The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 6 March 2024, 05:34 AM   #61
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Bel Canto Christopher Ward Delayed

Mine was due in February. At the end of the month I received an email announcing my second or third delay (it's been a while as it was ordered last January and was supposed to be delivered in October). The game me a $300 credit towards my next purchase. I received that recently (Sealander 36mm Automatic). The Bel Canto should be in this month from what they said. When is another question.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 06:08 AM   #62
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I kinda want mine delayed a month, clip 300 and get a discount on the aventurine mp.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 12:30 PM   #63
Lukla
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet
After waiting about a year, I lost interest in Bel Canto and cancelled my order. Adding new watches in my humble collection during this wait time also contributes to the loss of interest. This has to be a problem with watch brands with long wait time? Handling of the order cancel was very smooth though.
Lukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 01:49 PM   #64
wesdaniel
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I kinda want mine delayed a month, clip 300 and get a discount on the aventurine mp.
I got a 10% discount after I cancelled my order and had planned to use it on the aventurine moonphase. But, I'm not willing to order it until they have it in hand which, at this rate, may be necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukla View Post
After waiting about a year, I lost interest in Bel Canto and cancelled my order. Adding new watches in my humble collection during this wait time also contributes to the loss of interest. This has to be a problem with watch brands with long wait time? Handling of the order cancel was very smooth though.
Agreed on the loss of interest. With delay after delay after delay, the shine wears off. Much like I feel about Rolex. The chase was fun for a while, but quickly lost its luster. Now, I don't even bother walking into a boutique or AD. I'm buying vintage, pre-owned, etc. and really enjoying it.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 09:57 PM   #65
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukla View Post
I cancelled a Ming for this very reason. It’s an issue with this business model. I bought like 3 watches in the meantime
Old 7 March 2024, 06:54 AM   #66
Enzo954
"TRF" Member

I'm glad I waited. Love my Viola Bel Canto. Very unique watch.
Enzo954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 09:20 AM   #67
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
I cancelled a Ming for this very reason. It’s an issue with this business model. I bought like 3 watches in the meantime
Thats what I hate with both Ming and CW. While customers wait on their orders the companies come out with 2-4 other models instead of focusing on customers who have been waiting for ages
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 11:24 AM   #68
wesdaniel

Watch: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
Thats what I hate with both Ming and CW. While customers wait on their orders the companies come out with 2-4 other models instead of focusing on customers who have been waiting for ages
And, specifically, customers who have already paid (or left deposits) and are still waiting and being delayed over and over and over again.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 11:42 AM   #69
Allanmodel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Still Looking....!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo954 View Post
I'm glad I waited. Love my Viola Bel Canto. Very unique watch.
Good for you. How's your chime sound goes? Loud and can you hear it on your wrist?
Allanmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 11:52 AM   #70
Enzo954
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanmodel View Post
Good for you. How's your chime sound goes? Loud and can you hear it on your wrist?
It's not very loud but the chime sounds perfect to me. I can hear it on my wrist if the room is relatively quiet.
Enzo954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 04:14 PM   #71
Allanmodel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Still Looking....!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo954 View Post
It's not very loud but the chime sounds perfect to me. I can hear it on my wrist if the room is relatively quiet.
Good for you.

I've sent mine back to CW to repair. Can't hear anything on my wrist.
Allanmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 11:38 AM   #72
DLRIDES

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post

I think CW has introduced EIGHT new models since my order/deposit fourteen months ago. The last correspondence I received stated shipping by end of March. If this does not transpire, I will cancel the order and never consider CW again.

Old 9 March 2024, 12:18 PM   #73
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I bootstrapped my first 2 businesses off preorders. $0 up front working capital, can scale smoothly, etc... and I found that multiplying our "worst case" estimate by ~1.5x - 1.8x and giving that number to the customer made sure we were always underpromising and overdelivering. Not sure why these watch companies do not do the same thing. Yeah, revenue is slightly lower...but it's worth it!
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 12:26 AM   #74
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Bel Canto Christopher Ward Delayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
I bootstrapped my first 2 businesses off preorders. $0 up front working capital, can scale smoothly, etc... and I found that multiplying our "worst case" estimate by ~1.5x - 1.8x and giving that number to the customer made sure we were always underpromising and overdelivering. Not sure why these watch companies do not do the same thing. Yeah, revenue is slightly lower...but it's worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk