021, 12:57 AM   #107
Brew
"TRF" Member

The unvaccinated will just be a breeding ground for this and the next variant. Here (wherever that is) and abroad. This is how a virus works.
Old 5 August 2021, 12:59 AM   #108
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
This entire subject is political. The very fact that you posted in this thread is political. This thread is one of the scariest things I’ve read in quite some time.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hwqn9
Old 5 August 2021, 01:06 AM   #109
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

It looks like this is where we are headed.

Revelation 13:16-17 KJV
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: [17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

If getting the shot will help you not to get the virus, why do you care if someone doesn't get the shot? Why does that affect you? There's a lot more to this, and the Bible is always up-to-date.

John 3:16-21,36 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. [21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. [36] He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Rolex friends, I believe the end is near and we need to start thinking seriously about our spiritual condition.

Let's get back to what this site is supposed to be for - that is Rolex watches, not political propaganda!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Old 5 August 2021, 01:06 AM   #110
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
600,000 in the US.

And that's not why we fought 2 World Wars.

We've had mandatory vaccinations for years.
Yes. It’s a novel virus. It’s going to take its toll on the population. It sucks. There’s nothing you can do about it. You could lock down until your hearts content and it’s still going to run through the population. You can create all the new experimental vaccines in record time you want and it’s still going to run through the population. That’s what’s happening now. It’s running through the population. It’s also going to mutate. Luckily mutations generally get weaker as the virus tries to survive. There’s nothing you can do about that. It’s going to happen.

We fought two world wars to end or stop the spread of totalitarianism. Why are so many so accepting of it today? Almost encouraging it I would say. Several people on this very thread. Very scary.

We’ve never had mandatory vaccines. Never. Not in the United States we don’t. I am not anti-vaccine by the way. However I am very much anti-forcing anyone to stick something in their body. I’m very much gravitating toward your side who has always so supportive of my “body my choice”. It seems to be so scarily absent in this case.

Instagram - patton250
Old 5 August 2021, 01:12 AM   #111
stephentross
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 116600
https://www.muhealth.org/our-stories...el-coronavirus
Closed Thread